Miller Fortune | Miller Brewing Co.

poor
Miller FortuneMiller Fortune

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

"Spirited Golden Lager. Open Pandora's Bottle."

Added by RonaldTheriot on 01-15-2014

1.43/5  rDev -46.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.5/5  rDev -43.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.75/5  rDev +3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This is Miller's answer to AB Black Crown. It's not as good....But, much better than lower tier American adjunct brews. It rates an "okay" from me. This beer.. ."Poor" compared to the other 'poors" BA rates in this category is WAY unfair. Yes , it is a malty non-hoppy ale. Seems the hoppy beers win the higher ratings. Try it and see what you think?

1.68/5  rDev -37.1%

2.93/5  rDev +9.7%

This beer is strong and boozy tasting, I do not like this at all. It is not good

1.95/5  rDev -27%

2.12/5  rDev -20.6%

Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer
Appearance: Light yellow, big white foam
Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else
Taste: not really great, watery
Mouth feel: very carbonated
Overall: good beer, repeat: no look for: no
drank:

2.21/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

3.58/5  rDev +34.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

1.98/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

4.32/5  rDev +61.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

3.76/5  rDev +40.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

I will start with this: I am in no way am double choco ipa whatever you have beer that's one off and $12 for a 4 pack of 6-7% abv beer. I like beer (dark lagers the best). I do not care for over hopped and over flavored beers. Hell, I like putting a lime wedge or two into my Modelo Especials or Corona Extras. This rating is to my taste.
Miller Fortune: made by the people who brought us Miller Lite (my favorite macro light beer). This beer is not bad. The bottles I have are dated JUL0416. I got a 6 pack for $7.49 a week ago (not a big seller in Jacksonville I guess) and now I'm trying it for the first time since I've been 21.
The is beer is actually not bad for the price. It's pushing 7% abv, damn near double your average light beer for $1.50 more a 6-pack. It has a malt start (reminiscent of Shiner Bock but a bit more tarty, but somehow sweet still), followed by an alcoholic bite (hardly) and finishes somewhat grainy, somewhat hoppy (barely). It leaves a small aftertaste for a few seconds and leaves. It tastes like beer, is moderately priced, and packs a punch that some wines don't even add up to. And dare I say, it's not $12 for 4, but 2 extra beers for $4.50 less? Yes, I will buy this beer again, but not often. It's not that it is a bad beer, it is a very good attempt from Miller, but Budweiser Black Crown is the class this beer is in, and Bud Black, to me is slightly better. It could be because the Millers I got were old and Bud Black has always been over a month from their freshness date, I don't know. But I will definitely try this brew again once I find a fresher bottle. Overall a 4.0. I take it over any ipa (aside from Shiner Wicked Ram, which is less available than this) any day of the week, and for a fraction of the cost of the more pricey double minute whatever the fuck ipa's.

2.53/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.04/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.61/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.82/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

2.35/5  rDev -12%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.3/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

The beer is golden and clear. You can see the carbonation rising quickly to the thick white head that disappeared rather quickly. You can smell the strong scent of alcohol with some spicy hops and a bready malt smell. I get a sweet bread flavor followed quickly by strong alcohol flavor and then a spicy hops flavor to balance it out. I don't sense any complicated flavors. The beer is light bodied and the finish is moderate. The carbonation combines with the spicy hops to really make a nice mouth feel.

3.06/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Why, oh why, did they bother?

I've said this before, Hell, I've even said it in public . . . this stuff actually tastes good, for what it is. What it isn't is cheap enough (around here anyway) to tempt me to try more than the few I've already had. Good effort, no cigar.

Buy the cans only, if you must.

Miller Fortune from Miller Brewing Co.