1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your Go-To Glass?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by milo_leon, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Centennial

Centennial Savant (450) Vermont Nov 9, 2009

The one filled with some heady beer.

2. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Either this

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

gpawned, beerserks and Steve_Oldrati like this.
  3. I usually rock my perennial hommel glass
    [​IMG]

gpawned likes this.
  4. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

My lost abbey glass until it fell and broke

5. It looks like the stemware, especially the tulip style is the one of choice. I do my best to rotate the glasses but the one that I grab the most is my Weyerbacher tulip.

6. stone imperial stout tulip. the glass is thin but I love the design

afrokaze likes this.
  7. warrenout330

warrenout330 Aficionado (240) Ohio Oct 19, 2012

My 28 5/8 oz snifter, they're unbranded and the set wasn't cheap.... they bring a whole new experience to every beer that touches them.

8. Agreed, that is a great glass. I have 2 since I suckered my wife into going.

9. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

Definitely ISO. I absolutely love Perennial!

10. A couple of years ago a store near me was going out of business. I managed to pick up a pair of Spiegelau Tulips and a pair of the pilsner glasses for $1.99 a pair.

I love them, but I'm always paranoid that I'm going to break them.

11. aranton

aranton Savant (285) New York Apr 3, 2012

The lack of BCBS Snifter bragging has a man without, upset...

12. For a something like a regular IPA I usually go with one of my many pints, but anything out of my growler gets the mad elf or weyerbacher tulip (makes me feel like I get more out of it), as well as anything high alcohol, or stouts, etc...

13. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

my cigar city snifter. love that thing

14. The brand is Spiegelau. They are a little pricey but I've had mine for a few years and really enjoyed them. They can be found in stores in a couple states but I think I bought mine on Amazon if I remember correctly.

And does any remember that online show that push these glasses? I can't remember the name of it at all but always thought it was pretty awesome. It was two or three guys talking about releases and drinking...I know that's all of them...

15. BradtheGreat7

BradtheGreat7 Savant (310) Ohio Jul 22, 2011

I literally have every style of beer glass known to man and I try to drink Beer style in their according glassware. I have nonic pints, standard pints, American conical pints, tulip stout style pints, becker pints/german pints, 12 oz mugs, german mugs, weizen glasses, pilsner glasses, stemmed snifters, tulip snifters, abbey goblets of all shapes, wine style glasses, port glasses, and some speciality glasses for particular craft beers, etc. but my go to glass is a nonic pint glass. It's a beautiful style glass really and most of my favorite craft breweries approve as most examples on their websites are poured into a nonic. Check out FFF's site and see how many of their beers are shown in nonics. American porters, stouts, double stouts, RIS's, double IPAs, ipa's, apa's are all so called approved as well as brown ales, Scottish ales/wee heavy's, and so on. It's the glass I grab most for sure. But the list goes on

16. Whichever pint is available.

17. I'm currently a big fan of the tiffany brandy snifter my girlfriend bought me for christmas
    [​IMG]

though I hate taking it to school for fear of my doofy roommates breaking it so I usually stick to my Newport Storm glass or the dollar store tulip:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. CLCardinal84

CLCardinal84 Savant (320) Illinois Jan 29, 2012

Three Floyds Teku or Pint Glass, New Belgium Globe or Cigar City Snifter. Sometimes my Fantome tulip if I'm feeling saucy.

19. smo

smo Aficionado (185) New Jersey Apr 11, 2012

My God that glass is glorious. Must. Have

20. that

21. My DFH signature glass definitely sees the most action in my house, followed by my no-name nonic pint.

22. I find this to be a pretty interesting topic, and am always surprised by all the people that love the tulip glass. Just never been a fan of anything other than a pint glass myself, especially the British.

JimSmetana likes this.
  23. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (625) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

I have the Libby Craft Beer set from the OP, but mainly only use the stemmed glasses from it. Got it from Target for $20.

24. At home, my go-to is my Russian River tulip:

[​IMG]

When I go out to my weekly beer night with my friends, I usually bring a New Belgium Globe because it's a good glass that I won't shed any tears over if I break it:
    [​IMG]

25. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (450) New York Feb 14, 2012

Stone Imperial Russian Stout tulip

26. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

Haha, I suckered my girlfriend into going and I have 2. It's the twilight zone!

27. Kaydogg

Kaydogg Savant (385) Pennsylvania Jan 5, 2011

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

unless gueuze which its
    [​IMG]

gpawned and islandboi8204 like this.
  28. cyraschris

cyraschris Aficionado (180) Florida Dec 15, 2012

Most of the time I use a generic tulip my wife got for me. The only occasional exception at this point is I have the 'branded' glassware for my Trappist selections now. Loved the look of them. Great collection for the bar :)

29. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (735) California Oct 2, 2006

In general, my go to glass is a standard shaker pint. But if I have a specialty glass for a specific beer, I'll use it.

30. It really depends on what I am drinking. I mix it up between my East End Brewery snifter and my multitude of standard pint glasses.

31. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I've had many, but once I got this fucker, well yeah, that was all she wrote for the other ones.

[​IMG]

myersk27, gpawned, cosmicevan and 3 others like this.
  32. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (525) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

[​IMG]

My every day glassware. I only bust out the branded glassware when the beer calls for it. No crying over spilled beer if one of these bite the dust.

33. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (735) California Oct 2, 2006

I should really get a set of non-branded standards like that. Then I wouldn't have to worry about a glass that I only have one of getting broken.

34. milo_leon

milo_leon Aficionado (100) New York Aug 25, 2012

I like those! Where did you get them?

35. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (525) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

Thrift stores!

BeerBum, Eastside151 and djaeon like this.
  36. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

Gold Mines for glassware!!

37. That is a sweet glass.

gpawned likes this.
  38. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

I have about 12 or so I rotate through depending on style and brewery. These are my go-to's though
    NEBCO 668 Tulip
    [​IMG]
    Portsmouth Tulip
    [​IMG]
    DFH Signature
    [​IMG]
    Small unbranded brandy snifter
    [​IMG]

39. Corona? Lol nice glasses though, I like that 668 glass shape too bad it isn't etched.

davey101 likes this.