1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Zombie dust for hopslam, Il/Wi?

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by jimelee108, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking for a 6pk of Hopslam and have Zombie Dust to trade along the Illinois and Wisconsin boarder. Who is interested?
  2. I am.. How much zombie dust for how much Hopslam?
  3. If the above does not work out I could do the trade.
  4. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

Why would you want 6 month old Hopslam? It will not be very good. This would make more sense around the time of the next Hopslam release if FFF is still putting out fresh Zombie Dust around that time.
  5. It still tastes fine (to me), the high ABV prevents much deterioration of flavor. Anyways, if he waited until next Spring he could probably get it in stores fairly easily but he clearly wants some now :)
  6. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

Everyone has different tastes. You may not mind more malt and faded hops, and I'm sure you aren't the only one likes it.

The OP is pretty new and may not know it was last released in January. If he has Zombie Dust and is looking for Hopslam, I'd have to guess he is a hophead, most of whom wouldn't want a 6 month old DIPA. He can still make the trade and find out for himself.
  7. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

No Hopslam, but i might have a bottle of Pliny from November that got lost in the fridge...
  8. I have a 6pk of Hopslam I'd be willing to trade
  9. ravot

ravot Savant (435) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

i've had a 6 month and a 1 year old hopslam. just tasted sweeter. wasn't bad. do it.
  10. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

really? I can't drink a 6 month old Hopslam. tastes like a sweet, flat bomb. and fresh its one of my favorites.
  11. ravot

it definitely wasn't flat, but sweet for sure. it probably helped that both instances were refrigerated the entire time since purchase. i'm no brewer but i think i recall reading that refrigeration slows the process of any hops disappearing. so it definitely could have helped.
  12. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

refrigeration definitely helps. not sure to what extent though.
  13. cfrances33

cfrances33 Champion (750) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Zombie Dust is now year round production
  14. Why are we replying to a trading thread that started 4 months ago.....
  15. ravot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.