Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Yazoo to brew another Fortuitous batch

Discussion in 'South' started by sommersb, May 7, 2012.

1. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (615) Tennessee May 25, 2010 Subscriber

I saw today in the Yazoo blog that they'll be releasing another batch of Fortuitous in the future:

Getting started on another batch of Fortuitous

[​IMG]
    This time, we will start with another local distillery's used barrels - Collier and McKeel. Mike Williams of C&Mc bought our original 10 bbl brewhouse and leased it to Corsair in our old space. He is now setting up his own space in a building in west Nashville. He makes a killer whiskey, and I can't wait to see how this turns out!

posted at http://yazoobrew.blogspot.com

2. Well thats interesting... I wonder if Linus cultured the bugs from the previous infection or if he will inoculate with a new strain/blend straight from Wyeast/WLP or otherwise...

I look forward to following this project and think it would be cool if Linus used this as a more experimental oriented line rather than trying to recreate the same beer, though I understand the risks with that in a commercial brewery without a program as such already in place...

3. cvm4

cvm4 Savant (460) Mississippi Apr 27, 2011 Verified

Great! I still have the only bottle I could score. Hope I can get another.