1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your favorite glassware

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by TKEbeerman, Feb 21, 2013.

1. TKEbeerman

TKEbeerman Savant (355) Florida Jun 6, 2009

Everyone has their go-to glassware. What influences your choice of favorite glassware? Is it branding on the glass from your favorite brewery? Rarity of the glass? Functionality of the glass?

For me its functionality. I wasn't a believer in the SA Perfect Pint. A friend of mine gave me a glass for free, and their is a noticable difference that I get when drinking, even across many different styles. The glass could say Big Flats on it, but I'd still love it.
    Prh27 likes this.
  2. Belial

Belial Aficionado (205) Illinois Aug 9, 2005

not sure what my favorite is because that depends on beer style but my most used glass is the samuel smith pint glass. so maybe that is my favorite? i once had one crack in my dishwasher and bought a replacement within an hour. yeah thats my favorite glass
  3. mporter13

mporter13 Aficionado (170) Oregon Jul 13, 2011

Deschutes snifter. I just think it looks cool...
  4. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

My mikkeller teku I just got today!!
    4kbrianb likes this.
  5. Prh27

Prh27 Savant (310) Virginia Apr 24, 2012

Bought a Perfect Pint a couple months ago and have been a believer ever since. That said, I still use my Delirium Tremens snifter for sours and CBS snifter for big stouts.
    TKEbeerman likes this.
  6. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (850) Texas Aug 15, 2010

I cherish my Guinness goblet. Also for functionality. Also a big fan of my EKU 28 snifter.
  7. SA Perfect Pint is the go to.
  8. It's gotta be the boot.

There's really not a better glass out there.
  9. My favorite is probably my Three Floyds teku, but it rarely gets used because I'm afraid I'll break it.

Depending on what I'm drinking, DFH(stouts) tulip or the SA perfect pint glass(anything other than stouts) are used most often.
  10. Hill Farmstead 12 oz stems
    omniscientcause likes this.
  11. ucfalum08

ucfalum08 Aficionado (180) Florida Jan 20, 2013

I use my Spiegelau tulip the most often. If I'm not having a big beer then SA.
  12. Corsendonk tulip.
  13. weatherdog

weatherdog Savant (470) Illinois Nov 7, 2007

I refuse to drink a beer until I have matching glassware. It just doesn't taste right, and it ruins all my instagram photos.
  14. Masskrug for Munich Helles, Seidla/Steinkrug for Kellerbier, Willibecher for Rauchbier, Weizen glass for Weizen, Stange for Koelsch, Altbierbecher for Alt, whichever brand glass for the brand of Belgian I've ordered, lined pint glass for cask ale, dimpled mug for Czech pils, etc., etc., etc.
    mjtierney2 likes this.
  15. Before it broke, it was a Duvel tulip. I threw just about everything into that glass.
    powpig2002, Shagator and decimator like this.
  16. I like the idea of SA's Perfect pint glass.....but I refuse to buy it because it has Sam Adams on it. After living with two people from Boston during college I can't even stand the sight of anything Sam Adams.
  17. Bitter_Echo

Bitter_Echo Savant (400) Michigan Apr 13, 2012

Lately, everything goes into to my Great Great Grandfather's (Hans'!) beer glass.
    Actually posted about this in the past, but clarified recently that it probably was used
    around 1880-1920, and for beer only! Hans holds just over 12 oz, and is simple and old and scuffedand scratched from years of use (looks like it already delivered a million gallons!).
    It was said that his beer had to be in this glass. I'm just moving forward this tradition, I guess.
    Works great, and really allows the beer to express itself. What could be better?
    BetterBeerPlz likes this.
  18. My brother-in-law gave me a beer mug he got while in Germany in the Marines. I like to enjoy my favorite beers from it, even if it is the wrong glassware.
  19. the offero
  20. [​IMG]
    My abstrakt snifter from BrewDog. My craft beer hobby took off while I lived in the UK, and this was one of the first pieces of glassware I purchased. Hope I don't break it.
  21. Groomsy

Groomsy Savant (350) Kentucky Sep 23, 2010

Before it broke, I too was an advocate of the SA Perfect Pint. Gotta order a new one. :(

I also had (R.I.P. - why do all of my good glasses break?!) a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale snifter that I really enjoyed.

Nowadays, I just go with a nonic.
  22. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (290) Florida May 16, 2011

i got a New belgium snifter in atlanta this past thanksgiving and i love it. it is 16 oz so when i pour a 12 oz beer it allows for the extra room for the head to get to its appropriat level. i usethat one very often especially for porters and stouts...

my buddy gave me a case of terrapin 16 oz masonjar glasses that i love to drink my session beers in. its easy to grab and hold and is pretty cool looking glass. i frequently send that one as an extra as the cherry on top of the trade.
  23. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (215) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

Watch for gift packs and replace it--four bottles of Duvel and a glass are barely more expensive than four bottles of Duvel, and there's nothing better in a Duvel glass than Duvel.
    Droogins likes this.
  24. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

I like my Surly Darkness snifter and a few other glasses, but I agree with the others here and most of the time I go for the Sam Adams perfect pint. Gives good odor, feels right to drink out of, and easy to hold.
  25. HF Stemware
    Lost Abbey Rastal Teku
    Crooked Stave Reserve stemware
  26. My Think Geek pint. I admit it, I'm a geek. But it's also a nice, heavy glass and I don't feel like I'm going to break it every time I touch it.[​IMG]
    darky likes this.
  27. definitely functionality. i find that a snifter works great for just about any beer, especially those big beers with an aromatic nose... your basic snifter holds a 12oz pour with a good amount of leftover room so you can get your schnoze in there and whiff the aroma which the glass captures.

FWIW i never really got the appeal of the SA perfect pint.
  28. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Duvel tulip for almost everything, over sized Christian Bros snifter for the occasional bomber of whatever I take down, and the occasional Lakefront pint glass (have a million of them).
  29. Without doubt this:
    [​IMG]
    TX-Badger, kevanb and JimDH like this.
  30. Eduk8traz

Eduk8traz Aficionado (185) Arizona Nov 13, 2010

Depends on the style, but I guess my Duvel tulip is my go to.
  31. dan027

dan027 Savant (330) Pennsylvania Mar 28, 2011

Go to Chili's or Applebees, order a Sam Adams and just take the glass home with you. You can scratch the name off if necessary, the glass is fantastic. Other than that one, my Mad Elf tulip
  32. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

I just got the new DFH IPA glass. I like it a lot, but it is very thin and Im afraid I will break it if I use it too much. My go to is a Piraat tulip, which was the first glass I bought when I got into craft beer.
  33. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (325) Florida Jan 26, 2012

duvel tulip
  34. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

1. Teku
    2. Duvel Tulip
    3. Snifter
  35. Yep. I've been on the lookout ever since.
  36. This was my favorite glass for the longest time. Used to put everything into it
    [​IMG]
    And then my dumbass dropped it while washing it two days ago... WTF!
  37. Lot's of cool Duvel collection edition glasses on ebay.
  38. As luck would have it, I just found a gift brick right around the corner from a bottle of Barrel Aged Human Blockhead, which is something I wasn't counting on ever seeing. I've gasped audibly in stores before, but never twice in one trip.
    HokiesandBeer likes this.
  39. My Founders snifter. I have a pair of glasses from each of my favorite breweries, but I find myself picking that one the most often.