Miller Fortune

Jan 15, 2014
SCORE
Poor
Miller FortuneMiller Fortune
Notes: Spirited Golden Lager. Open Pandora's Bottle.
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

Rated: 2.75 by Jcal2023 from Pennsylvania

Jul 30, 2021

Rated: 2.5 by Chipwells from Georgia

Feb 02, 2021

Rated: 1.5 by RiceOwls27 from Texas

Apr 13, 2020
Reviewed by Nass from Florida

2.6/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5
This is one that I had a few years ago & since Miller is a popular beer brand, I decided to give it a score. I tasted a lot of corn going on, it was okay but I still would prefer some Miller High Life over this product. Cheers! C
Feb 02, 2019

Rated: 3.34 by Grupatre from Michigan

Feb 17, 2018
Rated by BenHoppy from Michigan

4.08/5  rDev +58.1%
Tastes good in a whiskey glass, slow sipping. Great for what it is. Cheap, strong, and tastey.
Nov 15, 2017

Rated: 1.43 by OriginalWayOut from North Carolina

Sep 13, 2017

Rated: 1.5 by caburdette51 from West Virginia

May 04, 2017
Reviewed by Hackattack from Indiana

2.75/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75
This is Miller's answer to AB Black Crown. It's not as good....But, much better than lower tier American adjunct brews. It rates an "okay" from me. This beer.. ."Poor" compared to the other 'poors" BA rates in this category is WAY unfair. Yes , it is a malty non-hoppy ale. Seems the hoppy beers win the higher ratings. Try it and see what you think?
Apr 08, 2017

Rated: 1.68 by LeoCobZar from Mexico

Apr 08, 2017

Rated: 2.93 by Dmecca from New Jersey

Mar 23, 2017
Rated by Schlitz74 from Illinois

This beer is strong and boozy tasting, I do not like this at all. It is not good
Mar 22, 2017

Rated: 1.95 by nater919 from New York

Mar 13, 2017
Reviewed by gandres from Philippines

2.12/5  rDev -17.8%
Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer
Appearance: Light yellow, big white foam
Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else
Taste: not really great, watery
Mouth feel: very carbonated
Overall: good beer, repeat: no look for: no
drank:

Rated: 2 by jbf190 from West Virginia

Jul 23, 2016
Reviewed by nbaker290 from Texas

3.76/5  rDev +45.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25
I will start with this: I am in no way am double choco ipa whatever you have beer that's one off and $12 for a 4 pack of 6-7% abv beer. I like beer (dark lagers the best). I do not care for over hopped and over flavored beers. Hell, I like putting a lime wedge or two into my Modelo Especials or Corona Extras. This rating is to my taste.
Miller Fortune: made by the people who brought us Miller Lite (my favorite macro light beer). This beer is not bad. The bottles I have are dated JUL0416. I got a 6 pack for $7.49 a week ago (not a big seller in Jacksonville I guess) and now I'm trying it for the first time since I've been 21.
The is beer is actually not bad for the price. It's pushing 7% abv, damn near double your average light beer for $1.50 more a 6-pack. It has a malt start (reminiscent of Shiner Bock but a bit more tarty, but somehow sweet still), followed by an alcoholic bite (hardly) and finishes somewhat grainy, somewhat hoppy (barely). It leaves a small aftertaste for a few seconds and leaves. It tastes like beer, is moderately priced, and packs a punch that some wines don't even add up to. And dare I say, it's not $12 for 4, but 2 extra beers for $4.50 less? Yes, I will buy this beer again, but not often. It's not that it is a bad beer, it is a very good attempt from Miller, but Budweiser Black Crown is the class this beer is in, and Bud Black, to me is slightly better. It could be because the Millers I got were old and Bud Black has always been over a month from their freshness date, I don't know. But I will definitely try this brew again once I find a fresher bottle. Overall a 4.0. I take it over any ipa (aside from Shiner Wicked Ram, which is less available than this) any day of the week, and for a fraction of the cost of the more pricey double minute whatever the fuck ipa's.
Jul 02, 2016

May 12, 2016
Reviewed by the_awesometeer from California

3.3/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25
The beer is golden and clear. You can see the carbonation rising quickly to the thick white head that disappeared rather quickly. You can smell the strong scent of alcohol with some spicy hops and a bready malt smell. I get a sweet bread flavor followed quickly by strong alcohol flavor and then a spicy hops flavor to balance it out. I don't sense any complicated flavors. The beer is light bodied and the finish is moderate. The carbonation combines with the spicy hops to really make a nice mouth feel.
Apr 16, 2016
Reviewed by Squire from Mississippi

3.06/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25
Why, oh why, did they bother?

I've said this before, Hell, I've even said it in public . . . this stuff actually tastes good, for what it is. What it isn't is cheap enough (around here anyway) to tempt me to try more than the few I've already had. Good effort, no cigar.

Buy the cans only, if you must.
Apr 15, 2016

Rated: 2.49 by Rollmeaway2loadout from Illinois

Feb 26, 2016
Reviewed by ArchimedesSox from Georgia

2.88/5  rDev +11.6%
A: Murky, reddish brown, with small off white head that disappears rather quickly, spotty lacing

S: Booziness, maybe some spice or stone fruit, also getting a caramel malt smell

T: That sweet caramel malt comes in right at the beginning. After you drink it down and some air hits your mouth I get that stone fruit that I smelled, a sweet aftertaste that Im betting comes from residual sugar they add to up the ABV.

M: Medium, sticky aftertaste

O: Not the worst beer Ive had but not the best. Just didnt do it for me. Not horrible and I would drink again if someone gave them to me but probably wont be going out to buy it again.
Feb 04, 2016

Rated: 2 by J_Monroe from Tennessee

Feb 02, 2016
Reviewed by mbender92 from Pennsylvania

3.81/5  rDev +47.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
For a relatively cheap macrobrew rated at 6.9% abv, this is most definitely an underrated beer. It tastes much better than Bud Light Platinum (6.0% abv) and is also slightly cheaper. I am no way saying this is a top of the line beer, but considering its cost, availability, unique bottle design and it's taste, I feel obligated to give it a relatively high rating. Don't let other reviews fool you, this is a beer you should at least give a shot if you are more tailored towards party drinking.
Jan 22, 2016
Miller Fortune from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 61 out of 100 with 792 ratings