1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your Go-To Glass?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by milo_leon, Jan 16, 2013.

1. milo_leon

milo_leon Aficionado (100) New York Aug 25, 2012

Gents-

Was talking with my mates a few weeks ago about glassware and we all have our go-to glass for drinking beer. One of my friend loves his Jester King tulip, another his Crooked Stave tulip glass.

Mine would be the Avery tulip. It's fairly small imo which helps me space out my sipping and I think it looks freaking badass.

[​IMG]

I do have one of those craft beer glass set (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PKHD9U/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00) that I will use for specific styles like Hefes and Pilsners, but haven't bought any of those styles yet so have been using my tulip for stouts, IPAs, quads, and other Belgium ales.

What is your go-to beer glass?

dsal89 likes this.
  2. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (580) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

i have like 3 different style glasses including a nice ass FFF teku, but honestly my la fin du monde tulip seems to make beers taste way better.

dsal89 likes this.
  3. Tee2Grn

Tee2Grn Savant (350) Michigan Nov 6, 2012

My Founders snifter is my go to glass

4. I have 3 Duvel Tulips that I use, then I bought this one from a Thrift shop that's like a snifter with a thicker stem, but the stem is hollow. I've been using that a bit too, as the Tulip is that big it'll hold most bottles and I don't want to hammer them all down in one sitting

5. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

I honestly cannot pick one. I rotate all my glasses pretty much. For reviews i stick with my ffounders tulip/snifter

6. YETI Tulip

7. I love drinking IPAs out of my Goose Island Imperial Pint glass otherwise I have to use my oversized Duvel tulip.

[​IMG]

8. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

For the longest time, my Duvel tulip was my go-to. A couple of years ago I picked up a couple of Dogfish Head signature glasses and used them more or less exclusively. Then, about a year ago now, Beer & Whiskey Bros. turned me on to Spiegelau glassware, and now I'm all about my Spiegelau tulips...absolutely love 'em!

Squidly likes this.
  9. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

my nitro milk stout glasses. I love them because they're the perfect size, and are etched w/o color so I can toss them in the dishwasher. That being said, I also love my hoffbrauhaus 0.5L pilsner glasses for water... ok fine, and cocktails... just because of the large volume...
    [​IMG]

10. legend8706

legend8706 Savant (335) Virginia Oct 31, 2012

My Bruery tulip! Such a nice glass and a great size, too!

psuKinger and chugalug06 like this.
  11. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (950) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

My Piraat snifter

12. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I love that KtG snifter...yet I never seem to use it lol.

13. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

I use my Brooklyn Tulip Pint and Samuel Adams Winter Lager Mini-Nonic most. Actually, I use my no-brand Willi glass more than both of those.

I loathe the growing trend of wine beer glasses, ala Hill Farmstead

14. For something new or fancy it's a Cascade stemmed globe for sours, Bruery tulip for most everything else. IPA's and locals usually end up in a shaker pint.

When I'm watching Game of Thrones, I always bust out the massive, heavy Rogue XS goblet. Just seems to pair nicely. ;)

Rymar9 and dbossman like this.
  15. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

Great Lakes snifter gets alot of use..

Tedwarhc likes this.
  16. I have that same glass set, and I just picked up one of these:

[​IMG]

Looking forward to using it; saving my Great Divide Yeti specifically for it.

beerserks, mountup83 and fujindemon74 like this.
  17. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Savant (260) Illinois Apr 4, 2007

18. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

that's a badass snifter. want one

Steve_Oldrati likes this.
  19. Founders Snifter

20. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (295) California Apr 27, 2011

ant880 likes this.
  21. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (295) California Apr 27, 2011

i had someone send me a 50/50 snifter as an extra prob would of used it a lot except it broke in transit damn it all to hell

22. Bought this & the GD Icon snifter recently myself...both have gotten a ton of use lately between my wife and myself.

23. Sam Adams Perfect Pint is the only one that I own, sadly. It gets the job done pretty well, though. I want an FFF Teku glass, and that HF glass looks sexy as Hell.

24. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

I couldn't agree more. I have that snifter, and its always in use.

25. My Duvel beer tulip (that was given out at a Belgian beer and food tasting event) when I am having a high ABV sipper. And I like the Sam Adams custom pint glass when I am having some lower ABV beer as my beverage with dinner.[​IMG]

26. The St. Bernardus goblet a few posts up is my go to as well.

27. I usually drink out of the class....of glass....

[​IMG]

28. og dogfish snifter, so massive

29. fx20736

fx20736 Advocate (510) New York Mar 7, 2009

most of the time I use this:
    [​IMG]

forrestbetts likes this.
  30. diesel59

diesel59 Savant (400) New York Jan 3, 2012

that all depends.......if its a wicked good IPA or barleywine etc... i go for the snifter... if its kolsch or helles lager a nice tall mug suits me... pilsner.. well thats an easy one... stouts.. usually a guinness glass... it all depends...

31. tennispl

tennispl Initiate (0) Washington Dec 28, 2012

DFH Snifter, love the 16 oz size.

32. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

33. LSUPT

LSUPT Initiate (0) California Feb 3, 2011

Duvel green tulip. Slightly smaller than the standard. Perfect for nearly everything that doesn't require a snifter
    [​IMG]

34. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

Duvel

WebGuyMike likes this.
  35. DFH Signature glass for IPA's and Belgian's, Bruery Tulip for Stouts and Barleywines.

36. ant880

ant880 Advocate (635) New York Nov 7, 2010

I use those glasses every time I go to my parents house to visit. My dad and I got them in a holiday set (maybe around 2003?) that Michelob put together with 2 glasses and 2 beers, one chocolate, one vanilla. The beers were worse than horrible, but I still dig those galsses.

37. I freaking love this glass.
    [​IMG]

38. Drew26

Drew26 Savant (350) Wisconsin Nov 2, 2012

Central Waters tulip...Capital Brewery longer narrow tulip is a close second