1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Your favorite Dogfish Head beers.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bradystraps, Apr 6, 2013.

1. MisSigsFan

MisSigsFan Member

IBA and 60. Those and the Chicory Stout are the only ones I've had so far, and I was pretty disappointed by Chicory. IBA is probably one of my favorite beers though, and 60 is great too, but I much prefer West Coast IPAs over East.
  2. dar482

dar482 Member

I can't wait for My Antonia to come back out. I have yet to have an Imperial Pilsner and love regular Pilsners. The bottles I see around are from 2012 and I'd imagine that since it's supposed to be so hoppy, I should just wait until the next batch comes out.

It's a winter beer?
  3. MastaShonuf

MastaShonuf Member

Miles Davis Bitches Brew...that's the one right there
    WassailWilly likes this.
  4. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Member

To this point, 90 minute is the only one I have truly enjoyed.
  5. BrausBeforeHaus

BrausBeforeHaus Member

Top 5 in order of preference-
    120 minute: Has a quality that is almost spirit-esque...it is on its own level and cannot be matched (to me) by any normal brew.
    90 minute: A great brew that is striking initially but is very well balanced.
    Palo Santo Marron: A wild card of a beer that is perfect for a spontaneous night.
    Raison de ĂȘtre: Wow. Somebody please give me some good steak or lamb to pair with this.
    Immort Ale: Again a strong brew with a unique finish. Sign me up...
  6. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Member

Nope, it is March/April. All I see in MD are 2011 and 2012. I was at the brewery like 3 weeks ago and meant to pick up a fresh one. However, I passed because I figured I would remember to try it at the brewpub, but I forgot since I had their 10 other brewpub exclusives as a sampler with friends. UGH!
  7. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Member

All I need to try now is Black & Blue, Red & White, Festina Peche and My Antonia. Then, there is the Brand X and American Beauty. Also, I would like to try a longer aged WWS. Olde School BW (fresh) kept me away from BWs for the longest time, so I would like to try one that has actually been buried in a forest for years. Also, I would like to try some aged Palo Santo, BB, and Immort. Their Bruery collab is at my local place still for $26, but I figure it is past its prime. Though there is that new British collab they are doing.

Midas Touch got me into craft beer!
  8. Lutter

Lutter Member

120 Minute IPA, Bitches Brew, Fort, Squall IPA, Punkin Ale.

I wish they'd bring back Squall. That was one of the best IPAs I've ever had.

I used to drink a lot of Raison D'Etre when I was in college, but I can't stand the taste now for some reason.

Also, apparently I'm one of the few Texans that digs 120, because it sits and sits around here.
  9. alexgmoney

alexgmoney Member

I really enjoy their Immort Ale, Urkontinent, and Punkin... Can't go wrong with any of the IPA's, 90min is a go to at most bars.
  10. HattedClassic

HattedClassic Member

I always found it weird that the 60 minute tasted significantly different on tap than in the bottle.
  11. HattedClassic

HattedClassic Member

MY top three are the Burton, 120, and Bitches Brew.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

Damn, 0 for 15?

That's pretty harsh. I wanted to get a sample of beers that you did like but you don't have anything listed in your profile.
  13. Kadonny

Kadonny Member

Not much love for the Chicory Stout, huh. I personally enjoy the hell out of that beer. Not overly complex, but easy drinking with some nice smoke flavors to it.

My favorites though have to be 60 Minute, Burton Baton, 75 Minute and Festina Peche.
  14. Big_V

Big_V Member

60, 90, Indian brown ale all great. Yet to try 120.
  15. Jonbw

Jonbw Member

so far urkontinent and chicory.. I still have a 75 minute ipa and robert johnson hellhound on my ale yet to try
  16. jbertsch

jbertsch Member

I like many/most. But my favs are:

Bitches Brew
    My Antoina
    Sah'tea
  17. GodlessWatermelon

GodlessWatermelon Member

For their regular everyday offerings, Indian Brown Ale, Palo Santo, and 60/90 Minute do it for me. As for limited/seasonals I do fancy an Olde School.
  18. zac16125

zac16125 Member

Although my favorite DFH beer is probably 120min, I do what to give some love to Midas Touch. I know it takes a lot of shit from people, but I think its really a good beer. Pairs well with tons of different food options too, IMO. I also like Theobroma a lot, just cause its so unique.
  19. zac16125

zac16125 Member

Oh, and Aprihop is by far the worst DFH beer Ive had.
  20. HipsterBrewfus

HipsterBrewfus Member

I'm not a giant DFH fan, I like the 60, 90, and 120, but don't think they are anything amazing. The 75 is probably one of my favorite beers they have. Theobroma was disgusting to me (but I have another bottle and im willing to give it another shot), and Rhizing and Noble Rot were both totally underwhelming.

With that said, Ill be heading up there in September for my birthday for the tour, because I hear its a great tour. I don't hate their beers, just the ones ive tried haven't WOW'd me. And some just didnt do anything for me
  21. RankRefugee88

RankRefugee88 Member

Bitches Brew
    ressling likes this.
  22. ressling

ressling Member

Burton Baton for sure. Punkin Ale is pretty good too, but I can only stand to drink it during Oct/Nov for whatever reason :)
  23. dcsundevil2002

dcsundevil2002 Member

75, 90, Punk.

I tend to order 75 while at one of the ale houses. I feel it goes down well while enjoying the food.
  24. ramblinwreck101

ramblinwreck101 Member

I gotta say burton baton
    Aprihop on a sunny day going fishing
  25. johncosta60

johncosta60 Member

Personally a big fan of noble rot, wws, black and blue, and red and white. Not a fan of their ancient ales.
  26. Bradystraps

Bradystraps Member

Well, I drank both the 90 and BB in record time and find myself craving both again. But first, I will try 120 this week and drink my first 6 of Zombie Dust. It's going to be a good weekend!
  27. SaintJonah

SaintJonah Member

Bitches Brew and Palo are easily my favorites. But I like most of their beers that I've tried.
  28. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

Bitches Brew
    WWS
    Squall
    Sah'tea
    BLACKENEDPLAGUE likes this.
  29. Mediczod

Mediczod Member

I just picked up a couple of 75's that are now sitting in my cellar to get some age on them. First time I've seen them in my area.
  30. Bobheed

Bobheed Member

Fort
    WWS
    Squall
    Burton Baton
    Aprihop(although this year's tastes a bit different than what I remember)
    Festina Peche
    Palo Santo
    Chateau Jiahu
    Midas Touch
    Noble Rot
    aged 120

Long story short, I love the shit out of Dogfish Head. There's others I like quite a bit as well, only a few I actually dislike (Ta Henket being #1 in that category)
  31. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Member

Finally someone said Fort easily the best thing they make if the rest of you dont like it feel free to send me all of your unloved bottles
  32. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Member

My Antonia isn't getting a lot of love on here. Thought it was awesome on tap. Also Aprihop is delicious as well as the minutes. DFH makes a bunch of great beers IMO.
  33. Brewski

Brewski Member

Bitches Brew and the Punkin Ale! Two of my favorites from DFH.
  34. bclemens

bclemens Member

Gotta go with Bitches Brew and 75 minute...Bitches Brew is one of my all time favs
  35. Beerverage

Beerverage Member

Had an 08 fort last night and it was amazing.
  36. Jeffreysan

Jeffreysan Member

Raison D'Etre, Midas Touch, Punk, and even though i don't like IPAs, 60 Minute is really good too!
  37. Zer0p0intZer0

Zer0p0intZer0 Member

Palo Santo Maron
  38. timkrug23

timkrug23 Member

Hellhound On My Ale and Squall
  39. Genuine

Genuine Member

WWS, 90 Min, Punkin Ale and 75 minute are absolutely amazing
  40. Mersh

Mersh Member

Dogfish is up there with one of my favorite brewers because they go beyond the norm. That being said. 90 min is my favorite and Burton Baton. I have a 120 aging that I have still yet to touch.