1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your oddest 'want'

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by VelvetExtract, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

Jalapeno Ale from No Label Brewing Katy Texas. I like spicy food n drinks I've had ales with chilies added from 11-11-11 Epic to Indra kunidra by Ballastpoint loved a few meads with peppers added and the rogue ale with chili peppers. Oh and the Vixen chocolate chili bock from Sam Adams Small Batch line.
  2. A good beer from "The King of Beers". Probably will never happen.
  3. Completely different beer on tap @ the brew pub. On site its brewed with 300lbs of fresh watermelon vs the concetrate used in every other batch. Plus the watermelon slice garnish is a nice touch. I completely agree that any other way sucks ass.
  4. mikeyv35

mikeyv35 Savant (365) New York Oct 15, 2008

Cannot believe nobody listed ISO any of the crazy beers Short's brews. Or Shenandoah Chocolate Donut Stout.
  5. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

Maui Coconut Porter
  6. I came here to say this. I am not big on fruit beers, nor am I really big on watermelon in general. However, I am tremendously curious about that brew. I hope my experience goes better than yours!
  7. Benny3000

Benny3000 Savant (375) Michigan Apr 4, 2012

8. MammaGoose

MammaGoose Aficionado (210) Wyoming Jan 10, 2013

Meh, of course. I knew it was one of the two (Rogue or DFH) and didn't have time to Google when I was posting. So yes, I still want to try Midas Touch by DFH. My bad.
    WoodburyMN likes this.
  9. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

10. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

A friend of mine still has a case (or more) of this. He recently moved to Aspen but his cellar resides in PA. Prior to his move, we would open a bottle every time someone new joined in on one of our tastings. Its still fun to see people's reactions. While im not the biggest fan, I am surprised by how many people do enjoy it and finish of the bottle.

Back to the topic:
    Trogdor is my obscure want because I had a friend obsessed with Strong Bad and laugh each time I think about the burninator.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30/54574
  11. thegerm87

thegerm87 Savant (440) Connecticut Aug 26, 2011

New oddest want^
    New goal: "notorious beers by three Floyd's" tasting. Anybody willing to help, please BM me.
  12. FFF's missteps are very expensive mistakes.
    aasher likes this.
  13. Indian Wells Raspberry Ale - actually, I kind of want a sampler of a few Indian Wells beers.
    davey101 likes this.
  14. My biggest/oddest 'want' is odd insomuch as it's probably not even remotely on anyone else's radar, but as Black Sheep is my all-time favorite brewery, I'd have to say their limited-edition 'Progress' ale at 10% abv...sadly, I'll never get it, as it's not distributed, and from what I understand, shipping alcohol across federal lines is extremely problematic :(

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/beers/progress_limited_edition/
  15. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

CBS, I thought I would actually be able to land this!!
  16. If you're being serious, you can order this online directly from Rogue...
  17. Oaked-Aged TREAT
  18. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Haha, is there anyway hed be willing to trade a bottle? I can send fresh non-tequila aged Gandhi Bot!
  19. sobeleg

sobeleg Savant (470) New York Jun 29, 2011

Had some in Spain a couple years ago and believe me, it sucks
  20. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Don't worry about it. It isn't worth it.
    ChanChan likes this.
  21. My friend recently posted some pics from Japan where they had Zima on the shelves
    afrokaze likes this.
  22. Honestly? ...Bud/Bud light

It's been so long since I've tasted any of that kind of stuff that I've forgotten what ground zero tastes like. I'd like to revisit the cause of why I'm the type of beer consumer I am today. Probably helps to keep things in perspective. I just can't bring myself to order/buy one. I'll wait until I'm offered one at someone's house or something.
  23. tart of darkness, i've been dying to try this
  24. bismarksays

bismarksays Savant (445) Iowa Dec 7, 2008

Short's Turtle Stout.
  25. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

I wish I could have traded you the bottle that I poured out.
    RobertColianni likes this.
  26. Kerrie

Kerrie Savant (450) Michigan Aug 24, 2012

I've had it and it really wasn't that bad. I don't think I'll ever buy it again, though.
  27. The House of 1,000 beers is trying to get 4 dollars for a single. Was cool to finally see it in person pepper and all but way too much to drop on toilet water
  28. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Thanks, I use to want this beer really bad, now I would settle for a regular BCBS!!
  29. jb123

jb123 Savant (470) Michigan Dec 3, 2012

They make bee now? I heard nachos brewery is world class. Sucks its in Tijuana AYE lets stack our pesos.
    Zaphog likes this.
  30. i want Liquor de Malt and Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer. Liquor de Malt's a long time want, and as I highly doubt they'll ever rebrew it... :[

keep on the down low... but round 2 is in the planning stages...
  31. JMS1512

JMS1512 Advocate (550) New Jersey Feb 18, 2013

MMMM. Sounds good.
  32. lpotter

lpotter Savant (295) Pennsylvania Dec 13, 2008

I really, really wanna try Short's Bloody Beer.
  33. buschbeer

buschbeer Advocate (535) Ohio Feb 7, 2009

34. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,050) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

It's a bitter irony that the most consumed beer on the planet seems so completely difficult to get, but I have a sort of strange fascination for wanting to get my hands on it:

Snow Beer - China

the rest on my odd list to try would be:

Any Happoshu... never had it before wonder what it's like.
    Liquor de Malt from Dogfish Head
    Aecht Schlenkerla Helles Lagerbier - White Wine Barrel Aged

No the oddest, but a pretty obscure winning choco brew from Mexico:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26974/77800/
    afrokaze likes this.
  35. 19etz55

19etz55 Savant (345) New Jersey Aug 12, 2007

Another penguin you could try is Killer Penguin which is VERY good.
  36. I want some Tipo Pils!! No old shit either
  37. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

I had a feeling I'd find alot of Brew Dog and Mikkeller on here. Mostly because they make is gimmicky and odd beers that you feel very o_O about and you add it to your wants because you don't want to pay for it.
  38. mfnmbvp

mfnmbvp Advocate (615) Illinois Nov 28, 2012

I've been seriously tempted to grab the Budweiser and Bud Light Cheladas... just for the fuck of it. But on a more serious note, BrewDog's Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink The Bismarck! for sure.