1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Zombie Dust question

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by tpoutasse, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Got to try my first bottle of this the other day and agree with all the reviews- it is fantastic. I know 3 Floyds has pretty limited distribution but does anyone know if this particular beer is hard to get in those areas? I have a couple friends in Chicago and am hoping they can get some and ship it.

2. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (835) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

I know some people close by and from what they've told me, it's actually quite easy to get in Illinois / Indiana, especially close to the brewery.

3. It's not very easy. Most places don't carry it in their stores/shops. The best way is to go to the brewery, but they are known to sell out the same day they post it's in. And this is during the week, weekends you have to get lucky that they bottled it before you got there. They had some in earlier this week, but are currently out again.

Good Luck

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (495) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

The brewery is the best place to get it and cheapest ($35/case). You can find it at Binny's and other local liquor stores as well, but they run out fast. If you can go to FFF, check out their website to see if it's available. If not, call the closest Binny's and ask if they have any. You can also check the Places for Chicago, IL in BA and call any liquor store that comes up that is also relatively close to where they are staying (Google maps FTW). Puerto Rico Food Mart has it quite often and is oneof the best liquor joints out there (in terms of price and hospitality).

5. JulianC

JulianC Savant (345) Illinois Mar 9, 2012

Easy for the determined BA in Chicago/NW Indiana.

6. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (370) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

a friend of mine lives 40 minutes from the brewery, in Illinois. 3 times he's grove straight to the brewery whenever they posted on facebook or twitter that zombie dust was for sale in the brewer. All 3 times it was sold out by the time he got there. If any of the Binny's in his area get any, they get a case, and it's sold without ever hitting the floor.

7. NateMac13

NateMac13 Savant (390) Illinois Apr 10, 2011

I've only been to FFF twice but each time I was able to get a case of Zombie Dust. Maybe I just lucked out?

8. It is recently starting to show up in Indiana at bottle shops away from the brewery, and also some in Ohio, but in both states it seems to be in limited amounts. However, since the distribution is expanding to a wider area it would seem like the brewery has increased production of this beer. Hopefully this means that supply may be trying to catch up with demand. For now, one can only wish that this is happening. ;)

9. I have a friend that lives 3 blocks from a Binny's in Chicago and easily picked up a couple sixers for us.

10. Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum Aspirant (45) Illinois Oct 24, 2012

Zombie Dust is the best beer out there, easily my favorite.

11. mdfb79

mdfb79 Advocate (680) New York Jan 11, 2010

Was in Chicago last weekend and saw it at multiple stores, as well as on tap at Hopleaf...one store I went into probably had 20 cases or so sitting on the floor. Maybe I just got lucky and a small sample size, but seemed to be pretty easy to find.

12. My fellow Virginian buddy has been to Chicago twice in the last 6 months and was able to pick up a 6 pack at Binny's each time. Maybe he was lucky too.

13. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

My girl gets it from the brewery on the reg...their production is far better than it once was...and they don't run out very often at all anymore...though when they first started bottling it it would be gone very quickly.

14. StoutIrish

StoutIrish Savant (340) Indiana Jan 16, 2012

I've had friends stop at the brewery in the last 2 months and didn't have a problem picking it up. As far as I know i can still get it in NE IN.

15. Snowrs

Snowrs Savant (390) Indiana Oct 10, 2009

Just remember some of you east coasters, its a 4.5-5 hr drive to the brewery for some of us down south so easy depends on where in the State you live. I have been hassled when I have said it is hard to get.

16. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Binnys South Loop had some yesterday. Not sure how much they got but couldn't hurt to call. $11.99/sixer

17. Cenosillicaphobe

Well...I live in Maine...so it's quite a haul for me until I move out there (hopefully in the Fall)...but my girl lives about 15 minutes away from the brewery...so I guess that's pretty easy.

18. Snowrs

I am from Maine originally, that's why its easy for those from New England especially to figure all states are as tiny as those up there. I know from experience.

19. Cenosillicaphobe

Actually...Maine is pretty big...not California big...but not exactly Delaware either.

20. Does anybody who's a regular at the brewery know of a set release calendar for Zombie Dust?

21. Kubrickx

Kubrickx Savant (410) Illinois Sep 1, 2012

Archer Liquors is a 2 6er limit, but at $10.99 you can't go wrong.

22. Snowrs

Yes but the upper half is just inhabited by Moose and there really is nothing above Calais or Bingham.

hoppusmaxximus likes this.
  23. Cenosillicaphobe

True enough lol...trees are people too!

24. I go to FFF about 2 times a month and I have never NOT been able to buy a case of dust.

CityofBals likes this.
  25. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (915) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Its easy to get it from the brewpub. No worries. If you can make it, you'll be able to get at least a case. As always call ahead and be sure not to put the guy on speakerphone of course.

26. Kubrickx

Kubrickx Savant (410) Illinois Sep 1, 2012

Was there a few weeks back on a Sunday and they were out of ZD. Still picked up Dreadnaught and Robert the Bruce but was slightly disappointed. Lesson learned: Call ahead. :)

27. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (550) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Does FFF distribute to NE Ohio??

28. dman5400

dman5400 Aficionado (245) Illinois Jan 13, 2011

Brew pub was out this week.