Zwanze Day WLV

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by patrad, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrad

patrad Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2014 Illinois

Can someone tell me how this has worked in the past? Do they start giving out tickets before 11 to those in line? Or do they just start letting people in at 11? What time do you think you need to be there in the AM to participate?

2. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

3. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Per the twitter, seems they have 50+ kegs ready. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

4. Kareem

Kareem Initiate (162) Jun 18, 2012 Illinois

What's the line like?

5. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

They generally give out tickets at 11, and the event starts at noon. You can get your ticket then leave, get breakfast and return as I often do.

Every previous year people were able to show up after 11 and get a ticket without a line, no problem. Nothing to worry about there. As long as you dont show up at 1pm looking for a ticket, you won't be disappointed.

6. Jimbobebop

Jimbobebop Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Illinois

SO any lines Yet?

7. JulianC

JulianC Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2012 Illinois

At least 100

8. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2012 Illinois

100 lines? How do you know which line to choose?

Mitchell57 and jjheinrichs like this.
  9. MarkFy

MarkFy Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2009 Illinois

Any updates or is everyone too busy drinking good beer?

10. DarkMagneto

DarkMagneto Crusader (467) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

Any Fedoradingus sightings?

11. CLCardinal84

CLCardinal84 Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2012 Illinois

It was awesome. Florian was amazing. WLV ran a great event today. Cheers to the WLV staff and volunteers!

JulianC likes this.
  12. Jimbobebop

Jimbobebop Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Illinois

Great time and very well run.The Mac and Cheese was awesome. The Beer they tapped was well rounded. From PBR to the BCBCS. Props to the staff, how they ran a smooth event with a bunch of drunk beer nerds is beyond me.

JulianC likes this.
  13. patrad

patrad Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2014 Illinois

I never waited more than 1 minute for a beer. I showed up at 12:45 and walked in, no line. I waited in the bottle line for about 5 minutes after Florian was poured and got a bottle of Gambrinus. I did hear someone say he showed up at 1:30 and they were out of tickets for Zwanze. I had a great time, good bottle share, new friends. I went in thinking it might be a shit show and it was anything but. Thanks WLV!

JulianC and Dontcounttoday like this.
  14. Dontcounttoday

I was definitely concerned with losing the bar across the street, and the taproom inside WLV and moving it all into just the back yard, but it worked out amazingly well. Never felt overly crowded, lines were short, the weather was awesome, and the hog roast kicked ass.

15. da_bulls

da_bulls Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2012 Illinois

Anyone know what this means for Shelton Distribution? Have they worked something out and returned to Chicagoland? Had heard some talk in the Shelton Bros thread awhile back that they would be returning to the area before Zwanze making Zwanze Day possible at WLV liquors.

16. Dontcounttoday

They are back in Chicago as of this past week.

17. uuudar

uuudar Devotee (328) Oct 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

I think the question is was this a one time delivery because of Zwanze or are we back to regular deliveries?

18. Dontcounttoday

Yup, and I said they are back in Chicago as of last week. Check out The Beer Temple. They just got enough Shelton beers dropped on their doorstep last week to fill nearly half the store. Chris said they are back and back big. If it was a one time delivery for Zwanze I think he would have mentioned that.

JulianC likes this.
  19. jefeld

jefeld Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Illinois

I was literally crying uncontrollably that I missed out on the glory of side project pour of apricot fermier on saturday. anyone lucky enough to try this, how was it? I'm sure incredible. i heard there were only 8 or 9 bottles poured, and it was all gone while the line to get into the event was still very long.

Dontcounttoday likes this.
  20. shelby3161

shelby3161 Crusader (434) Jan 17, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I had a few pours of it, it was really tasty. It was only a few bottles, and they didn't pour the dregs so each bottle had a bit left in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.