Gambrinus | Plzeňský Prazdroj

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-07-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Reviews: 52 | Ratings: 128
3.55/5  rDev +5%

I decided I would make this my first beer review, since it looks like there is a paucity of them, probably due to the fact that this one is unavailable here in the U.S.

I drank quite a few of these when I visited Prague several years back. It was during my macroswill days, and I'd have to say that this one played a definite part in leading me toward an appreciation of, and search for good beers.

Since it was so long ago it's tough to remember much detail about the taste etc., but I do remember enough to give it a high rating on the drinkability scale, and also to say with a fair level of confidence that it's a good pilsener (not excellent, but definitely good). As stated in one of the other reviews, this one is widely consumed in the Czech Republic (I'm judging based solely on what I saw in Prague - on tap a the vast majority of pubs & restaraunts that I went to, and also available in cans if I remember right). Not as good as Urquell or Budvar, but still a good beer.

I spent a good deal of time searching for this one when I came back to the states and was extremely disappointed to discover that I couldn't get it here. I'd love to drink another one of these, I'd even choose it over a better beer just to sample it again. Guess I'll have to go back to Prague.

3.25/5  rDev -3.8%

Good beer. Tried this when i was in Prague. I'm not VERY enthusiastic with this beer and the reason perhaps is that i compare it with Pilsner Urquell and the U Fleku beer i had when i was in Prague. Definitely not the best Czech Republic has to offer

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last