Your favorite Dogfish Head beers.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bradystraps, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Benish

Benish Advocate (520) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2013

Palo Santo is incredible. Happy to try this since DFH is not yet distribute in WI. 90 Minute is what got me wanting to try more and more beers in general.

2. I've had Faithfull (7%, a one-time release, with 2 years on it), My Antonia (7.5%, 1 year on it), Noble Rot (9%, only had fresh, been out for almost 2 years now though), PC (10%, only had fresh, been out for a year and a half), and Theobroma (9%, had with about a year on it I believe). I enjoyed My Antonia (very malty) and Theobroma (still a good bit of chocolate and spice). Faithfull did not hold up, but I haven't had it fresh. I wasn't a huge Noble Rot or PC fan fresh (despite my love of cider). They were good, but I have no idea how they will hold up with age. Personally, I wouldn't age them, but if you got the money then go ahead, I mean they have the ABV to last a bit.

Dogfish got me into craft so I have tried all the ones released since 2011 in bottles (except Pangaea, saw bottles just by the time I went to try it they were gone :(). Try to get most of the 750s fresh (Fort & Raison D'Extra are the exceptions). I did enjoy Squall though with 2 years on it, it was just a huge malt bomb, quite refreshing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    thatoneguymike likes this.
  3. Thanks Gilla, and all others are more than welcome to comment...I live in a college town, so I'd guess that's why they get practically release DFH does, but they. don't. sell. here. Too much Natty to buy and whatnot. So they sit and sit. But all this conversation has piqued my interest :D

4. Worldwide Stout, 120 Minute, 75 Minute, and My Antonia

5. TBH DFH sits at most places unless there is someone that truly loves DFH nearby and even then, they usually just scoop up their favorites. The only stuff that doesn't sit is: WWS, 120, Immort, Olde School, Fort (retired but still around at some places) and Palo Santo (to a lesser degree since it is year-round). These all coincide with being the best DFH beers to age.

I don't know about Raison D'Extra but it is coming back out next year, so we will see how it does on the shelves, since it was retired before I was into beer. However, I expect it went pretty fast before it was retired.

RyanOooh likes this.
  6. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

Burton Baton and 120 might be my favorites. Palo Santo is up there too.

7. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Savant (405) Texas Oct 15, 2006

I think that was a reference to their new embossed bottles.

gillagorilla likes this.
  8. RyanOooh

RyanOooh Savant (310) Vermont Nov 25, 2013

Chicory stout doesn't sit.

Indian brown
    90, 75, 60m
    Chicory stout

Haven't had the pils yet

9. 90
    Etrusca
    Theobroma
    Burton

10. WelshBrewer

WelshBrewer Savant (295) Oregon Mar 17, 2013

Palo Santo!!

11. chuckv

chuckv Savant (300) Pennsylvania Apr 19, 2013

I agree with you I have some 2011 sitting around and it's great I like it better aged then fresh

12. Goodness, Theobroma may be the worst tasting thing to hit my mouth.

13. Olde School Barleywine, fer sher.

14. WTKeene

WTKeene Advocate (580) Texas Jul 13, 2013

90 minute and Festina Peche, definitely.

15. pep

pep Savant (400) Pennsylvania Jun 3, 2012

I mean their new bottle design. wait piercing pils is out? i gotta go find that. oh and i love their pumpkin one.

16. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

Immort Ale. One of the best beers anywhere, I will miss it greatly when it is gone.

17. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Palo Santo Marron is a terrific, terrific beer. Love it.
    90 Minute IPA is still one of my favorite IPA's. 60's not bad, too.
    Burton Baton is good, although I think GD's Rumble is better and cheaper.
    Indian Brown Ale is nice, but one I haven't had in a while.

18. Beerswag

Beerswag Savant (300) California Jan 16, 2013

Immort Ale
    Positive Contact
    Palo Santo

19. jcos

jcos Aficionado (240) Maryland Nov 23, 2009

Raison D'Etre! - I recently bought a case as it's being temporarily discontinued.
    90 Minute
    My Antonia
    Burton Baton
    Palo Santo
    India Brown Ale(underrated)