1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Younger in LA/SD still?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by brystmar, Mar 16, 2012.

1. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

Flew in from NYC for the Bruery RS party and would looooove to find somewhere that still has PtY on draft. Am I too late?
  2. smaisch

smaisch Aficionado (155) California Nov 23, 2009

The only place around LA that I imagine might still have a keg of it kicking around is Lucky Baldwin's. They held onto one of theirs for quite some time and they might still be hoarding one more, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I really hope you get a chance to try some and have a blast at the RS party!
  3. Srsly

Srsly Aficionado (215) California Mar 21, 2010

Unfortunately, I think you might be a couple weeks too late. I could be wrong (and this is the rare case where I would actually like to be wrong) but I haven't heard anything about it showing up anywhere else...
  4. ryno09

ryno09 Savant (285) California May 1, 2010

It was past its prime at Churchill's on the 3rd but if you've never had it then go for it if you see it (unlikely).
  5. ahpark

ahpark Aficionado (105) California Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, I think most places in San Diego already tapped their rations, and honestly, at this point it's not exactly going to be at its best. Go drink some Knuckle Sandwich at the Bruery RS party and take some sweet resiny solace in that instead.
    Srsly likes this.
  6. Srsly

Srsly Aficionado (215) California Mar 21, 2010

perfect advice, KS is a pretty stellar consolation prize.

/thread.
  7. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

Drinking my second bottle of KS from this batch tonight, my last one was spectacular! Sounds like PtY will have to wait until next year.
  8. smaisch

smaisch Aficionado (155) California Nov 23, 2009

Heh, looks like you left early. Blue Palms is having Younger on, on April 1 in LA. Arguably the last keg of it in existence for this year.
  9. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

10. I really hope the keg of PtY at Stone lasts until Friday, when I get there...
  11. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (320) California Nov 21, 2008

@ shopshopshop and other out of towners - there's still one keg of PtY @ Selma's in Ladera Ranch if you feel like you won't be back anytime soon, details below, cheers

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/52133
  12. Aexoonge

Aexoonge Savant (255) California Mar 2, 2012

1st 100 tickets are sold out, and they get exclusive access to the Pliny 30 min early... ;)