Milwaukee's Best Ice | Miller Brewing Co.

awful
Read the review
Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

ABV increased from 5.9 to 6.9 in 2016.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

2.75/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.64/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

3.16/5  rDev +38%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

not bad at all for 97 cents a tallboy! i get a almost roasted/stout taste from this beer. only ice beer ive had that gives me that flavor. might be a go to now. local store has 12-30 packs of this as well

2.51/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.44/5  rDev +6.6%

4.9/5  rDev +114%

3.44/5  rDev +50.2%

Look - Clear yellow, two fingers of white head, surprising amount of lacing.

Smell - Light corn, metallic, faint alcohol

Taste - Corn grits, apple like sweetness, clean alcohol throughout

Feel - Not quite medium body , loads of carbonation. Tiny bit of warmth if you pay attention. Goes down like angry water.

Overall - One of the best ice beers in my opinion. Gives a malt liquor vibe while being a few dimes cheaper. Enjoyable.

1.59/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

So I'm on a macro brew kick. I'm not sure why. I tried the MB red last night, and it was surprisingly not terrible. I am so over ice beer but this is what is in my mason jar. Let's do this.

Dark urine color with lots of foamy head that dies slower than I figured. Nose sours as it sits a little. Serious adjunct action.

Taste is pretty bad. Sour and grainy with a booze and metal aftertaste. Yeah, this is pretty bad. I enjoy lots of macro brew in the proper context, but this would be no fun in any situation I've ever been in. So glad I only got one (albeit a 24oz). Pretty damn close to undrinkable.

4.72/5  rDev +106.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Since I discovered it ,it's my go to beer. Not to hoppy ,not to grainy,doesn't taste watered down, and abv perfect. This beer really reminds me of Strohs beer of the 60's( when beer was beer), not the junk big brewers are giving us now. This beer holds it's carbonation a long time in the glass , it doesn't quit it's bubbles in two minutes like most beers today. Dollar for dollar and ounce for ounce, this is the best beer on the market. This is old school good! Go ahead, pay more for something else if it makes you feel good, but this make me feel good.

2.14/5  rDev -6.6%

Pours a shade of dark urine with a very thin head into my glass. Sweet and grainy malt in the nose. Sickening sweet malt upfront with no hop character. Finishes weak. I suppose the saving grace is that it's $1.29 a can and well, you could do so much better. Just another week until payday.

2.95/5  rDev +28.8%

32oz can BB 5/1/17 poured into a fishbowl glass at fridge temp. Pours a pleasant golden copper color with short lived white head. It does manage to keep a paper thin head as it's consumed. Smell is just a hint of sweetness & corn. I would normally put a can of ice beer/malt liquor in the freezer for 20 minutes before consuming which would eliminate any smell. Taste is sweet & corn with a slight sourness on the back end that I do not care for. Mouthfeel is sharp carbonation followed by a very heavy soapy/oily film on the mouth. Overall, this beer will serve a purpose. I paid $2.34 for a quart and will be feeling it when I'm done. I do believe there are better options in the low cost AAL world, and I will keep looking.

2.28/5  rDev -0.4%

4.4/5  rDev +92.1%

This has become my beer of choice since the 6.9% abv was put in place late last year. The price at my local store did not even go up, it still sits at $17.99 for a 30 pack which is an amazing deal. I did the math, there is 734.85mL of pure alcohol in a 30 pack of Milwaukee's Best Ice. There is only 700mL of pure alcohol in a standard 1.75L bottle of liquor at 40% abv making the beer a more economical choice especially if your spirit of choice is above $17.99 (which my go to $19.99 bacard rum is).

Simply a very good beer at a very good price!

Hey, Where can you get 24 ounces of beer for 99 cents? I've been drinking this for 10 years or more.Sometimes more than I should, but it's a good buzz. With the alcohol increase, it's even better. Micro beers are overpriced and gross tasting. I'm an old time drinker,(red,white and blue,Colt 45, SML, Schmidts,Sheaffer,Old Milwaukee, damn that one cost me a divorce, oh well. Enjoy!

3.3/5  rDev +44.1%

1.89/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 4 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.36/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

4.72/5  rDev +106.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

The scores I gave above are for the Milwaukee's best ice 5.9, the 6.9 is absolutely terrible I sure hope it's not replacing the 5.9.!!

2.75/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.73/5  rDev +62.9%

Pours out a nice golden color with a thick soapy slightly off white head. Darker than an average macro lager in color on both the body and the head. Nice streaming bubbles.
Smell is very bready with a metallic watery smell. Maybe even a bit of sweetness on the scent. The sweet does not smell like a corn sweet.
Taste is also a touch sweet and malty. Maybe the sweet smell is coming more from the malt than the adjunct? The taste also has a slight touch of metallic water taste as well.
Mouth feel borders on the medium side with a slick wet finish.
Overall the beer really does not taste that bad. With a 5.9% ABV there is definitely more flavor than just an average macro lager. The metallic smell is more promininent on the nose than in the taste and really does not detract much. I look forward to seeing what the new recipe of this beer will offer up in addition to a higher ABV.

Milwaukee's Best Ice from Miller Brewing Co.