Left Coast Hop Juice | Left Coast Brewing Company

Left Coast Hop JuiceLeft Coast Hop Juice

Left Coast Brewing Company
leftcoastbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

At Left Coast Brewing Co. we pride ourselves on being one of the pioneers of Double IPA style craft beer. This hop monster uses Premium American 2– Row and a touch of light crystal malt to create a solid malt foundation. Five different Hop Varieties are used in the Hop Juice. It spends two weeks dry hopping in fermenter contributing to its great hop aroma. Starts out sweet and finishes with the crisp bitterness of a Double IPA. This drinkable blend will have you HOPPING till nights end.

Added by tonistruth on 09-05-2007

3.79/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

4.53/5  rDev +26.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

4.42/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Hey! I bought this on a whim, and it didn't stand out much. I bought this as a single 22oz bottle for $6.49 at a nearby Safeway of all places. I've been drinking a lot of IPAs, including double IPA beers. This is a Triple IPA, and that caught my fancy. With my first few drinks, this became my new favorite beer. Immediately, I felt the initial buzz.
10% alc. by volume? Absolutely!
This is a dank beer, these 5 hops really did get me hopping! It claims an IBU of 100, and for the first time I started to question the scheme of things. I drank this with little issue, and it's light crystal malt flavor rounded out to a swell beer that brought much peace. I've bought this a couple times, and I cannot be disappointed. A bit expensive for my taste, but I can't help but part with my b extra dollars to enjoy this one. The first poured drink and smell was average. Definitely an IPA, but really not notable, any which way. But the taste was so good, a generally hoppy IPA, and a triple, but with a nice rounded malty edge, like I mentioned, that made it almost sessionable, with notes of green leaves at first, but complete with a smooth bitter refreshing Seltzer. Understand that with 10% it must be heavy, and too alcoholic to drink too much of. I must admit, compared to a light beer, this will seem syrupy. But as a whole, you will find this to be more than satisfying, given the opportunity. My local breweries will currently be aside whilst I enjoy the Hop Juice... a couple more times! Mmh!

3.82/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

2.88/5  rDev -19.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Eh, as far as Triple IPA's go this one is alright. Got as a present. Hoppy, and I love the Mosaic hops. As far as labeling, I don't know why these breweries feel the need to print their damn politics on the friggin' label. Just brew the damn beer. "People that go left are in their right mind"? Really. Although I expect that in bankrupt California.

4.42/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Hop Juice "Triple IPA" tastes more like a DIPA to me. Last time I had this beer was from a bomber and I remember it having more flavor. The can says 10% but it doesn't feel like it, I'm not a real fanatic of the IPAs in a can, I prefer me a bomber! Overall this is a great tasting IPA, Cheers!

3.93/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

6/26/17 - On tap at TRIA in Philly and served in their signature "T" tall stemmed glass. Golden rust copper color with 3/4 inch white head. Color matches the wooden bar and enhanced by the white marble tap wall. Nice aroma and spicier-than-expecting first taste. Lace rings after each sip. Quick swirl brings back the head. Taste is so good. Surprisingly good, really. While I believe there is only one true "Triple IPA" (which is much younger than this), Left Coast has done a great job here. I hope to visit their surf shop soon

3.96/5  rDev +10.3%

3.54/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This was a decent beer, but it lacked something to balance out that high ABV. A bit too one-dimensional.

3.84/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.62/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -2.5%

3.71/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.84/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a lovely clear golden color with a fluffy white head that laces well. Smells of piney and citrus goodness with hints of tropical fruit. Taste is similar with the emphasis on the pine and citrus, and some alcohol flavor comes through. Feel is medium bodied, good carbonation, bitter, and plenty of alcohol warmth. Overall, this is a decent TIPA and one that got me into them long ago. Nice to revisit this beer, but might not again for a while. First run on the canning line, hopefully they'll dial it in a bit more. Cheers!

4.1/5  rDev +14.2%

4.03/5  rDev +12.3%

3.38/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.97/5  rDev +10.6%