YMBBIF Hints and Hauls Thread

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Ok scratch the growler but in it's place I've got some other tasty/fun stuff which includes two more wants

Ungertaker and MarkIntihar like this.
  2. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

To Scott's target- you should be giddy with anticipation. All of the times that he has made a substitution on one of our trades, my head has just about exploded. You have been warned.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  3. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

So I went to my mom's house where I cellar about 75% of my beer to pull some stuff for my target. When I got there, my brother (not into craft) said he broke about 10 bottles of beer, but he would replace them(ya right). As I got to the cellar, I found out it was:

2006 BCBS
    2007 BCBS
    2010 BCBS X2
    King Henry
    BCBVS
    2010 MOAS
    Batch 1 Parabola
    Batch 2 Parabola
    and... well I don't even want to say

I am so pissed right now, just needed to vent a little. A couple of the fallen soldiers were planned to go to my target, but I'll have to get a little more creative now.

4. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Words cannot describe my feels right now... :(

Ungertaker likes this.
  5. My targets shirt showed up today, like it so much may get myself one at some point.

6. Should be able to just go down to the corner store and pick those up :rolleyes:

I would have been sending a note to my target telling them I would be shipping late because of death in the family and I had to help my mom plan the funeral.

7. Mista

Mista Aficionado (215) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

what was his excuse?

Had a box show up Friday with a leaking growler - one was for me and one was for my target. I'll crack open the leaky one tonight and see if it's any good and then off the other one shall go. I was under the assumption it would have been counter pressured but i was mistaken, i guess i just take town hall for granted.

8. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

As I am drinking Lagunitas sucks for $8 a pitcher (thanks local pizza shop for being retarded), I dream about town hall masala mama. Go Syracuse!

MarkIntihar likes this.
  9. hannydawg

He was getting some of his stuff out of storage there, had his golf clubs over his shoulder, swung around and, crash. Needless to say I am in the process of relocating my cellar out of his reach.

10. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

I have a pretty good idea who is sending me boxes.

To my target, I apologize, I've been dealing with some medical issues lately, but I'm traveling to Western PA and Ohio to try to track down some regional (fresh) IPAs along with some other good stuff if I can find any. I'm going to maybe pick up some swag as well while there.

Looking at around 6-7 wants right now with possibly more, along with a few bottles that are variants of a couple of wants (think different barrels). There will be some sours from PA along with some 1L growlers, but absolutely no Dogfish Head. ;)

11. get better, life is more important than beer.

12. Ungertaker

I really don't think you know who is sending to you. :)

Some hints for my target: you are west of me and I have not traded with you before.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  13. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

I was going off of a vague hint from a few pages back, so you're probably correct!

14. Ungertaker

I wa just trying to be a pain in the ass anyway.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  15. Boxes all packed, I haven't been this pleased with a package since the Cali Gang Bang Two box

16. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

The blizzard that we are getting tomorrow will allow me to finish packing the box for my target. Should be able to ship on Tuesday. So far I got a 12 bottle shipper filled with big bottles, most are wants. Thinking I may get a some more "fresh" ounces tomorrow. And some swag big enough to fit lobo

17. hannydawg

After some regrouping, I have 20ish bottles/growlers selected with at least 8 wants, some wants with multiple vintages. Hoping to get the first of 3(?) boxes out tomorrow. Box will probably travel through some snow on the way to my target.

18. good thing it's going to his office. To my target,I'm not very helpful.

19. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

This weeks weather appears dicey but next week (assuming forecast holds and such) I think I will be sending box 1/2 to my target. They lie to my west and if my routing is correct the box would have to enter approximately 4 states to get to it's destination, though I suppose 5 is possible. 6 would be unlikely and 3 impossible.

Also, your area appears to have a town/area that shares a name with the city I work in mostly. Because you all know where I work.....right? ;)

20. Man, lots of bitching about the weather... so anyway the high today was 69 and I wore a t-shirt and shorts all weekend. so yeah #SoCalLiving

21. hannydawg

After looking again at the weather, I might hold off until Wednesday so my target gets the first box on Friday.

22. he won't mind

23. leschkie

leschkie Advocate (500) California Jan 30, 2011

Since I'm such a lazy ass, this will be my one and only hint. Technically it is beer-related. If you don't understand the hint, then I'm likely not sending to you

[​IMG]

Ungertaker, sliverX and MarkIntihar like this.
  24. Born in SLC, fell in love in and with the PNW, live in CA and drink a lot of Midwest beer...

25. leschkie

I'm sorry, the question was what do you think of the newly elected Pope Francis

26. MarkIntihar

VOLTRON!!!!!

Ungertaker likes this.
  27. Mista

You work in Bloomington right :p, nevermind i'm three states away :(

28. Xtent

Xtent Savant (270) California Jan 16, 2013

It arrived!
    Went out Saturday for some St. Pattys day mayhem and while I was out the porch took a beating. Wife hid the box and told me Sunday when I got up that a box had came and she hid it so when I got back from the outing, me and my buddies wouldn't finish it all off. Very nice way to start my Sunday, big thank you to johnyb!
    Hit some things I never had on my wants but should have and hit plenty of things I really wanted to try.
    Love the snifter and metal tacker too.

Enough with the talking, time to get to the pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KBS 12
    Bells Kalamazoo Stout
    Terrapin Wake n Bake
    Bells Two Hearted
    FFF Alpha King x 2
    FFF Zombie Dust x 2
    Darkhorse Pt5 BA
    CCB Hotter than Helles Lager x 2
    CCB Maduro x 2
    Surly Furious
    Surly Abrasive
    Sixpoint 3 Beans
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Founders Imperial Stout
    CCB Hunahpu 13
    Jester King Funk Metal
    BCBCS
    CCB Snifter
    CCB Maduro metal tacker

29. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Ungertaker, sliverX and MarkIntihar like this.
  30. OK, I apologize to the other participants but I'm going to make this whole BIF my bitch

Final Stats on the boxes hitting the road today

Number of Beers = 27
    Total Number of Ounces = 528
    Number of Wants = 18

rAvg Average = 4.33
    rAvg Max = 4.82
    rAvg Min = 3.86

BA Score Average = 95.12
    BA Score Max = 100 x4
    BA Score Min = 86

Both the rAvg Min and the BA Score Min belong to the base version of a barrel aged beer which is also in the box (4.38 90). I included it for a side by side

7 pieces of swag 4 of which are stemware. Each piece of stemware has a matching beer from that brewery to be enjoy in it

Deal with it

[​IMG]

31. MarkIntihar

I'm sending out 2 boxes, including a Top Want (eventually), and I still feel like I'm going to have to step up my game after this...

Ungertaker likes this.
  32. Mista

so it's like that now!

I'll have to make some adjustments, good thing i'm semi hung over today and didn't get my first box out. I'll have something out tomorrow regardless.

33. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

How are you hung over? You are not Irish.

34. shrek806

Hint my target is not pregnant and is "not like the other kids, here, in the trailer park"

How's that Biglobo, for an obscure clue?

35. leschkie

[​IMG]

Mystery solved ;)

36. shrek806

Well you figured it out, will my target?

37. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (575) Florida Aug 11, 2012

good clue, not so obscure though. More of a "Dead" giveaway................

38. Ungertaker

To my target: your box is scheduled to land on Friday. I will be sending a twelve-bottle shipper on Monday; I am supposed to be receiving the last bottle for the box later this week. Get ready for you nether-regions to hurt for a couple weeks!

MarkIntihar likes this.
  39. shrek806

Nobody got my schroedingers cat reference, which is two fold. Plus I really didn't think the song was that well known. It's probably 20 years old.

40. Hint 5: 2/25/12 (Loking), 5/16/12 (close?), 8/24/12 (indians), 9/11/12 (west), 10/23/12 (Any), 11/30/12 (either)