Left Coast Hop Juice | Left Coast Brewing Company

Left Coast Hop JuiceLeft Coast Hop Juice

Left Coast Brewing Company
leftcoastbrewing.com

Style: American Imperial IPA

At Left Coast Brewing Co. we pride ourselves on being one of the pioneers of Double IPA style craft beer. This hop monster uses Premium American 2– Row and a touch of light crystal malt to create a solid malt foundation. Five different Hop Varieties are used in the Hop Juice. It spends two weeks dry hopping in fermenter contributing to its great hop aroma. Starts out sweet and finishes with the crisp bitterness of a Double IPA. This drinkable blend will have you HOPPING till nights end.

Added by tonistruth on 09-05-2007

3.28/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -2.5%

4.75/5  rDev +32.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Just fell flat of a full 5 points across the board. Hard to place the particular reason... I think it’s just because it falls short of Hi-Res Triple IPA by Sixpoint.

This beer is definitely delicious, with a good body. Carmelized pear notes up front, excellent initial sweetness. The taste finishes with a dry pineyness as expected from the additional hopping. Overall, I’d purchase again without hesitation!

3.5/5  rDev -2.5%

4.49/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Costco in several Southern California communities now carries this TIPA in sixer cans for $10.99 plus tax. Each can is 1 pint (16 oz.) -- much larger than the average 12 oz. can. What a deal! Forget buying bombers. Buy the cans instead -- the flavor and freshness of this beer in cans are superbly preserved compared to bombers. Night and day difference between the cans and bottles. Left Coast Brewing Co. hails from San Clemente, CA.

This TIPA pours a clear orange with moderate carbonation. 1 finger of white foam. Good lacing and retention. The smell is citrus (orange), resinous pine and hops. Very good smell. The taste is identical to the smell -- citrus, resinous pine and bitter hops, all supported by a moderate malt backbone. A very well-balanced TIPA -- not too bitter (or harsh) and not overly sweet.

Excellent TIPA for an excellent price. Kudos to Left Coast Brewing. I'll bet hard cash that every reviewer who tried Hop Juice and gave it a bad review, tried it from a bomber bottle instead of a can. Try the can and you'll understand the difference. Otherwise, it's entirely possible that Left Coast Brewing perfected it brewing recipe for this TIPA within the past year. Regardless, this is currently an excellent TIPA and well worth drinking.

3.85/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.79/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.65/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

L: half-finger-width head over murky, peach colored body
S: subdued malty, hoppy aroma
T: initial watery taste quickly unfolds into bouquet of zesty hops and malts. For a 10% IPA, it’s surprisingly light tasting
M: medium-bodied with lingering tang on the palate
O: a drinkable, piney IPA that’s surpsingingly strong

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

3.56/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bought 6, 3rd bottle upon opening, spewed like old faithful.
Luckily I was by my sink. Tasted as the others before. Nice amber hue, piney nose, light citrusy aroma. Malt prevalent. Smooth mouth feel, 10%ABV is there, in a good way. After taste is slightly resinous, I liked it. Overall, pleasant, not boring. Would certainly buy again.

4.53/5  rDev +26.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

4.34/5  rDev +20.9%

4.42/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Hey! I bought this on a whim, and it didn't stand out much. I bought this as a single 22oz bottle for $6.49 at a nearby Safeway of all places. I've been drinking a lot of IPAs, including double IPA beers. This is a Triple IPA, and that caught my fancy. With my first few drinks, this became my new favorite beer. Immediately, I felt the initial buzz.
10% alc. by volume? Absolutely!
This is a dank beer, these 5 hops really did get me hopping! It claims an IBU of 100, and for the first time I started to question the scheme of things. I drank this with little issue, and it's light crystal malt flavor rounded out to a swell beer that brought much peace. I've bought this a couple times, and I cannot be disappointed. A bit expensive for my taste, but I can't help but part with my b extra dollars to enjoy this one. The first poured drink and smell was average. Definitely an IPA, but really not notable, any which way. But the taste was so good, a generally hoppy IPA, and a triple, but with a nice rounded malty edge, like I mentioned, that made it almost sessionable, with notes of green leaves at first, but complete with a smooth bitter refreshing Seltzer. Understand that with 10% it must be heavy, and too alcoholic to drink too much of. I must admit, compared to a light beer, this will seem syrupy. But as a whole, you will find this to be more than satisfying, given the opportunity. My local breweries will currently be aside whilst I enjoy the Hop Juice... a couple more times! Mmh!

3.82/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

2.88/5  rDev -19.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Eh, as far as Triple IPA's go this one is alright. Got as a present. Hoppy, and I love the Mosaic hops. As far as labeling, I don't know why these breweries feel the need to print their damn politics on the friggin' label. Just brew the damn beer. "People that go left are in their right mind"? Really. Although I expect that in bankrupt California.

4.42/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Hop Juice "Triple IPA" tastes more like a DIPA to me. Last time I had this beer was from a bomber and I remember it having more flavor. The can says 10% but it doesn't feel like it, I'm not a real fanatic of the IPAs in a can, I prefer me a bomber! Overall this is a great tasting IPA, Cheers!

3.69/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours moderate golden yellow-brown with minimal head and lacing into flight glass. Smell of of balanced malts and fruits. Taste is as follows but thicker. Balanced bitter hops, tobacco, and malt notes. Very drinkable and smooth, although everything blends together tightly and nothing is very clearly defined. Well done.

3.93/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

6/26/17 - On tap at TRIA in Philly and served in their signature "T" tall stemmed glass. Golden rust copper color with 3/4 inch white head. Color matches the wooden bar and enhanced by the white marble tap wall. Nice aroma and spicier-than-expecting first taste. Lace rings after each sip. Quick swirl brings back the head. Taste is so good. Surprisingly good, really. While I believe there is only one true "Triple IPA" (which is much younger than this), Left Coast has done a great job here. I hope to visit their surf shop soon

3.96/5  rDev +10.3%

3.54/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This was a decent beer, but it lacked something to balance out that high ABV. A bit too one-dimensional.

4.09/5  rDev +13.9%

Pours an average light amber color, aroma is pine and citrus heavy, taste is a bit light for a triple IPA. This beer was recommended to me, and it is quite good, but I want more bitter hoppiness to make me hoppy. Still enjoyable though.

3.84/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.62/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.61/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Picked up a six pack of 16 oz cans from my local Grocery Outlet and placed them in the fridge for latter enjoyment. The 16 oz can was the selling point for me since i am not familiar with this brewing company and figured I'd get more bang for the buck. Poured from the can into my trusty glass mug. Basic amber in colour with a off white head and some nice lacing. Smells of sharp hops and a little citrus. Tastes more straight forward hops than anything else. Very piney with just a hint of citrus rind. A decent IPA with some kick to it, I was 32 oz into my six pack when I realized that this beer is 10% abv. Make sure your snacking on something when drinking this one. Prost!

Left Coast Hop Juice from Left Coast Brewing Company