Icehouse | Miller Brewing Co.

awful
poor
Read the review
IcehouseIcehouse

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

America's first domestic ice beer, Icehouse is traditionally brewed, fermented and, just before aging, its temperature is lowered to below freezing. This process imparts the beer's smoothness and an alcohol content that's slightly higher (5.5% by volume) than other regular premium beer brands. Icehouse was introduced in 1993 and has reinforced its position as the ultimate beer for wind-up and pre-game occasions. Blending humor and high-energy excitement, Icehouse marketing encourages its target consumers to take occasions to the next level with a great-tasting beer.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-19-2001

Ratings: 1,241 |  Reviews: 377

not sure what problem is I DRINK THIS BEER WARM !!!!! and enjoy it very much !!!!! been drinking warm beer for several years and this by far is the best !!!!!

Perfectly carbonated for that immediate "over full" feeling upon consumption.
Pairs nicely with a brown paper bag, chicken cup-a-noodles cooked at a gas station coffee machine and poor life choices. My personal favorites.

IF IT AIN'T THE HOUSE, YOU'RE WEARIN' A BLOUSE.

Okay, so I remember beer before the era of the overly hopped craft beer. Hipsters be damned, Icehouse is a good beer, despite not being over hopped and overpriced. Beer doesn't have to be overly bitter and brewed in a bathtub to be good.

Delicious and a great alcohol content. One of my favorite cheap beers.

4.55/5  rDev +99.6%

One of my first beers, and one of my favorites in the cheapo macro category.
Look-clear yellowish-gold with a decent fluffy white head, strings of carbonation but not overcarbonated unlike most other brews in this category
Smell-sweet corn and malts, with a little hint of earthy/grassy hop
Taste-sweet grainy malts and corn, very very very little grassy hops, I think it tastes great. Imagine taking Steel Reserve, dumping half of it, and cutting it with Miller Lite. Some people on here complained about its "strong" flavor, but if you drink any other ice brew(Bud Ice, Keystone Ice, Natty Ice, Labatt Ice, Busch Ice, Genesee Ice(my other top ice brew), Busch Ice, Milwaukees Best Ice) you will find this is much lighter in taste, but that's not a bad thing. Its very crisp, smooth, and easy to drink.
Feel-crisp and smooth, the carbonation is there but not in your face bubbly. I love it.
Overall- a great super cheap brew. Back up in northern New Hampshire its 99cents a tallboy. I still think I prefer Genesee Ice over this but its still one of my favorite ice brews.

4.5/5  rDev +97.4%

4.21/5  rDev +84.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

If you're looking for the best tasting, cheap, 5.5% alcohol beer, ICEHOUSE is the best buy. It has more or a hoppy, almost citrus taste to it, whereas other ICE beers mostly taste like alcohol and water.

4.17/5  rDev +82.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Good drinking beer. Crisp very enjoyable. Price is awesome. This and Keystone Ice are my favorite ICE BEERS.

4.17/5  rDev +82.9%

Was visiting in South Carolina and picked up a can in the grocery store. I didn't get to pour into a glass so not sure about the appearance. The smell was very good and the taste was refreshing. I had only one but wished that I could have had several. Normally I like a more complex taste but on that warm day it hit the spot perfectly.

4.07/5  rDev +78.5%

This is the first time I have had this beer and I am presently surprised. After being hooked on Red Dog ( I'm strapped for cash, so cheap 40's for me!) I didn't think this would fair much better, but I have found a new love. The taste is nothing special but it does wonders after a hard day of work. Smell is pleasantly sweet and nice. I'm quite fond of this beer and will most definitely purchase Icehouse again. Good job "Plank Road."

4.05/5  rDev +77.6%

Appearance - Light golden, clear color, with a stark-white head, which is soapy on the sides and frothy on the top. The head retains very well and leaves lots of nice lacing.

Aroma - Sweetness, and that typical and inviting beer aroma. Some grassy hops, maybe? A little corn. Breadiness.

Taste - Grainy, some white breadiness from the barley, and a little bit of corn. It finishes with some hop bitterness, and a noticeable metallic note, which, while it does not spoil the experience, is not pleasant either. The overall flavor is very bold, very rich, and full.

Finish - Very dry, crisp, and refreshing. Emphasis on the dryness.

Overall - Very, very good. Much more of a bold and flavorful brew than I suspected (it was only $1 for the bottle). The only bone with this beer I have to pick is the very noticeable metallic flavor.

3.92/5  rDev +71.9%

Icehouse is a brew that is brewed by Miller Brewing Co . This brew has an ABV of 5.5% and it pours out deep amber with a nice white head. I like the color of this brew; it is not too dark but not too light. The smell is grains , malts, and some hops. This brew has the smell of an American Adjunct Lager. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. The taste is bold with flavors. You pick up on grains and malts. There is alot going on in Icehouse, it is a nice smooth ICE brew. You can pick up on the 5.50% ABv in this brew. Icehouse has that alcohol bite to it, not saying that is a bad thing. There is nothing bad about this brew. Icehouse has a nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. This is one Miller Brew that I really like. Mouthfeel is bold but clean, and smooth. I would buy this brew again. Icehouse has the look and feel of most ICE brews on the market. Now I'm not saying that is a bad thing. Miller brewing co., did a nice job with this one. Overall I'm giving Icehouse a 4 out of 5. I would buy this brew again.

3.75/5  rDev +64.5%

VEry simple beer, not bothering, but neither interesting, at least I had my beer at that moment. Foam is present, is not green, at least not remarkably, and it has bubbling, so it is a good Macro Lager after all. I am not so sure if I had tatsed it before in 1999.

3.75/5  rDev +64.5%

3.71/5  rDev +62.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%

This is a good drinking beer. It looks and smells very average has a nice flavor, and drinks well. The higher alchohol content adds to its allure. I would drink it again for sure. It is not watery like most american beers. Wish they carried it at our golf course I would drink more.

Icehouse from Miller Brewing Co.