1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your most expensive beer haul

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DogfishJoe, Sep 24, 2012.

1. $600 on two cases of cherry adam.
  2. today is up there pretty good.

Lost Abbey Ultimate Box Set
    3 Aluminum Growlers of Oaked AB, Dry Hopped AB, Ruination Habanero
    Shit Ton of Stone Swag for Wife and I
    Huge Bar tab at Stone and Lost Abbey- Priceless

[​IMG]
  3. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

:eek:

ISO: 5 cases of Leon
  4. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

Best.. haul.. ever. Anytime I see an awesome pic like this... LA Ultimate box set AND The Bruery White Chocolate AND some BA Speedway Stout AND three growlers of Stone.... my heart bleeds with jealousy.
  5. Not sure if this is a contest I want to win or not, but this last month set me back over $2000 in beer.
    Planning to do a End of the World 12-21-2012 Party and drink all my best stuff with a bunch of friends.
  6. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Poland Oct 24, 2012

LOL have U seen my cellar bro?
    davey101 and HaveUSeenMyCellar like this.
  7. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

How long ago? They've had the 2 bottle limit for a while, and their beers are cheap.
    PoopChute69 likes this.
  8. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

You drank nearly 15k worth of beer in 4 years? Dayum!
  9. BourbonDork

BourbonDork Savant (290) Virginia Sep 15, 2010

Small potatoes compared to some....$265 for a case of DFW WWS. Although I do purchase items throughout the month, that was my single largest beer purchase. Now, if you're talking bourbon.....I drop about $1,000 twice a year on personal barrel picks.
  10. GRG1313

GRG1313 Champion (815) California Jan 15, 2009

Well, please remember that I'm using today's dollar's and many of the bottles, by today's prices, have sold for/would sell for several hundred dollars a bottle. In fact, a few of the bottles may sell for a lot more than a few hundred dollars. And, I have several large beer tastings a year, as well as attend beer tastings every few weeks where I bring several bottles. (I don't think that there was one rare bottle that I purchased that was not tasted by at least 5 people and usually more).

It's far less in bottle quantity than you think.
  11. It's a 4 bottle limit and when you have your wife there it's an 8 bottle limit ;)
    Lordquackingstic likes this.
  12. Ooji

Ooji Zealot (75) Germany Dec 23, 2010

My last day trip to Belgium. $250
  13. 300 at Russia river, 250 at new glarus and 3 Floyd's, 200 in MI, founders, bells.
  14. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

True, my bad. Good thing their bombers are pretty cheap.
  15. I wish I could say that for expo.
  16. tofuspeedstar

tofuspeedstar Savant (255) Texas Jul 12, 2012

$83.

Abyss 2011
    Whiskey Barrel Rodeo
    Jubilation 16
    Das Wunderkind
    Buddha's Brew

Some other stuff.
  17. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

Most CCB releases I'll grab a case and then a crapload of other beers/glassware to throw as extras on trades and whatnot, so roughly $300-$350
  18. In Vermont this past September, my total came to $1755, a lot of it was muling. 13 cases of Heady Topper, a dozen HF growlers, 3-4 cases of HF bottles, various Lawson's, and other local Vermont goodies...
    That trip really caused me to re-evaluate some things...hehe.

And I did save the printout of the warning I got from my credit card for going over a limit on a single purchase...something to the effect of "You have surpassed your single transaction limit at THE ALCHEMIST CANNERY".
    JulianB, HopsintheSack and stayclean like this.
  19. Rfunk

Rfunk Aficionado (125) California Nov 28, 2012

On average when I add a round to the fridge it's about 80-100 bucks for 4-5 bottles. I try not to do more than that at once. That's the fun in selectively adding to my cellar...it takes time and patience to build a great collection.
  20. pzymali

pzymali Aficionado (230) Illinois Dec 21, 2008

Highlights from said purchase??? Pleaseee?
  21. Demer

Demer Aficionado (215) New Jersey Dec 13, 2010

I would pay that in a heartbeat.
  22. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

im planning on making a trip to CCB real soon. The fact that i havent yet angers me since i live in orlando
  23. GRG1313

GRG1313 Champion (815) California Jan 15, 2009

I'm a bit reluctant to make note of the purchase with greater specificity. I'm sure some people already think I'm a dick. I don't want to prove them right! I'm happy to answer BeerMails if there are assurances you will not post my responses. Like I said, I really don't want to sound like more of a dick than I already sound!!
  24. $100 is typical for a beer run that lasts a few weeks. Probably about $150 at most. But what's the most someone pays for a SINGLE bottle? I don't think I've paid more than $20.
  25. colts9016

colts9016 Savant (420) Idaho Jul 2, 2007

My most expensive beer haul has been about 300 when I went to California. Most of the beer cost around 25 dollars. Pick up beer like Firestone 13 and 14. Thinking about doing it again.
  26. $250-300ish? Done that a couple times, normally I try to stay in the $40-60 range.

The last couple months has been tough with so many great releases. I've gone over that number more times that I probably should.
  27. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (455) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

probably one of my trips to Russian River at close to 300 bucks. an allocation of Beatification, a case of Pliny and some other bottles. I'm about to pay for the rest of my Eclipse allotment which is almost 250. Although single purchase would be when I was living in Mississippi and made a beer run to Pensacola, Florida. That one came close to 500 bucks when it was all said and done for a fridge full of beer to last me while I lived there, dark times.
  28. $119 with 10% off in in town. I got a nice haul from my parents they sent me from North Carolina, some Founders, an Olde Hickory Growler, cases of New Belgium folly, Fat Tire and some Diamond Bear cases from Arkansas. $160
  29. jdaddy

jdaddy Savant (310) Pennsylvania Nov 19, 2010

That would be this 4 day weekend.
    (1) case of mad elf at brewery
    (1) case of backwoods bastard (picked up from distributor on way to NY/VT)
    (2) sixtels of flower power from the brewery at Ithaca
    (5) cases of heady topper from the brewery
    (20) bombers of hill farmstead - various - from stores in VT
    (5) growlers of hill farmstead from the brewery
    (15?) bottles of various mikkeller rarities
    (1) 6 pack of horrible, horrible Trout River or some such nonsense
    (10?) bombers from other IPAs from VT breweries

All in it was likely under $1000.

Having that nice haul, I have to say that $67 sixtels of ultra fresh flower power from the brewery is probably the best god damn value in beer today. imo.
    davey101 likes this.
  30. Upper 100's a few times, a case of BCBS isn't cheap yo!
  31. Zwanze day wasn't cheap...

Then again bottles of Fou F'oune, Vigneronne, Iris, Cantillon Kriek plus Zwanze and 4 Hill Farmstead beers wouldn't be.
  32. Just dropped $250 on 1 bottle of Utopias and 2 bottles of GI Cherry Rye last week.
  33. LarryByrd

LarryByrd Zealot (75) Indiana Nov 3, 2012

$200 spent on 2 bottles of Black Albert, 1 bottle of Fruet, 2 750ml bottles of 3 Fonteinen Oude Gueuze, 2 bottles of Old Stock Ale BBA 2009, and 4 bottles of Russian River Consecration. Darklord Day finishes a very close second
  34. Skull40

Skull40 Savant (250) Indiana Apr 1, 2010

My most expensive was $180 at Binny's South Loop store. It's been awhile, but I do remember that the haul included a case of Rochefort 10.
  35. My most recent was my most expensive, around $500.
  36. Did no one else on this thread go full throttle on eclipse? They broke it in two payments, but that's just north of $1,500 for me.
  37. 500 from beer planet
  38. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I paid $80 for a CBS at a store here in San Diego before I started trading. It was my only way to get it at that point.

The highest normal retail price I've paid is $35 for Veritas 011.
  39. TheBeerTruck

TheBeerTruck Savant (275) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

Somewhere around $450 at Kuhnhenn. Two cases ($180/ea) of Barrel Aged 4th D and some other goodies.