Red Dog | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

2.2

1.53/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.2/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Standard domestic and cheap

1.45/5  rDev -34.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Who comes up with these names? I've never once seen a red dog.

But then I've never seen a Leprechaun wearing a green hat either. Or the St. Pauli girl in person. Ah, imagery. I suppose the Big Bad Dog is to conger up thoughts of manly drinking but real men don't drink labels, real men drink what they like. This stuff is lightly colored, lightly flavored (what flavor there is) and is beer by definition only. I don't know where we came across it but didn't remember drinking it until seeing it listed here.

I don't know anyone I dislike enough to force this on them. Now I remember why I couldn't remember it.

1.8/5  rDev -18.2%

1.34/5  rDev -39.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

2.8/5  rDev +27.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

2.07/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.23/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.3/5  rDev -40.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.11/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

While it does have great clarity, this beer also has that because of the lack of ingredients in it, its easy to have lots of clarity when you don't have lots of hops or malt in the beer. Here we are. Yellow, white head, 1/2". The aroma was offputting, some barley, but also lots of metallic hydraulic fluid remnants.

Bitter noble hops? Or high alpha acid long boil? Too much bitter for no hop flavor. Pairs well with bars that smell already.

Not impressed.

1.69/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

2.34/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.22/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.76/5  rDev +25.5%

I guess I am not a cultured beer drinker, (t here are cognac beer drinkers and regular beer drinkers) hence my user name of Swillman. I am 51 years old and thus have been drinking beer a long time. Hey, I started out on PBR pisswater, but I digress.

Most beer I have drank over the years is a pale or medium dark yellow. The pour was what I was expecting. The head did dissipate quickly, but I personally prefer that...never been one to like the foamy taste of beer.

The smell was a beer smell. Grains and hops. Yeah, buddy. The taste was light from the moment it hit my mouth and finished very smooth. How smooth? I like Natural Ice a lot and I drink it quite slowly. Red Dog was to smooth for it to be my regular beer because I ended up hammering it. Before I knew it I had drank 4 of them in the space of 90 minutes and was nicely toasted.

My attitude toward beer is the same when I was smoking, I don't spend a lot for my vices. You spent $25 for a premium brand name and got one case? I spent the same amount and got 2 30 packs of Red Dog... and a case and a half more.

I like the taste. I lived in Wisconsin for over 40 years. Maybe the beer that you compare to your local beer is a required taste. I drank MGD for years. It is not as good as MGD, but it is good by itself.

1.41/5  rDev -35.9%

This is corn water. Mouthfeel was disturbing, as it coated my tongue with something that felt greasy. It didn't give me the shits, but it did give me indigestion and I was belching this up for hours. Found it at some hole in the wall liquor store near St. Louis and decided to try it. When I was younger I remember the advertising for it, but that's neither here nor there. Avoid this as if it were the bubonic plague. The head dissipated into nothing moments after I poured it into my glass, nary a lace to be had. Smell was stale gym locker room after a football team has careened through it, leaving their equipment all over the place. This was so bad, not even my uncle wanted some, and he drinks just about anything when it comes to beer.

2.25/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.24/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.33/5  rDev -39.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

God awful brewski. If you want a headache and the shits, this is the beer for you. Only suitable for your guests whom you want to get rid of, or get even with. This is NOT the 'Nectar of the Gods'. I've been throwin' 'em down the hatch for many years, and this has got to be right up their with worst.

2.09/5  rDev -5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.4/5  rDev +54.5%

1.17/5  rDev -46.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Red Dog from Miller Brewing Co.