1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Zwanze Day @ Lord Hobo on Saturday

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by jadoinvaoidfnva, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I am either blind or just being lazy....but....can someone confirm the time that Lord Hobo is opening doors for Zwanze Day on Saturday?

Thanks,
    Jason
  2. huuvola

huuvola Savant (270) Massachusetts Oct 29, 2005

3. ptrc

ptrc Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 26, 2011

I haven't seen any details on either of the MA venues, has anybody heard anything specific?
  4. Lord Hobo opens at 4:30...I am going to call and will post details here
  5. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

On weekends they open at 11 for brunch.
  6. I'm sure that Lord Hobo is tapping at 3pm like every other bar in EST.
  7. brikelly

brikelly Savant (405) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

I wonder when the line will form outside...
  8. Last year I felt silly for showing up early as there was only 6 people total who arrived before the bar opened and people funneled in for hours afterwards with no trouble gettIng seats
  9. That's typically how Hobo beer events go, from what I've seen in the past. It's actually really nice to not have to scramble to get there and freeze your cojones off in the cold for a few hours before they open. Makes me love Hobo even more.
  10. well last years zwanze day was in early september so it was probably the only beer event i have even been to where I was not freezing in line (multiple Kate Dasy, multiple southampton IRS, Heady bottle Release, HF BoT release and juicy, the list goes on)
  11. Sooo, if I head there around 1 or 2, I should be able to grab a table and wait for the tapping at 3?
  12. No guarantee but that is what happened last year
  13. moaner

moaner Savant (255) Massachusetts Oct 18, 2003

Hey Folks,

We open at 11am. The worldwide toast/pouring is at 3pm E.S.T.

Last year some people were able to stroll in at 1 and still grab a seat.

There seems to be more interest this year.

It's a first come first serve thing

There are 169 six oz pours.

We will serve the room at 3 (approx 110 people).

We'll serve another 50 pours at 6.

See you Saturday.

Cheers

Daniel
  14. I know you guys said on Facebook you'll post the list day-of, and I won't be too nosy about it - but will the rest of the list be available all day, or will things be tapping/available at specific times? Brunch, while amazing, will only occupy me so long!
  15. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

16. Last year I got there 1 hour before and was put on a wait list for a table that finally opened up about fifteen minutes before the tapping. Yes, there was one party there that hadn't come for Zwanze and must have been wondering what the heck was going on, we got their table when they finally finished off their last can of Narragansett Summer and left.
  17. To add to this, do you have your regular tap list available as well for anyone who's not interested in Zwanze? And is there anything special on the food menu for Saturday?
  18. Hey Daniel,
    Thank you very much for replying. Can't wait for Saturday.
    Jason
  19. moaner

moaner Savant (255) Massachusetts Oct 18, 2003

HAHAHAHAHAAHHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA

The Tap List will be 1000% Bananas on Saturday.

If you have ever seen a better line-up I won't believe you.
  20. ToasterChef

ToasterChef Savant (450) Maine Mar 26, 2008

So only hefeweizens on tap?
  21. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Are you going to stagger the tappings throughout the day, or will most be on from the start?

(If anyone else remembers from last year as well - thanks)
  22. In the main Zwanze thread under beer releases I'm seeing crazy stuff like bars with Fou Foune on tap...I'm hoping Lord Hobo is gonna go balls to the wall!
  23. kharma

kharma Zealot (95) Massachusetts Feb 10, 2006

Plans changed and I get to watch the kiddo all day... Boo. Have to dust off something from the beer dungeon instead.
  24. DonFrap

DonFrap Savant (480) Massachusetts Feb 27, 2011

Any word on the tap list? We have a group of 5 on our way. I'll be the tall guy with the sabres hoodie on if anyone wants to stop by our table and say hi.
  25. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Only cantillon on draft is 2-yr unblended. HF Susan, Foster, Anna. Other randoms but not familiar with all of them. Good bottle list but expensive.
  26. Thanks for killing it today, moaner. Had Susan, Anna, the unblended lambic, Mamouche, Kriek, Classic Gueuze, and Zwanze. was pretty fucking awesome. place was working like clockwork.
  27. The bottle list was straight nutz! Drank 2002 Pechè Mortel which was unreleased and Lord Hobo is probably the only place in the world that it is available still. It was it pure deliciousness. The coffee was still so prevalent in the nose which literally made no sense for a 10 year old beer but it was amazing.
    HevvyMetalHippie and aorloski like this.
  28. wow. glad to hear it was good. wanted to get it, but figured it was too much of a risk to drop that kinda coin on a bottle, as i assumed all of the coffee would be gone.
  29. Yeah I split it with three other guys and we had no idea what it would be like. Needless to say, it was far above our expectations. I have a whole new respect for Dieu Du Ciel now.
  30. My wife and I walked into Lord Hobo around 7 pm on a whim after other plans fell through and having no clue about Zwanze Day. Got a seat at the bar, looked at the draft list, and then nearly fell off of said seat. Such a treat to have a few unexpected glasses of Hill Farmstead Foster and the Cantillon 2 year unblended plus other cool stuff. I was eyeing that Dieu Du Ciel bottle too but didn't pull the trigger. Missed the Zwanze pour of course, but still feel like I won. Will definitely pay more attention to this next year.
    brikelly likes this.