1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

YMBBIF Hints and Hauls Thread

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Mar 1, 2013.

1. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

The speedway is on your list... It's a Kopi Luwak one. Learn to read better bitch :)

Also the Eclipse EC 12 is from the 2011 batch, the Evan Williams Eclipse (Black Wax) is from 2012. The BR1 is bottling run 1. Because of complaints about bottle variation instead of numbering the bottles this year they labeled them by bottling run. In all seriousness though those are some of my favorite beers that I wanted to share with someone who wanted to try them. Enjoy, and fret not there's more coming ;)

Ungertaker and MarkIntihar like this.
  2. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

Sorry, sir. May I please have another? :)

usofar and MarkIntihar like this.
  3. Xtent

Xtent Savant (260) California Jan 16, 2013

I wish my bitch liked barleywines and sours
    Now what to place in the second shipper?

MarkIntihar likes this.
  4. Ungertaker

More?!?!?!?

5. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (415) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

Box #1 going out Monday.

Mine has to be better (bigger) right?

usofar, Ungertaker and MarkIntihar like this.
  6. mnbearsfan

So you got the one who DOSENT like Sours and/or BWs?

7. usofar

Well........yeah!

8. Swag ordered, hopefully some shows up today, or did usps stop saturday delivery? I've enlisted henchmen to help pound my target.

9. Ungertaker

Lol, no just ADHD. Got sidetracked watching my cousin's team in the MN state hockey tourney semifinal game (with my son)... Should've just taken it right away when I opened the box instead of rushing to take my daughter to a birthday party. #parentproblems

10. 99 problems ......

11. Finalizing my beer list. Looking like double digit wants, the rest falling within bucket list parameters. Current rAvg 4.44, BA 97, with a shitload of brewery only releases. One isn't even on BA at all. Handling swag next.

Hint- Travelling west and south. Would be an obvious clue, but there's a kajillion MN BA's in this.

12. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (565) Florida Aug 11, 2012

My Dearest Bitch.....

My box is getting close to completion, and I anticipate shipping next Monday. I appreciate your patience, good things come to those who wait. Just waiting on two last pieces to round out my porch bomb. Take a deep breath, and always lift with your legs..............

13. I will be shipping to my bitch in two stages. A couple of things are going to take a bit longer to get here so they'll have a couple of weeks to recover from lifting the first box. Hoping to ship that out on Monday.

14. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

I know my bitch has back problems, so I will be shipping in multiple stages as well to save him some struggles. Plan to have the first box out tomorrow or so.

15. I can't help it, I have a cult following.

16. Ungertaker

We all drink the Lobo Kool-Aid.

17. Mista

Mista Aficionado (205) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

Sweet now all the other MN hints will lead to me. MNBearsfan doesn't count - He lives in the sticks!

18. Ungertaker

Just in case this thread gets the axe, I took screen shots of all the previous pages.

19. johnyb

Pump fake..... my box is now in the hands of the fine folks at FedEx. It weighs exactly the same as a bull dolphin I caught last year. I was able to share some Mahi filets with a number of my friends off that bad boy. It will take a little longer to arrive at my target than the time it took me to reel in that monster.

20. Xtent

Xtent Savant (260) California Jan 16, 2013

17 bottles so far, 9 are wants
    @ 357 ozs, hitting the store today to see if I can knock a few more out and get it shipped this weekend.

21. The in this bif trade for this bif arrived last night. I will finish up this weekend (might grab a damn expensive SD growler) and ship on Monday three boxes

Hint 2: I'm going to foil my target 1250

22. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I believe that I'll be shipping this weekend, going east to a state that I've never visited, but flown over!

23. Hint 3: East Bound and Up?

24. usofar

Expensive San Diego growlers you say? I don't even know who you're sending to but i approve!

25. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

My target lives east of where I am right now, but west of where I reside.

Ungertaker likes this.
  26. Ungertaker

I received another bottle for my target today, picked up a couple things at the store, and lined up a trade for yet another bottle. I think I might send a twelve- and sixteen ounce-laden warning shot in the next couple days- just to be sure some of it is still fresh when it arrives.

27. I have tracked down a few bottles for my target in the past few days and am still working on a few more. Box(es) will be going East to a state that makes many a beer I've enjoyed recently.

28. My target has drank 2 bottles planned for my box in the last 2 weeks...but I'll probably send them anyways cause they're awesome beers he can't get around him.

29. I'm doing an IP trade today to collect 2 more bottles off my bitch's wants list. Also set up another trade that has another want arriving next week.

Hopefully the first box will be heading East Monday.

30. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I did an IP trade for the same bottle Steve got, (BECAUSE HE STOLE MY IDEA), so now I think I'm good to ship. Should go out this weekend. My target hasn't posted in this (or any) thread for a while now. Which is sadtimes for me.

31. Mine hasn't posted since page 2, yeah that's hint 4 ;)

32. mnbearsfan

one or two of my boxes are going out monday th other will depend on how slow the brewery is at shipping im too lazy to deive there

if i get things out on monday, they will have beer on friday, at least that is how long it takes to ship to my brother

33. Mista

Mista Aficionado (205) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

Just received some fresh IPA's today via trade. I'll be turning around and shipping a box out Monday while i wait for another trade to come in that is on my targets wants

34. Ungertaker

160oz aluminum warning shot going out Monday.

35. LOVE!

36. johnyb

FedEx says my target will receive some FL goodness mañana. However,I have found that Saturday delivery is somewhat suspect? Stay tuned....

37. never had a Saturday delivery issue...

38. johnyb

Ahhhh, never had a Saturday delvery issue have you, well then, perhaps it's you that shall receive my magical pot of gold this St. Patricks's Day weekend, and then again, maybe it's naught............

39. johnyb

Happy St. Patricks Day weekend to all my BA friends, let's all hoist many a glass!!!

Sláinte

johnyb

40. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Guess who's back, back again? Shady's back, tell a friend.

Hint for my target - your town has been both incredibly smart and incredibly stupid in sports news recently.

I believe I know who my sender is now. Reminds me of when that Hatfield feller went and knocked up that McCoy girl. Or maybe I am wrong. Either way excited to be back and ready to get my BIF on.

Another thing for my target - box is coming on strong, hitting some places out of my area this weekend and weekend after next to round things out, so will be shipping towards end of window but I think you will be happy with the results of the wait. Pepper up your steak, brah.