1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your friendly ABR reminder

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by hoeg0015, Jul 12, 2012.

1. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

REDEMPTION!!!!

laymansbeerfan and minnesotaryan like this.
  2. Success!

3. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Advocate (535) Minnesota May 11, 2007

Yeah, WTF!!! The early sale seems to have really screwed me up this year.

4. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Its never sold out anywhere near this fast before. Thats 'Winterfest fast'.

5. I got a server error after I selected the number of tickets but I was able to go back and select the number again and get tickets.

6. mnstorm99

Most of the tickets must have been sold to all the "special" people in the earlier sale that was virtually unknown. Pisses me off!!!

7. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (780) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Success, got my tix on round two. My hands were shaking while typing in my cc info haha.

8. yep, sold out.

9. wuuin

wuuin Aficionado (185) Minnesota May 16, 2007

phew, those went quick!

glad I got the tickets I needed this go around.

10. mjryan

mjryan Savant (480) Minnesota Dec 22, 2007

I think they sold half the first round and half this round.

11. Yulles

Yulles Savant (305) Minnesota Apr 12, 2009

Totally spaced on this today, anyone with an extra, I'm looking for 1 for a buddy.

12. I have never had a problem getting tickets to these things but I never buy more then one at a time. That may be the idea for these crazy ticket sales, just try to get your one.

13. As the event gets more and more popular, I wonder if they will consider switching to a larger venue to accommodate more people. I do love the Grain Belt Brewery though...

14. dandykins

dandykins Zealot (85) Minnesota Dec 28, 2009

Knock on wood, but that actually went fairly smoothly. I was able to get in not once but twice (I went for another ticket for a friend, but then released it before purchase since that friend already bought one themselves.) Another technological tip - those internet ticketing sites seem largely built for Internet Explorer. Sometimes they don't work as smoothly on Firefox or Chrome.

By comparison, Winterfest I was on top of the ctrl-F5 refresh button, and still wasn't able to get one.

15. Tolann

Tolann Savant (350) Colorado Jul 9, 2007

Isn't that what Surly is supposed to be building? Something that would include a larger venue for events sorta like this?

I got my tix the first round. I don't think my friends got their tix tho.

Hey, at least this wasn't a total fiasco like the ticket sales for AHA/BA member pre sales for GABF. yeesh.

16. Just to stir the pot I figure I will show everyone what I found already. It went up 45 minutes after the sale started. I never remembered this being the "most coveted beer fest", I think that award goes to Winterfest. Let the hatred begin.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/tix/3177128460.html

17. DoctorRock

DoctorRock Savant (305) Minnesota May 13, 2010

I enjoy them both, but I think ABR crushes Winterfest as far as selection goes. Just my opinion

18. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Whats to say the guy doesnt just make copies of the tickets and resell them about fifty times? I wondered this with the winterfest tickets as well. First person in with said ticket is good to go, all others with the same tickets are skay-rewed.

19. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Wow. No joy here. WTF. Been going for years, if anyone has two extra tickets, please, hit me up.

20. dandykins

How does the capacity of the Grain Belt facility compare to the International Bazaar at the fairgrounds? I think the facility was the best part of St. Paul Summer Beerfest, myself. It was perfect.

21. mnstorm99

I love the ABR facility, but have not been to SPSBF to have a comparison. ABR is five blocks from home, so that is also a huge plus for me...if I make it.

22. dandykins

The International Bazaar is partially covered but still very much open/outdoors, has a stage, built-in food vendors and there's "spillover" space in a grassy area outside for additional brewers - a pretty big contrast to a huge parking lot (as cool as the building next to the parking lot is.) It was a pretty sweet setup.

(ETA And real bathrooms. Not portapotties. Designed for state fair crowds so bathroom facilities are pretty large.)

But of course it's very hard to compete with "five blocks from home" ; )

23. I'm stirring the pot even more. I sent a message to the guy/gal. Doubt I'll get a response...

I'll give you $45 a piece for the 2 tickets (total $90). That covers the original price of $40 and $4 fee that you paid tempo tickets.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/tix/3177128460.html

24. via craigslist

2 Tickets to ABR Autumn Brew Review Beer Fest, Sat. Sept. 15th, 1-5pm at the Grain Belt Brewery. Tickets in hand.

Best offer. Better be VERY good offer or don't bother...event sold out in 5 minutes!

25. DoctorRock

Ben - stop plugging your craigslist posts...:eek:

26. I only want GOOD offers!!!

DoctorRock likes this.
  27. DoctorRock

Check that - VERY good offers, or don't bother! lol

mothman likes this.
  28. aliving1

aliving1 Savant (275) Minnesota Aug 3, 2011

I was at work and tried to get tickets on my phone and failed. There's always next year.

29. So I'm volunteering at ABR again this year. You sign up through Finnegans online and the 11am to 3pm shift filled up in 20 minutes from when it was posted. This is madness!