Pardon My French | Silver Moon Brewing

Added by ccrida on 04-30-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.03/5  rDev +8.6%

On tap at Bier Stein the other day.

The beer pours a fairly dark copper color with pretty decent head retention and fair lacing. The nose is interesting and enicing in this one, as I get some lemon zest, tea aromas, madarin orange and light tropical fruit. The flavor profile replicates the nose pretty closely, though I didn't feel as if there was quite as much going on when dinking this moderately sweet beer. There seemed to also be sometihng of an underlying "wheatiness" flavor that was a bit unexpected as well. Mouthfeel was medium bodied, with a fairly long finish. The beer had just enough bitterness at the end to help balance out the sweetness in this beer. Alcohol was pretty much undetectable, and I thought drinkability was pretty high.

I found this to be an enjoyable, easy to understand and appreciate beer from Silver Moon. I'd definitely order this again some time. Very nice...

3.75/5  rDev +1.1%

3.75/5  rDev +1.1%

3.32/5  rDev -10.5%

On draught at Bailey's Taproom , imperial pint. Apperence is dark, dull copper, with a small off-white head.

Smell is malty, caramel, some grape esters. Faint ethanol.

Taste is similarly muddled, malt and yeast. Moderate bitterness. Taste is generally true to style, but it's underwhelming.

Mouthful is on the heavy, flabby side.

Drinkability is ok. Kind of a meh beer. I like the Belgian esters, but the overall execution is muddy.

Pardon My French from Silver Moon Brewing