Fat Gary's Nut Brown Ale | East End Brewing Company

Liked:
3.66/5
Alströms:

4.94/5  rDev +35%

Fat Gary's Nut Brown Ale Style: brown ale, ABV. - %3.8 IBU's are not listed on their website, must be low

Appearance: dark brown, mahogany, tan head with good lacing.
Nose: There is a malty sweetness, nutty smell, but not very pungent.
Moulth: A bit thicker than a light colored ale but, nice and smooth going down.
Flavor: Slightyly sweet with a bit of caramel, toffee and butterscotch. It has a nutty, very malty smoothness. There is an aftertaste, but it is more of the malts and sweetness. There is not alot of bitterness going on just smooth as silk. I am thinking it is low on the IBU scale, 15?
Overall: I had this at the Rumfish Grille in Bridgeville, P.A. The place is very island themed and I might do a review on that place because I had a few things to say on that. It was a nice atmosphere and forunately they
had Fat Gary on tap. I was a bit hesitant because I tend to steer away from brown ales, but I tried a sample
at first. I did like it and when I ordered a full glass I really liked it. It has that smooth malty sweetness that I like
with the nutty flavor that I have always wanted to taste in a brown ale. I did not notice that it was low ABV.'s actually when I checked the website and found out I was surprised. The flavor is just as good as the higher ABV beers for certain. I am gonna have to get this again, cheers!!!

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

4.5/5  rDev +23%

Good overall taste. I have gotten this a few times and will definitely get it again

4.5/5  rDev +23%

4.29/5  rDev +17.2%

This is the first draft beer from our new kegerator at our house. Pretty stoked about that.

A: Murky, deep brown. Fluffy, off-white head. Still dialing in the CO2 pressure, so maybe a little fluffier than usual?

S: Clean. Malty, some subtle hops in there. Kind of smells like clean soil, walnuts. Earthy smelling. Nice.

T: More of the walnut thing, slightly bitter. Some hoppy flavor which balances everything out nicely. Very little alcohol obviously, so no flavors from that or affiliated esthers.

M: Still clean. Not cloying like some examples of this style have been in my opinion. Just there and then finishes dry.

D: This was initially a session ale for EEBC, so it's obviously one of the more drinkable beers around. Low alcohol, dry, sessionable in a big way.

Photo of
4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

Comes out of the tap a rich warm brown, barely translucent, with a fairly thick pale tan head. Aroma is rich and malty with hints of cinnamon, smoke and caramel. Flavor is mainly malty and has nutty, smoky and spicy tones - one can really taste how the malt is roasted. Texture is smooth and very pleasing.

4.23/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.21/5  rDev +15%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.15/5  rDev +13.4%

A: Nice amber color. Pours with a cream colored head. Some lacing.

S: A bit of vanilla and a touch of smoke.

T: I didn't expect much from this beer, however the rich toasted malt was strong and delicious! Lots of caramel and sweet smoky malt.

M: The mouth-feel is a bit thinner than I would like in this style. Rolls off the tongue a little too clean for a brown ale.

D: This a very drinkable beer. It is a very nice balance to the IPA craze going on. Pick up a growler of Big Hop along with it and you are sure to please your friends.

4.15/5  rDev +13.4%

Thanks Uncle Buck for getting one of these for me tonight! Really enjoyed it. Great smooth taste....really only 3.6% ABV? Have a tough time believing. Still nice and tasty. Would like to get more of this in Beaver County. Always happy to support the local brew. Nice malt flavor and a near perfect mouthfeel.

4.05/5  rDev +10.7%

Pours a very nice deep brown with very good head and very nice lacing. It has a wonderful deep scent, dark and heavy, with great malt tones, without being unbalanced. Great taste, very deep, too, with a great nutty flavor and a nice dark malt flavor, without being too sweet. It goes down extremely well.

(Found in Ren Faire notes from August 2007)

look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This one grew on me. At first there is nothing special, but that's really the point. It's not overpowering and is just right. Not too much of anything.

An overall good beer that isn't in the sterotype of small craft brews. Very drinkable and tasty.

Fat Gary's Nut Brown Ale from East End Brewing Company