GFYPA | Five Seasons Prado

Five Seasons Prado
Georgia, United States
5seasonsbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by sammy44 on 04-05-2006

Reviews by aracauna:
3.7/5  rDev -9.3%

Ok, I’ve had this more than once and can’t figure out why I haven’t rated it yet. I was positive I had. Hazy copper with a good head. The aroma is definitely big hops. Citrusy hops and a bit of honey and caramel from the malt. The flavor is a bit reserved for an IIPA, but solid and actually makes it a little more drinkable. Good stuff.

4.34/5  rDev +6.4%

This beer was served at the beginning of spring at 5 seasons. The name stands for Good For You Pale Ale and is a massive double IPA. I don't know the alcohol content but it was on up there. The beer was a deep amber color with a thin white head. This was one beer that you could definitely find in the dark because of the massive hop aroma. The taste was more balanced than a lot of IPA's which was good for me. The mouthfeel was good and heavy but I had to knock off some of the drinkability as this beer was STRONG.

4.2/5  rDev +2.9%

This was served during the sping of 2006. I truly enjoy well balanced IPAs and this is one of the good ones. Arrives with a nice head. A strong hoppy aroma and taste is balanced with a roasty malt flavor. This is a big beer that should be savored over time and not gulped down. I look forward to when Glen brews this one again.

GFYPA from Five Seasons Prado