Kings Blackout Lager | San Pedro Brewing Company

1 Rating

San Pedro Brewing Company
sanpedrobrewing.com

Style: Schwarzbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DoubleJ on 06-01-2012

2.85/5  rDev 0%

Somebody cares about hockey, as this beer is named after the LA Kings. As a bonus, as the Kings continue to make their push towards winning the Stanley Cup, this beer runs for $3.75 a pint all the time. But I had a sampler, not a pint, so let's go on to the beer:

Nearly black with cola brown hues. There's little head retention, and the lace is minimal. The nose is very sweet, like cola. This reminds me much of those Brazilian "malzbiers" I've had, and those beer are SWEET. To be fair, the taste isn't as sweet as the nose. The palate brings us the flavors of a few drips of roasted coffee, and some chocolate to the mix. It's light bodied, offering a low level of carbonation.

While Blackout Lager isn't going to remind you of Kostrizer or Midnight Expressions, I do have to tip my hat to San Pedro Brewing for brewing an uncommon brewpub style. It's okay overall.

Kings Blackout Lager from San Pedro Brewing Company