Birra Moretti | Birra Moretti (Heineken)

poor

Added by Todd on 06-17-2001

Ratings: 1,344 |  Reviews: 483

2.8/5  rDev -4.8%

Past its best before date.. BBD: 01-2021

Very, very pale with a foamy white head. Big visible carbonation.

Slight hops, slight grain, slight citrus, hay. Not too bad.

A light flavour. Light malts, light hops but quite metallic (could be the hops though). Not much to tell. Decent.
Thin mouthfeel with medium carbonation.

Decent lager.

1.25/5  rDev -57.5%

1.5/5  rDev -49%

2.26/5  rDev -23.1%

330 mL bottle, with meaningless code stamped on label. how about a date?

appears very pale yellow, with thin white head. clear. like most crappy pale lagers - aroma and taste are muted but flavors of corn and grass are there. watery, bland, grainy, earthy. thin body, fizzy higher carbonation.

overall - no better than the average American adjunct lager. why import this all the way from Italy?

3.03/5  rDev +3.1%

11.2 fl oz, poured into a tall pilsner glass.

I worked both days this weekend, then had the mentally taxing task of helping my sister with Microsoft Excel. It's definitely time for a beer... or eight.

A: I'm surprised; I expected it to be yellow gold in color, but it's actually golden amber. I've been hoodwinked! Kidding. The head is wheat in color, goes to 2 cm with a strong pour, but does not last for even a minute. Nice bubbles as well; it's got a chance.

S: It certainly smells like a Euro Pale Lager - slight hops, slight grass, slight citrus fruit, kind oF lemony, but I expect it to taste more like grapefruit. I'm guardedly optimistic.

T: Moment of truth, everyone... as the Buckinghams sing, it's kind of a drag. It confirms everything I smelled, proportionally oka, but man, it's really watery. I would actually use this to put out a fire, without bothering to look for actual water.

M: After such a crushing disappointment in taste, I have to be fair on mouthfeel. It has the ABV of a session beer, so expectations need to be adjusted. It's light-bodied, well-carbonated, but I can't let go of the wateriness on the palate. It's quite plain.

O: This beer went down in seconds; usually, I want to enjoy drinking a beer, but I wanted this one down so I can try the next one. Not bad for what it is, but there are lots of better choices.

Photo of
2.5/5  rDev -15%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.5/5  rDev +19%

Birra Moretti from Birra Moretti (Heineken)