Pilsner Urquell | Plzeňský Prazdroj

3.4

Ratings: 3,856 |  Reviews: 1,490
3.6/5  rDev +0.3%

Serving Type - 500ml can, poured into a pilsner glass

Appearance - Pours a pale straw colour, but somehow darker than most pilsners. Sot of 'golden' coloured. A thin white head dissipates quickly. The filtered brew showcases the carbonation.

Smell - Some grains and bready smells. Not much of anything else that I can pick up.

Taste - Sweeter than I was anticipating. Grains, grass, dough - standard fare for a pilsner. Towards the finish I'm picking up an incredibly light citrus taste.

Mouthfeel - Medium carbonation, average to low for the style. Body isn't to heavy and isn't to light. Just right. Finishes crisp and satisfying.

Overal - 3.5/5.

4.22/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured in the appropriate glass, this Pilsner shows its exuberant, absolutely clear golden appearance. Exactly what I expect from such style. The aroma and taste bring grain and biscuit tones, well-paired with the Saaz hops (which brings grassy and citric notes). We have a background sweetness alluded by the low-temperature malting. Finally, the light, medium-carbonated body leaves us with a brief aftertaste (as it should be in the style) displaying the Saaz exuberance.

4.52/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

After drinking this on tap all over Prague, and having it "mliko" style at the brewery, I can honestly say that consuming this in the place it's brewed and meant to be served makes all the difference. One of the defining beer experiences of my life, and something I'll dream about having fresh from the source for years to come. Worth a trip to the Czech Republic just to drink this beer as it's meant to be consumed. Trust me on this one.

3.25/5  rDev -9.5%

3.25/5  rDev -9.5%

3.09/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

It had been years since I had an Urquell in Prague, and I'm not sure I've ever had one stateside. I wonder if this batch was old, because the feel and smell were a bit skunky. In the end, though, it was a good reminder of what an average pilsner is like, and I might try it again as a reliable "session" beer.

3.62/5  rDev +0.8%

I havent had a Pilsner Urquell for years. It is still a real solid beer for me. So easy to drink, so pleasant to taste.
It pours like many of your light European beers. There is a distinct nose to it. It remains me of the many times I tried to make a homebrew pilsner.
The first sip was enjoyable as with each sip afterwards

Whenever, I just want to have a few over to drink some beers during the summer, this one likely beer on that is included.

3.75/5  rDev +4.5%

2.5/5  rDev -30.4%

3.75/5  rDev +4.5%

3.51/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pilsner Urquell from Plzeňský Prazdroj