Birra Moretti | Birra Moretti (Heineken)

poor

Ratings: 1,343 |  Reviews: 483

3.75/5  rDev +27.6%

3.25/5  rDev +10.5%

2.25/5  rDev -23.5%

Went out for some pizza on my wife's birthday and saw this one on tap. I think this may be my first from Italy. Came out a pale straw yellow with a thin white head on top. Nose is straw, lemon zest, grains.

Thinner body, but amply carbonated. Decent crisp refreshing feel. Simple flavors white bread, lemon, a bit of lime, simple grains. This was decently refreshing and went quite well with my pizza. Nothing I'd go out of my way to get, but nothing I'd turn down either.

3.11/5  rDev +5.8%

Overall, this beer is pleasing yellow color and white lace with a satisfyingly failure smell and taste similar to that of Heineken in my younger years. In short, it’s an average strong hoppy bitterness that stands out the most, yet strangely works well with pizza.

3.5/5  rDev +19%

3.13/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.94/5  rDev 0%

3.5/5  rDev +19%

2.25/5  rDev -23.5%

2.88/5  rDev -2%

One of my beer buddies brought over a six pack of this and I saved one to write a review. Mama mia!

-Appearance 3.0: Golden color. Poured out with an average, 1/4" head that quickly faded and left some swirling on top. Lots of CO2 carbo bubbles all over.

-Smell 2.5: Almost a typical washed-out, lagery hop aroma, but this beer has the unfortunate addition of an unpleasant skunkiness. It is light and if one was not the recipient of other bad experiences with The Skunk, one might not notice, but I have dealt with The Skunk...and I noticed.

-Taste 3.0: Front is blank, just cool liquid. Middle is slightly malty and hoppy, but it is very, very restrained. Finish is where the hops really creep in and even at that it is nothing spectacular. Aftertaste is where I tasted corn and some other adjuncts, along with a nice hoppiness that saved this beer from a lower rating.

-Mouthfeel 3.0: Pretty typical CO2 carboed mouthfeel.

-Overall 3.0: Standard -and slightly below, in some aspects-- Euro-lager. This would be a good beer with food and is completely sessionable, but is just kind of...blah. I checked the price on a six pack of this and it was -are you sitting down?-- $9.00 in the ATL area. Just craziness. you could get a 12 pack of Labatt's for that at some places. OK beer, but just not worth the price here in the USA. If I'm ever in Italy, however... . ;)

3.25/5  rDev +10.5%

Birra Moretti from Birra Moretti (Heineken)