Birra Moretti Red Ale | Birra Moretti (Heineken)

Awaiting More Ratings

Birra Moretti (Heineken)
Italy
birramoretti.it

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by adamette on 06-30-2009

2.75/5  rDev +3.8%

2.5/5  rDev -5.7%

3.5/5  rDev +32.1%

3.5/5  rDev +32.1%

1.98/5  rDev -25.3%

APPEARANCE = nice dark reddish color. ead retention is high. It was poured into a pilsner glass.

SMELL = Not impressed. For a red ale, it had a skunk smell to it. Thanks to BA, I found out it was a Heineken product. That explains the skunk.

TASTE = Taste like it smelled, Skunk.

MOUTHFEEL = Well carbonated, not too coarse. Has a bit more body than most red ales.

DRINKABILITY = Would not have another one, but drinkable.

3.2/5  rDev +20.8%

Enjoyed by me on tap in Rome, Italy during a recent trip. I did not find this beer listed on BA (I found Birra Morretti La Rossa but that was a different beer and I later tasted and rated that one as well). Anyway, poured into a Birra Morretti mug.

A Light brown head over nice translucent red ale body. Kind of basic.

S Nice amber like smell, appropriate to the style but not much else.

T Moderate amber taste. Not weak like the standard Birra Moretti. Nice amber malt and appropriate to the style.

M Light to moderate.

D Very good. I will finish the mug with no problem.

Notes: Nice to have on draft in Italia! I do not know the ABV.

Birra Moretti Red Ale from Birra Moretti (Heineken)