1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Comment "You just Had a beer very recently"

Discussion in 'Site' started by cbeer88, Jan 12, 2013.

1. I stumbled across this trying to check off a couple of hads. Is there a good reason for this? It's not like I'm funneling beers in 30 seconds, I just like to sometimes hit 3-4 recent 'hads' from one brewery at a time when I'm on a brewer's page. Having to wait a couple of minutes in between kind of kills the mood...
  2. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

It's not a couple of minutes. It's currently set for 60 seconds. We can adjust if need be.
  3. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (945) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

Personally I think 10 seconds should be enough (0 sec would be even better). 60 seconds seems really long if you are trying to enter a backlog of Hads.
  4. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Now that Hads count people are trying to "sway the vote."
  5. Todd

This is unrelated to the thread, but score bashing/hyping occurs with full reviews too. It's just part of having a subjective consumer rating system. The numbers and calculations sort this out in the end.

Back to the time limit ...
  6. Todd

We'll need to adjust for mobile activity anyway. 10 seconds could be ideal.
    uturn likes this.
  7. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Concur. I'm more of a Hadder than a Reviewer and I've been ticking off more beers since the switch. Wasn't trying to come across as a Reviewer snob.
  8. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

I'm going to vote for 0 seconds.
    Hermthegerm likes this.
  9. I'm a newbie, but in regards to the topic at hand I agree that 60 seconds may be too long. I am trying to get current on the the beer that I have "had". When I am online and trying to log the beers off of my list, I run into the message and have to reload the page. Not a huge deal, it just slows the process.

Thanks
  10. Todd

It's now set to 10 seconds.
  11. uturn

uturn Advocate (515) Florida Sep 19, 2003

Great... 10 sec is perfect, that's more than enought time to update 2 or more hads without a wait time.

Cheers
    mike
  12. Thanks Todd!
  13. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (470) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

Thank you. I was really getting annoyed yesterday trying to "had" a few beers. 10 secs is more than ample.