1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Zombie Dust

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by RaulMondesi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Just had my first Zombie Dust...

I'm lucid right now, I'm like a tortoise on peyote. I'm on my back looking at the stars searching for a heavenly figure. Zombie Dust, don't ever leave me.

2. It is pretty damn good!

Casedogg43 likes this.
  3. shit is right. Cant wait until I can buy my own 6pack

YogiBeer and Casedogg43 like this.
  4. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (440) New York Jan 19, 2013

My wife has been wanting to visit family in Chicago (from central NY) for years. We just planned a trip for April. Needless to say, we're not overpacking the car this time around. So much beer over in Chicagoland that I never see here. Very psyched.

NABS, kneary13, Gatch and 5 others like this.
  5. tgchief

tgchief Savant (305) Iowa Nov 30, 2010

Welcome to the hop trip....always a good trip!

6. Don't worry this is typical. Take more ZD and call your doctor in the morning.

7. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

It's not even a real beer, it transcends, it's heavenly. Can you believe some people can just drive a few miles an buy it on the reg?

8. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Raul, when are you making your triumphant return to MLB?

9. But you gave it a 4.15? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

10. This is the best part of the trip. This is the trip, the best part.

11. LieutenantDan

LieutenantDan Disciple (50) Texas Nov 18, 2012

Ive yet to try zombie dust. i always read about it, but theres no distribution down here if anybody would like to trade, im a category department manager for a large liquor store chain and i have access to many beers. Is there anything close to zombie dust that is easily available to give me an idea of what it taste like?

12. --Dom--

--Dom-- Savant (355) Missouri Dec 22, 2012

I just arrived home from buying a sixer :D:D:D:D

Casedogg43 and creepinjeeper like this.
  13. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Who makes that, damn?

Gatch likes this.
  14. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Or I could just send beer to you. :)

15. mvdillman

mvdillman Savant (265) Indiana Dec 30, 2012

So glad I live right down the road.

JxExM, Casedogg43 and YogiBeer like this.
  16. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

Transcends beer. 4.15.

Skaiwalka, BrettHead, Gatch and 11 others like this.
  17. PorterLambic

PorterLambic Advocate (560) Florida Nov 26, 2003

Got a bomber in the garage waiting its turn. Looking forward to it I am.

18. Beisbal been berry berry good to me.

JxExM and MarkIntihar like this.
  19. CityofBals

Care to elaborate on the higher rating for SNPA, and lower rating for Nelson? I trust your judgment and taste buds implicitly.

iHEARTbeer247 likes this.
  20. It's pretty decent. But what everyone really loves is gloating that they have some to those who don't.

RaulMondesi likes this.
  21. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (440) New York Jan 19, 2013

Yogi, I think you and I are going to get along fine. Never traded before and a little nervous about packing stuff up right, but I'm definitely open to ideas.

YogiBeer likes this.
  22. Thanks for the response, Kim. I believe that the higher rating for SNPA has to do more with nostalgia, over the idea general nature of what is better than the other. Then again, Raul loves his ass some SNPA. But like I said... Nelson... Sweeter than the queen of Persia's honey hole.

CityofBals likes this.
  23. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

It's a good beer but didn't live up to the hype for me. You really can't go wrong with Citra hops.

mklisz, 2beerdogs and j47paco like this.
  24. Three Floyds. Wish we had it here in Ga..

25. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

It's definitely a delicious brew. If I ever have to move out of the midwest, I'm going to homebrew my own Citra pale ale.

26. YogiBeer

K, Im gonna do my best to head to FFF in the next few weeks. Im no longer purchasing beer for myself for the next few months, but will definitely trade it, to spread the love. It's pretty damn affordable (35/case), so you dont hafta send me DDOS or MOAS or anything, just send me noms that I can share with my friends. Case limit is 2 at FFF now, but I can probably bribe a mule or two to help share beer joy. Hit me up.

Onenote81, SatlyMalty and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  27. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

LMAO.

28. YogiBeer

Except that I'm going to send beer to as many people who have replied to this thread that haven't had it as I can. Hipster Troll is Hipster Troll.

Also, last time I got 2 cases, I literally walked around my work and handed bottles to people. We also gave quite a few out to random strangers on the metra, to people who were drinking bmc. They were all like WTF IS THIS AND HOW DO I GET SOME? Not everyone is a douche.

Skaiwalka, NABS, BrettHead and 7 others like this.
  29. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

Had Arctic Panzer Wolf at the local beer pub tonight. I loved Dreadnaught, and thought from reading reviews here and elsewhere I would not like the Wolf as well, but it was awesome! Very bitter, but extremely good and IMO better than Dreadnaught! If Zombie Dust is better, I need to get some soon.

YogiBeer and Casedogg43 like this.
  30. YogiBeer

PW = grapefruit pith, for sure. So dope. My fave thing to toss in as an extra, when I have it.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  31. Lurkerson

Lurkerson Savant (360) Pennsylvania Jan 18, 2013

My wife's family is from Milwaukee. Unexpectedly stumbled upon some Dreadnaught while visiting over the Holiday's. It was glorious! Next visit I will seek out some Zombie Dust and revel in my good fortune.

32. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

I don't have access to this beer and I probably won't for a very long time, if ever - there are tons highly acclaimed beers that will never hit my market, and I'm pretty OK with that (and I suspect that a lot of other folks here are also in a similar situation with their "wants" and are OK with that.)

OP was clearly showing his regard for this beer and not rubbing it in the faces of those who don't have access to it. Pairing suggestion: lighten up a bit.

gigaknight likes this.
  33. Do you speak like this in person? Im trying to decide weather or not to salute you or push you off a bridge.

34. CityofBals

That depends on what your definition of is, is.

TheMonkfish likes this.
  35. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

I don't even like ZD that much and I had to rec this, partly because I love it when someone loves beer that much, partly because of the way you described it. Good for you sir, good for you.

JimSmetana likes this.
  36. Zombie Dust is better, a lot better.

Shakory and YogiBeer like this.
  37. Sadly, being a lowly Quebecois, I shall never partake of the sweet nectar that is Zombie Dust :(

TheMonkfish likes this.
  38. Kudos for the excellent beer advocacy.

ISO: job with Yogi

YogiBeer likes this.
  39. YogiBeer

Its just beer, dude. :)

40. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Savant (265) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

i can walk 3/4 of a mile and get it every day if i want. i dont, but i will tomorrow after reading the opening post. that shit was powerful.

angertoast and franklinn like this.