1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your extreme beer creation

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by ricochet173, May 15, 2012.

1. Just for fun, if you could brew your own beer and have it as unique and interesting as possible, what would you make? What kind of a flavor profile would you be gunning for? What style?

For me, I'd probably go for a high gravity vanilla RIS blended with Framboise. Then: age it in port barrels. Everywhere I look, RIS is always aged in bourbon barrels, so this would be interesting (imo). Clearly, it'd be a serious winter beer. How about the rest of you?
  2. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

I think a multi-grain, wheatwine-saison hybrid brewed with citrus peels, loads of cascade and sorachi, and fermented with brett brux in a mix of white and red wine barrels with grapefruit pulp.

This beer will never get made.
  3. Belgian import chocolate dark chocolate RIS, barrel aged in scotch whiskey barrels for one year and bottle refermented, or served on nitro tap.
  4. emannths

emannths Savant (390) Massachusetts Sep 21, 2007

BeerAdvocate's Imperial Brown: take all the hyped, limited release beers and mix them together.
    AlCaponeJunior and beertunes like this.
  5. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Dry-hopped wild saison aged in pinot noir barrels.
    Oh crap, never mind
    AlCaponeJunior likes this.
  6. that sounds damn good.
  7. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

Ever have Anchorage's Love Buzz?
  8. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

See my revision. Had it only a couple days ago, but forgot this was almost exactly what I described.
    I'd make it better anyway. ;)
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

I'd make an IPA that didn't fall off after a few weeks.
    smchenry75, koopa and tronester like this.
  10. I would make an imperial oatmeal breakfast stout brewed with the coffee beans that come out of civet cat poop. Then I would bottle it in a dead animal carcas. The fur of the animal carcas would turn blue when the beer was cold so you always know if you are drinking it at optimal temperature.....I would also triple hop it.
  11. crossovert

crossovert Champion (765) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

Sour beer with yeast collected from a porta potty with extra acid added fermented open in a sewer with rotten wood chips then bottled in a tequila bottle with a goat penis at the bottom and left out to skunk in the sun for 90 days.
    jthahn and bebbcorp like this.
  12. Although this isnt very "extreme", I have always wanted a mass produced ipa that is brewed with chinotto. I love Campari and the flavor profile lends itslef well to ipa's. The ones I have made at home taste great and I wonder why I havent seen a real brewery ever make one.
  13. A sour brown ale that is sweet like milk chocolate to start and finishers with just the slightest hint of or sour. Something like New Belgium's Clutch but more bold.
    smchenry75 likes this.
  14. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Savant (420) California Mar 22, 2011

I did a huge batch of Galaxy/Nelson/Pacifica Wheatwine, part of which is sitting in a 15 gal cab barrel as we speak... pretty close :)
  15. If you figure out how to do that please share that informtion!

I would recommend you for the Nobel Prize!:D

Cheers!
  16. VikeMan

VikeMan Advocate (740) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

I would brew an ordinary bitter. With english hops.
    tronester and barfdiggs like this.
  17. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Goddamn, I want me som'a that! I love a good wheatwine, I think it's an underappreciated and not-well-understood style of beer. Brooklyn's The Companion is still one of my highest-rated beers, and the one that earned my highest margin of positive deviation :)
  18. barfdiggs

You're a badass. EKG, Fuggles, Brewer's Gold?
    tronester likes this.
  19. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Champion (780) Texas May 21, 2010

I think brewdog beat you to it. :eek:
  20. AlCaponeJunior

That sounds heavenly. PM me if you want to make some sort of trade when it's ready. :cool:
  21. AlCaponeJunior

I'd brew a blend of a Flanders red with a fruit beer from hell... with enough cherries to clog the Hoover dam, and enough raspberries to stop the Mississippi. It'd be a cross between a Flanders red, New Glarus raspberry tart, New Glarus Belgian red, with a smidge of Fort.

This beer would go all the way to 11, score a 51 on the judge's card, and all the hottest chicks would think it was nectar of the Gods. Then I'd put my picture on the bottle and live out the rest of my life in luxury, driving fast cars and hanging out with Hugh in bunny-land. :cool:
    LostTraveler likes this.
  22. barfdiggs

Will do. If you're my target in the Homebrew It Forward, I'll definitely include the non-BA one since I have a couple bottles of it left in the fridge.
    KzooBeerBrian likes this.
  23. AlCaponeJunior

Sweet man! Yeah I'm kind of an "always open" type of trader, with a "no rush" policy, so always keep me in mind when things are looking like a trade might be in order.
  24. scurvy311

scurvy311 Savant (355) Louisiana Dec 3, 2005

This is great, but I would swap a civet for Kimbo Slice. I think that would up the "extreme" aspect of it. And maybe pair it with a bottle designed for optimum pourability.
  25. + one for your avatar being Corgis
    barfdiggs likes this.
  26. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

KtG has port aged oak in it. Definitely an underused oak treatment.
  27. 2 years ago i made a Banana Chocolate Creme Stout aged in oak... came out absolutely amazing.. only wish i was writing down recipies at the time..
  28. I would get a couple different lambics straight from there barrelsin Belgium, then blend them together with a some young fresh beer. Oh wait, I've done that and it's awesome. Next up, M clone.
  29. Hey everyone, look at this badass.
  30. This...holy crap my mouth is salivating just from reading that!