1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your favorite Dogfish Head beers.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bradystraps, Apr 6, 2013.

1. BlakeAM

BlakeAM Savant (260) Illinois Nov 6, 2011

actually haven't tried it, since I wasn't a fan of their other grape musty beers. is it worth checking out?

2. 75 Minute
    Burton Baton

Kadonny likes this.
  3. 120, palo santo,90, brown ale,punkin,this list could go on forever....The bombers can be hit or miss but..gotta try'em at least once

4. The new 61 is def. not on my list...

5. spitshaded

spitshaded Savant (335) Virginia Nov 12, 2012

I love Burton Baton & Bitches Brew. I actually enjoyed the SixtyOne too (thought it was different, but good on a warm night). I have a bottle each of the Palo Santo, 120min, & Immort Ale to try soon too.
    I'm also one of the guys that didn't get any maple at all from the bottle of 75min I had.

6. Palo Santo, Burton, Olde School, 120 WWS and Punkin

7. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

BLACKENEDPLAGUE Savant (345) Ohio Apr 10, 2013

Gotta say, I'm a fanboy. I saw their ill-fated TV show when I was 20 and was like "that's gonna be my first beer." And sure enough I had a Midas Touch and loved it (too complex at the time to fully appreciate though) and then a 90-Minute, then a 60-Minute, etc. Today they aren't my favorite but they hold a place my heart for being the gateway and doing stuff that others won't. Not to mention their logo is iconic

8. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Initiate (0) Michigan Feb 16, 2013

Just looked at their brewing schedule on their website. I cant understand why their making 120 3x this year while not making Fort wish theyd release Fort instead of 120 in June.

9. 120 min, Estru Ca

10. bobhits

bobhits Savant (455) Kentucky Oct 31, 2006

No...it is imo better than those two but not by any means a big enough step up.

11. BlakeAM

BlakeAM Savant (260) Illinois Nov 6, 2011

word, will steer clear

12. an email response from DFH. I opened my 18 month cellared Squall and felt the need to communicate my enjoyment and sadness of it being my last.

13. GuzzLah

GuzzLah Savant (445) Illinois Mar 2, 2013

Bring back Golden Shower.

[​IMG]

Ace_of_Suds and qchic like this.
  14. Squall, Raison d'Extra, Palo Santo, Bitches Brew, BB.

15. 75 was by-far the best to me... I really like 120 but, 75 is awesome!

C2H5 likes this.
  16. I still need to try 120 and Palo Santo. Drinking 90 now...... again.... and again.

17. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

BLACKENEDPLAGUE Savant (345) Ohio Apr 10, 2013

Bombers of 90? Make it happen Sam

18. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (315) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

I just tapped a keg of 60 today, my third in the last 7 months. I'd have to say I'm a fan. I also like Aprihop and Festina Peche.

19. 1. Bitches Brew
    2. Palo Santo
    3. Burton Baton
    4. Olde School
    5. 90 Minute

smellandsip37 likes this.
  20. 60 Minute IPA. Always wonderfully hoppy when I drink it. Sure there are better American IPAs out there (including some by Dogfish Head) but 60 Min. is basically my ol' reliable when it comes to IPAs.

21. 120 minute (in no particular order)
    75 minute
    90 minute
    60 minute
    Burton Baton
    Palo Santo
    Squall
    Immort
    WWS
    Brown Ale
    Punkin

I like many of their offerings though 75 minute and Burton Baton are my absolute favorites. I have a bottle of Hellhound that I will open tonight and try for the first time.

22. darksunshaman

darksunshaman Aficionado (145) Ohio Jan 27, 2013

23. In order of preference:
    1) Palo Santo Marron
    2) 90 minute
    3) Theobroma
    4) Miles Davis Bitches Brew
    5) 75 minute
    6) Burton Baton
    7) World Wide Stout
    8) Punkin Ale
    9) 60 minute

24. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I think Dogfish Head is hit or miss (with me anyhow), but there are a few of their beers that I really love.

Palo Santo Marron is probably my favorite, I also really like: 75 Minute IPA, Burton Baton, Noble Rot and Immort Ale. Have not gotten to try World Wide Stout, 120 Minute IPA, and Olde School. (buddies getting those in a trade so I will soon! :))

brureview likes this.
  25. nootch23

nootch23 Savant (340) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2012

Some of my faves are Red & White, 60 and 90 Minute and I really enjoyed Fort, despite how fruity it is.

26. Festina Peché. Thank you DFH, I wish there were more brewers willing to take on berlinerwiess(especially on the scale that DFH does).

Kadonny likes this.
  27. I think I answered in this thread already, if not:

60 Minute
    Burton Baton
    75 Minute
    Festina Peche.

smellandsip37 likes this.
  28. So I see people aging the 75 and 120; what about aging a 60? Anyone done it?

29. Evileye68

Evileye68 Disciple (70) Connecticut Mar 29, 2013

90min is one of my goto beers..
    love love love the Hellhound on my Ale, very drinkable

30. pinnser

pinnser Savant (270) Colorado Nov 2, 2012

90min, Burton Baton and Bitches Brew are all classics. Would drink them daily.

As for DFH as a whole, love them or hate them, you have to respect them. They have been and continue to do things in the brewing world that no one else is either smart enough to think of or ballsy enough to try. I'd sit and have a beer and stogie with ole Sam any day of the week.

spitshaded and DruRho like this.
  31. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (315) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

Replying to myself, order in for a log of Festina.

32. Palo is always great, a solid choice. could drink 60 all day, but for me nothing beats an aged 120 or WWS...can't wait to see how this years releases hold up after aging...I imagine they will be great as alawys......Big fan...

33. GuzzLah

GuzzLah Savant (445) Illinois Mar 2, 2013

His boozy beers are full of fusels and his hoppy beers are too malty, but I guess I liked 75 minute the best.

34. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (715) California Dec 15, 2012

The two I enjoyed were World Wide Stout and 120 Minute IPA. The 120 Minute IPA was an interesting one, didn't really taste like an IPA, more sweet quad-ish beer.

richj1970 and carlitos92 like this.
  35. carlitos92

carlitos92 Savant (330) Texas Jul 12, 2012

^ That. Though I also love Bitches Brew, Palo Santo, Indian Brown, and a slew of others, including the grapey ones. My DFH treasure/garbage ratio is probably something like 80/20. Good on them.

brureview likes this.
  36. Indian Brown is some tasty shit.

blindpiggie, RyanOooh, ESeab and 7 others like this.
  37. Mikecap

Mikecap Advocate (705) Rhode Island May 18, 2012

120 was great the one time I had it, as was Immort Ale. I also love Burton Baton and Raison D'Etre. Festina Peche is a great berliner as well, and Palo Santo Marron is solid.

richj1970 likes this.
  38. Jim-A

Jim-A Aficionado (120) Colorado Aug 22, 2013

Burton Baton & Indian brown are pretty much the only DFH of any value......

Beeelander likes this.
  39. Aged Palo Santo is hard to beat.

Ri0, brureview, DemoniChris and 3 others like this.
  40. Prh27

Prh27 Savant (310) Virginia Apr 24, 2012

90 minute fresh. Palo Santo, Olde School, and 120 with age on them.

I love 75, but the price deters me from buying them more than once in a blue moon.

Shroud0fdoom likes this.