Innis & Gunn Bourbon Stout | Innis & Gunn

4.92/5  rDev +37%

4.83/5  rDev +34.5%

4.8/5  rDev +33.7%

4.75/5  rDev +32.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I found this to be a really well done bourbon oak-aged stout. Glad I had the chance to try this one.

4.62/5  rDev +28.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I recently had this stout while out with our family. Man I was so happy with the flavor which almost trended to a sweet finish. Sharing the bottle with the rest of the crew they also gave two thumbs up. The nose was delightfully full and very similar to the taste. Try this I think you will like it unless you like a sweeter finish.

4.56/5  rDev +27%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

This Beer Is Way Undervalued!!!

4.33/5  rDev +20.6%

4.29/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Bourbon is my favorite spirit and stouts are my favorite beer, so it's no supreme I really enjoyed this. Strong bourbon smell but the taste is a chocolate stout with the bourbon coming on after swallowed.

4.25/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

After sampling the excellent Original and then the curiously subdued Rum Cask version, I finished off the holiday gift pack with this - a return to the silky-smooth, flavor burst of vanilla and fresh-cut oak staves.

Used-motor-oil sooty-red in color with an open foam structure that doesn't support head retention, poured into a snifter, the aforementioned redolent vanilla and a soft syrupy roasted malt aroma burst forth quite invitingly. These and the oak radiate with exceeding-moderate intensity, with esters well-developed but in check on the edges and a surprising yet mellow earthy hop flavor and bitterness to balance, yet nearly entirely absent of any unmistakable bourbon character.

With a lovely fullish, viscous yet vanishing texture, the beer overall caught me off-guard with just how moreish and enjoyable it was. In hindsight, I can say I am relieved that this wasn't a bourbon-bomb - not even close. This is yet another satisfying, uniquely distinctive ale from Innis & Gunn and, after sampling this entire set, I am sold on trying more of their products. Their beers have a refined, characteristic British taste to them - which is right up my alley.

Innis & Gunn Bourbon Stout from Innis & Gunn