1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

You've rated 50 of the above beers......

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by heygeebee, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Well well, never thought I would get to the day when I had rated all the top Aus beers on the site.
    Made a little easier by the recent 'top beers' reshuffle. Had done 95+ of the hundred before it went.

Was interested both to get your inputs on the new way that the lists are compiled (now uses hads + reviews) and also how many of the new top 50 you have reviewed. imho the list now highlights a lot more of the better beers, and the Aus industry looks a whole lot better for it.

Cheers!
  2. joecast

joecast Advocate (570) Australia Jun 30, 2003

Think I remember reading a thread about the change but hadnt checked it out until now. Up to 37 out of 50 reviewed/had, and a bit comforting seeing LCPA at the top again.
    I agree that including hads now gives a bit better representation of what is currently available and having the option to include hads or not, well, it probably appeases some of the more hardcore out there.
  3. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

I'm at 16 out of 50, no idea how many out of the old top 100 I had reviewed. Wouldn't be too many more.

I commented on the other question, but the answer wasn't well received it seems.
  4. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

I've rated 21

I've actually had 39

2 more I'm unsure of (Honestly can't remember if I've had 4 Pines Pale Ale or Stout before)

1 I have a bottle of which I haven't yet drunk (The Ox)

1 is a limited release which I didn't try and doubt will ever see anywhere (Dark Harvest)

Apart from Dark Harvest I believe it would be possible to complete the list without too much effort if I particularly cared to. Mostly I'm surprised that I haven't had #5 - India Saison yet.
  5. 37 and I wasn't even in the country for a year
  6. CrazyDavros

CrazyDavros Savant (405) Australia Apr 18, 2008

43 from the new list, 95 from the old. I still have a copy of the top 100 Aussie beers from shortly after it was first created. Oct '11 I think, interesting to see how it's changed. There's a fair bit of crap in the old copy! Limiting the new list to 50 beers is a good move in my mind.
  7. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

I've definitely had 39, maybe as many as 42 but I'm a bit hazy on a few.

Couple of surprises in there actually - some beers have been around a fair bit longer than I thought and probably made the list for that reason more than any other.