1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Your oddest 'want'

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by VelvetExtract, Feb 18, 2013.

1. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (285) New York May 15, 2011

I want a keg of Brute because I know they still exist.

2. Dope

Dope Advocate (545) Massachusetts Oct 5, 2010

Been there, done that, poured it out after two sips. Like drinking dumpster run-off that someone poured hot sauce into.

Dope

Tballz420 likes this.
  3. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Savant (405) New York Nov 20, 2008

mfnmbvp likes this.
  4. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Savant (435) Ohio May 2, 2010

Not more than me. Again, most people hated it but I love licorice and obviously the beer. Would have gladly traded you for it.

5. czfreeman

czfreeman Savant (455) California May 22, 2007

Short's Bloody beer..I really love bloody mary's as well as authentic Chelada's, so I really think I'll dig it.

6. Ragnarok. I am a huge Amon Amarth fan! Damn I'd love to try that beer.

IHyphySF likes this.
  7. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (280) California Apr 27, 2011

ghost face killah i love pouring it for people and asking them if they have ever had a pepper beer they smell it an say wow smells like pepper then there face turns red after the first sip so many priceless moments

8. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (540) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

The Dissident. Sure a lot of folks want this, but it's odd for me because I'm not really a fan of that style. I just want one to go up next to my Faithful PJ20 Ale. Pearl Jam fan.

9. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (540) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

Wish I could help you out. I wish I could get one for myself too. Had my last one at a buddy's bachelor party last summer. It was before I realized it was a one off and before I started collecting/cellaring. It was such a good beer.

10. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Savant (335) Tennessee Apr 2, 2011

It was Mama Mia Pizza Beer. Finally gotta hold of one.

Never have to go down that crazy ass road again!

devlishdamsel likes this.
  11. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Savant (405) New York Nov 20, 2008

Or a little Final Fantasy 8?

jlenik likes this.
  12. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

as hideous as the BA's descriptions are, I totally understand. I want 1 sip. ONLY one.
    And I don't want anyone disposing the refuse in my home out of fear of lingering odors.

13. bainard

bainard Aficionado (245) Illinois Mar 15, 2006

Taedonggang, the dear leader's beer!

14. Indianapolis 500 racing beer. I believe it was made by Falstaff. Probably undrinkable, but it would bring back great memories.

15. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

YouEnjoyMyStout
    Weekapaug Gruit

What I really want is Right Brain Ode to Spooky, that will probably never happen however.

16. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Excellent beer. I love it.

DruRho likes this.
  17. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

i can make this bad wish come true....the brewery is 25 miles away from my house...

18. Ghost Scorpion

19. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

My bottle arrives Wednesday :D

20. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

oh no! you MUST report on your findings... and survival. Incidentally, one shop owner told me that the pink hot mess was by far his best selling rogue beer. go figure!

21. my wants reads like a whale list and bottles from crazy breweries (Cantillon, Kuhnhenn, HF, etc). Then you see Mackinaw Pale Ale from Michigan Brewery. Mackinack Island holds a place in my heart, so I want the beer.

22. mfnmbvp

mfnmbvp Advocate (625) Illinois Nov 28, 2012

23. Welll, time to build a runestone in honor of its memory ;)

24. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

wanted westvleteren 12 since before i got into american craft beer (drank trappist and faux-trappist [ie unibroue, chouffe, etc] only for years). still haven't had. meh.

25. I'm told this beer is fixed with a slice of watermelon and giant ice cube in a whiskey glass. Heh. we shall see.

26. Agreed. That crap creek chile beer is the worst chile beer. It's like a corona with heat. No flavor and just undrinkably hot. And I like chile beers.

27. Obviously you have never been on a golf course when its 100 degrees.

28. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

29. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

I have, actually, and there are hundreds of other beers I'd choose over that one. Heat doesn't make shit taste good.

30. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (980) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

I heard it tasted tremendously like wolf pussy.

I'm also shocked by how many beers from this thread that I've had. :(

31. While I also enjoy drinking horse piss, and really any piss, it has to hurt when you declare yourself the winner and are about 20 "likes" behind the ole boy maybe 4-5 posts above you

32. I may have an older Jiahu and/or Red and White for you.

As for me- I've been dying to get my hands on a bottle of something from 961 Brewing in Beirut. I love the area and am crazy curious to see what they've brewed.

Michigan likes this.
  33. Not that terrible if you have it with pizza. It used to be around SoCal but its been gne for a while.

34. Temperature should provide a rough map of what beers you should consider drinking. You can drink whatever beer you want, whenever you want, however some beers are definitely better in certain seasons. Hence, a watermelon beer on a hot golf course during summer and a RIS on top of a mountain in the middle of the winter.

35. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

DFH hop pickles.

lpotter likes this.
  36. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

I never said it shouldn't. I said heat doesn't make shit taste good. See: Hell or High Watermelon.

37. With the revival of Arrested Development, I'm hoping The Bruery brings back Cornballer.