Trestles | Left Coast Brewing Company

TrestlesTrestles

Left Coast Brewing Company
leftcoastbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Trestles is in the style of an American IPA. 2-row malt and imported light crystal malt create the nice color and clean finish. We use CTZ and Chinook hops in this beer following it up with a dry hop of Simcoe and Centennial in the fermenter bringing out a citrus aroma. Trestles IPA is light bodied, clean and pleasantly hoppy.

Added by imagese on 02-22-2011

Liked:
3.57/5
Alströms:

3.74/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Decent IPA with a name synonymous with surfing...

I surf, I love to surf. I love to surf probably as much as I love craft beer. So when I come across this brew named after one of the meccas for surfing in the US, I had to grab it. It was an IPA, a style that admittedly I'm not necessarily into, but one that I believe I appreciate a good IPA. This is so named IPA is decent. Nice orange-hued coloring with little head and a fruity orange smell to go with it's appearance. The mouthfeel was light-bodied but mostly also-ran and the taste was mostly hoppy, while missing those fruit notes of orange to the tongue. Not one of the better IPAs I've had to date but as I already mentioned a couple of time - definitely decent.

look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Mild, malt-forward taste that pours a dark gold, amber ish color. Head retention was beautiful, thick creamy head that stuck around. Not as aromatic or hoppy. Mild bitter after taste that ends smooth and easy to drink. Mild citrus notes. Not aggressive at all.
Worth a try.

3.32/5  rDev -7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Always has been my least favorite Left Coast beer. Still is. Slight citrus and pine. Nothing special about it, and a butter bomb in no time flat. Cheers.

4.3/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

2.61/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

4.75/5  rDev +33.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

3.54/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.91/5  rDev +9.5%

3.25/5  rDev -9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.25/5  rDev +19%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.57/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -23%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

One of my favorite places to scour in PHL is Monde Market on 23rd Street. They always seem to have a great selection, almost everything is available as a single & the staff marvels as I fill my backpack with CANs to take away for The CANQuest (tm).

From the CAN: "Trestles IPA is light bodied, clean and pleasantly hoppy. Simcoe and Centennial hops contribute to its great citrus aroma and flavor. Trestles is a great easy drinking IPA."; "Family owned and operated in the iconic surfside town of San Clemente, CA."; "People that go Left are in their right mind."; "Best when enjoyed within 30 days of purchase."

The Crack! released some foaming through the vent so I decided to allow it some settling time of its own to reflect on its behavior. I finally had my fill of its overfull antics and began the Glug, albeit a gentle one. This resulted in a finger-and-a-half of puffy, tawny head that slowly fell back, leaving nice lacing in its wake. Color was a slightly hazy Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) and I CAN't help but wonder if it might have clarified if I had waited longer. Nose had the characteristic grapefruit citrusiness common to many AIPAs, leading me to get my hopes up. Or is it my hops up? Bottoms up! Mouthfeel was medium, but with a good bit of carbonation. The taste had that graininess that comes from oversaturating a beer with dry hops as well as an overwhelming bitterness. I was not finding this to be "pleasantly hoppy." In fact, it was just the opposite - unbalanced in terms of its hoppiness. I know that I am supposed to be a self-avowed, self-described hophead, but I also know what I like, and this was not it. Finish had a lingering, unabating bitterness & I was ready for a water as a chaser. Definitely a one & done!

3.64/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.68/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.4/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.69/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.6/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.06/5  rDev -14.3%

3.68/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.44/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.38/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Trestles from Left Coast Brewing Company