Younger in CO?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by buffs9, Jan 31, 2013.

1. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

I inquired at Vine Street the other day but the server wasn't sure. Hopefully they get one again.

2. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

In previous years they've always tapped them right after stout month ends. My guess is that if they get one, it'll be tapped the first few days of March.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  3. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

RR blog did say that they want everyone who gets it to tap it in february... i know vine street is typically on the allocation list so we'll see how it plays out...

4. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (470) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

5. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

PROTIP: Go to the first tapping, THEN post about the rest of the tappings :D

Looks like CO is getting more than last year, that's good to see FRTH get 3 kegs, I think they're 15g too, typically ~170 tickets or so per tapping.

joshclauss likes this.
  6. Been watching this thread and other sources closely but haven't seen any tappings prior to Saturday (not counting last Saturday's tapping at falling rock). Anyone know of any tappings I may have missed that happen this week? Headed out of town Friday through the end of the month and would love to try PtY before I head out. Thanks.

7. Anyone heard anything from Oskar Blues or Vine Street? Was hoping to hear something from them this week. I really don't want to try and battle the crowd at Falling Rock.

8. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

The crowds are everywhere these days. More beer, kegs, hype, craft brew drinkers, etc. Good or bad that's the way things are becoming. Last year at Choice City I showed up at 3 (when they release the tickets) walked right in, my friend got there late at 3:30 got the last ticket. This year we both showed up at 2:50 and both got shutout, barely, but the numbers are changing. Good luck. OB hasn't announced their release yet. Falling Rock is where everyone goes so I wouldn't personally bother (but I'm in Ft. Collins).

9. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

I was hoping to hear from Vine Street, too.

10. The tapping at Falling Rock last Saturday wasn't too crowded at all, my group all got a couple of glasses. That may have been because they only gave one day's notice though

jorjor and SalukiAlum like this.
  11. rkarimi

rkarimi Savant (315) Colorado Nov 6, 2010

I've heard that OB will have two tappings. One this Saturday and one the following Saturday.

12. Do you know what time they'll start giving out wristbands?

13. rkarimi

rkarimi Savant (315) Colorado Nov 6, 2010

They will be distributing wristbands at 10 am Saturday, with the tapping from 1-4. Confirmed ay HML&S last night.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  14. Only from one to four? Seemed like the time frame was much wider last year. I got there a half hour early last year for the second tapping and had no problems.

The Mayor tweeted a picture yesterday of their keg.

15. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

Just called Vine Street. :(

16. Domingo

Sucks about Vine Street. I love that place. Me and the Mrs. will definitely be at Cheeky Monk next Thursday then.

17. Prospero

What about Freshcraft, didn't they get one last year?

18. I heard they got a keg through Westword but last I checked they hadn't yet announced a tapping date.

19. gklover1

Freshcraft should announce soon. I'm told they will tap prior to March 1, and likely during the week. (Probably next Thursday.)

20. hopfacebrew

So Vine Street confirmed they didn't get one? Bummer.

21. stuart3368

stuart3368 Savant (255) Colorado Jan 3, 2011

Hops and Pie has a keg. Inside sources said it will be tapped March 3rd and first 50 get a ticket.

22. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

walked into falling rock at about 10 after and still got 2 glasses today. very chill, thanks ullr!

23. Prospero

Freshcraft announced today, I think it's Thursday at 6:00pm

24. gklover1

My experience at Backcountry Pizza today was easily equivalent to last year at Vine street. It was a significantly longer haul from Aurora, especially with the snow, but the atmosphere (even during Younger), the staff, and the company were well worth it. Thanks to Corey for cracking a BA Bigfoot! (Not hype folks. It was fan-damn-tastic.) Even my 3 yr old had a great time!

25. tholm273

tholm273 Aficionado (165) Wisconsin Nov 13, 2009

You, and your friends that stood in line just to get a ticket for the rest of the crew comming in was VERY generous of you. This WI'ite thanks you dearly! What'd you think of the NG Serendipity?

26. It was fantastic as usual. I've been bringing multiples back every time I go back to WI

27. Domingo

Looks like this is the last major Denver tapping at the Monk tonight. Last year the place was pretty chill, so I'm hoping this one is the same. Either way, we'll be there early to get some food and decent parking.

28. Prospero

Freshcraft at 6pm tonight, Cheeky Monk at 6:30, I'm actually thinking Freshcraft will be less crowded as it didn't show up in Westword.

https://www.facebook.com/events/191289987661935/

coreymcafee likes this.
  29. Domingo

Maybe so. We did their tapping a couple years ago and they jumped the gun and started selling tickets early and one of our friends actually missed out as a result. I still love FC, but had a better experience with Cheeky Monk. The fact that both are tapping it so close to one other should hopefully help everyone out.

30. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I was at the Cheeky Monk tapping on Monday - it was a complete shit show. They decided that ticketing didn't work that well before and at the last second started a line in the bar. I don't know who's been there, but this is not the kind of place that can accommodate a line. The line started forming around 5pm, tapping at 6:30, no one could order a beer or food because they were all standing in line. Everyone was angry about it. Someone in my group talked to the manager about it afterward, and she did say it was a total mistake and that they'd be going back to the old way on Thursday, but fair warning. It was decidedly NOT chill. Flashbacks to the way the Ft. Collins liquor store handled the Westy XII release.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  31. Domingo

Hmmm...well that sucks. Last year the place was 1/2 empty. I guess that goes along with being able to buy Sucaba off the shelf for weeks last year. Guess I'll find out in a few hours!

32. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (470) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

Prospero and hopfacebrew like this.
  33. Prospero

Indeed, VSP was my first choice right behind FRTH's first tapping that most people don't typically find out about in time for. Both chill and well organized.

34. b0rderman

b0rderman Aficionado (160) Colorado May 18, 2010

I'd like to coordinate a PtY verticle tasting...We plan to compare notes on 6:00pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm and 7:30pm vintages. I've got 6:00pm and 6:30pm but need to find some BAs that have 7 and 7.5. Long shot I know, but it has been a dream of mine. TIA.

35. Yulles

Yulles Savant (305) Minnesota Apr 12, 2009

Best news I've had all week. I've been seeing all of these tappings and being bitter about missing them. I have a chance to make the Hops & Pie event. I'll have some Surly and some other MN beer if anyone is interested. Hopefully my cousin can get there early enough to score us a ticket and my matches don't go long.

36. In town from Saint Paul, MN and happened into the PtY tapping at Cheeky Monk. Superb coordination. Great staff. Dynamite beer.

Prospero likes this.
  37. spoony

spoony Advocate (535) Colorado Aug 1, 2012

Agree. I was thinking about Monday, but skipped it because of work so I went to the Monk tonight. Service was great, atmosphere was mostly mellow. I showed up at about 5:30, had a beer and some frites before the Pliny and then waited about in line 3 minutes when they tapped. I think the line peaked at about 5 minutes.

Anybody hit up FC for the 6 pm?

38. Domingo

The setup at the Cheeky Monk was less than ideal, but still pretty good at the same time. We made it at around 5:20 and got a couple of numbered tickets. Funny enough, numbers 63 and 64 out of a guaranteed 65 pours. They were going to sell a couple more "probably" tickets, too as they'd likely have a little extra. The staff wasn't quite sure how things were going to work but we were told they were going in the order of the numbers of your tickets. However once they tapped it, they seemed to scrap that idea and pretty much anyone with a ticket could go up and get some. That said...it still worked. Like spoony mentions, the lines were never long. We got ours right around 6:35 per the waitress suddenly suggesting we get in line. The guys beside us kept waiting for their numbers and were suddenly told they better get up there ASAP, though. Hopefully nobody missed out, but I don't think so. The staff there is top notch, I just don't think they're necessarily built for events like this. Still, things worked out fine and I'm glad I went!

joshclauss and hopfacebrew like this.
  39. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (195) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

Yeah, I was there.
    I was expecting a complete zoo, but it was pretty mellow and well set up. I waited a minute or two for my ticket at 5:30 and about a minute for my beer at 6pm.I did see the line get longer right after we got ours, but it seemed like maybe 5 minutes long. Once the tickets were gone, they went to open pour and got 2 glasses out before the keg kicked.
    Once it kicked, they tapped PtE and were pouring pints for $4, which I was pretty shocked/stoked about.
    Overall, a very good 1st PtY experience.

40. hopfacebrew

Yeah I got there around 5 and got ticket 43. We found a table in the back and had a good time. The server said she'd bring the PtY over at 6:30 but when we saw the line we just jumped in. Pretty easy though the communication was a bit lax. The area around the bar seemed excessively crowded compared to the table we had in the corner. Good time. We asked the server how Monday was and she said "it was something of a disaster" so in comparison yesterday must have been decent for them.

Where were you seated?