All Seeing (Eye) PA | Independence Brewing Co.

3.84/5

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by 2xHops on 08-10-2011

Reviews by bentwookie:

3.98/5  rDev +3.6%

I happened to discover this beer at Red's Porch. It appears that this beer is part of Independence Brewing's Brewluminati series, and was brewed to celebrate the company's 1,000th brew.

I was served this beer in a small snifter glass, and the appearance looks delicious.

S: It smells good, but my nose's not refined enough to pick up on the nuances of the smell.

Taste: The bitterness of the beer is decisively present, but it's quite smooth, and for me, with a hint of tangy kick to it. It's much more refined than a typical IPA, which is why Imperial/Double IPA is one of my favorite styles of beer.

Mouthfeel: the beer doesn't overpower you, even though it's a strong IPA. Naturally, I'm biased, because it's something I like, but as far as Imperial IPAs, this is what I expected.

Overall, it's my understanding that this is a limited production beer, and there's no information about whether this will become a seasonal fare that we can pick up at the bars?

It's quite nice that I get to taste an Imperial IPA produced by a local brewery, and I hope many of you will have a chance to taste this one.

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

All Seeing (Eye) PA from Independence Brewing Co.