Milwaukee's Best Ice | Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice
Liked This Beer
2.07 w/ 667 ratings
Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

ABV increased from 5.9 to 6.9 in 2016.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

Liked:
2.07/5
Alströms:

2.69/5  rDev +30%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a pale golden color with a one finger white head that recedes quickly to nothing.
Smells pepper, and full of yeastiness, not liking this.
Tastes like a typical adjunct lager, except this one is not overbearingly sweet. Typical light yeast, light bread, and notes of grassy hops.
Mouthfeel is thin, with a crisp finish.
Overall, a bit better than average compared to it's competition.

1.12/5  rDev -45.9%

Deep golden coloring with no real aroma or lacing. Fizzes out quite quickly. Very little in the way of flavor. Something more akin to beer-flavored water. I myself am not a fan of Ice beers, so perhaps my opinion is in the wrong section here, but it is upsetting to consider lots of people actually pay good money for this "beer".

2.68/5  rDev +29.5%

2.89/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

1.16/5  rDev -44%

Appearance: Pale golden, with a huge head.

Aroma: Corny, adjunct. Nothing more.

Taste: Watery body here, naturally, and light in flavor as well. Like beer-flavored water, maybe, with a little alcohol burn at the finish, like a shot of vodka in a shite beer. Absolutely awful. Made my tummy hurt, and with that, this is one of the worst beers I’ve ever had.

1.4/5  rDev -32.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Backlog. 12 oz can. This is part 3 in a trilogy. I tried Milwaukee’s Best Light earlier (part 2), which was obviously a masterpiece of shit masquerading as "a light, refreshing lager." Will this one be any better? First thought: Oh boy, do I really want to drink this? I drank a Mil Best Light earlier tonight and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Anything’s better than a light cheapo lager, right? Tentatively...yes. It doesn’t taste like a sparkling water like the Light did--definitely more flavor. Part threes are rarely the best in a trilogy, but this is definitely better than part 2. All in all, it tastes like mass-produced corn water. I need to find out how it all started with part 1, though--the original Milwaukee’s Best. I don’t have one though. How will I ever figure it out?

1.59/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz can given to me by a friend as a joke.....she uses it to keep slugs out of her garden. SERIOUSLY. I hadn't had the Beast in 20 years since college, when a case went for about $7 and was on the same level as Natty Light and Icehouse, which led to painful flatulence (and worse) the next day. I drank the Ice version on a warm Saturday afternoon and sad to say it's still as bad as I remember. Corn mash and metal taste straight from the can. The ABV puts it on the level of malt liquor, probably the right chaser after a shot of Jägermeister.

2.75/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.64/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

3.16/5  rDev +52.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

not bad at all for 97 cents a tallboy! i get a almost roasted/stout taste from this beer. only ice beer ive had that gives me that flavor. might be a go to now. local store has 12-30 packs of this as well

2.51/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.44/5  rDev +17.9%

4.9/5  rDev +136.7%

3.44/5  rDev +66.2%

Look - Clear yellow, two fingers of white head, surprising amount of lacing.

Smell - Light corn, metallic, faint alcohol

Taste - Corn grits, apple like sweetness, clean alcohol throughout

Feel - Not quite medium body , loads of carbonation. Tiny bit of warmth if you pay attention. Goes down like angry water.

Overall - One of the best ice beers in my opinion. Gives a malt liquor vibe while being a few dimes cheaper. Enjoyable.

1.59/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

So I'm on a macro brew kick. I'm not sure why. I tried the MB red last night, and it was surprisingly not terrible. I am so over ice beer but this is what is in my mason jar. Let's do this.

Dark urine color with lots of foamy head that dies slower than I figured. Nose sours as it sits a little. Serious adjunct action.

Taste is pretty bad. Sour and grainy with a booze and metal aftertaste. Yeah, this is pretty bad. I enjoy lots of macro brew in the proper context, but this would be no fun in any situation I've ever been in. So glad I only got one (albeit a 24oz). Pretty damn close to undrinkable.

4.72/5  rDev +128%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Since I discovered it ,it's my go to beer. Not to hoppy ,not to grainy,doesn't taste watered down, and abv perfect. This beer really reminds me of Strohs beer of the 60's( when beer was beer), not the junk big brewers are giving us now. This beer holds it's carbonation a long time in the glass , it doesn't quit it's bubbles in two minutes like most beers today. Dollar for dollar and ounce for ounce, this is the best beer on the market. This is old school good! Go ahead, pay more for something else if it makes you feel good, but this make me feel good.

2.14/5  rDev +3.4%

Pours a shade of dark urine with a very thin head into my glass. Sweet and grainy malt in the nose. Sickening sweet malt upfront with no hop character. Finishes weak. I suppose the saving grace is that it's $1.29 a can and well, you could do so much better. Just another week until payday.

2.95/5  rDev +42.5%

32oz can BB 5/1/17 poured into a fishbowl glass at fridge temp. Pours a pleasant golden copper color with short lived white head. It does manage to keep a paper thin head as it's consumed. Smell is just a hint of sweetness & corn. I would normally put a can of ice beer/malt liquor in the freezer for 20 minutes before consuming which would eliminate any smell. Taste is sweet & corn with a slight sourness on the back end that I do not care for. Mouthfeel is sharp carbonation followed by a very heavy soapy/oily film on the mouth. Overall, this beer will serve a purpose. I paid $2.34 for a quart and will be feeling it when I'm done. I do believe there are better options in the low cost AAL world, and I will keep looking.

2.28/5  rDev +10.1%

4.4/5  rDev +112.6%

This has become my beer of choice since the 6.9% abv was put in place late last year. The price at my local store did not even go up, it still sits at $17.99 for a 30 pack which is an amazing deal. I did the math, there is 734.85mL of pure alcohol in a 30 pack of Milwaukee's Best Ice. There is only 700mL of pure alcohol in a standard 1.75L bottle of liquor at 40% abv making the beer a more economical choice especially if your spirit of choice is above $17.99 (which my go to $19.99 bacard rum is).

Simply a very good beer at a very good price!

Hey, Where can you get 24 ounces of beer for 99 cents? I've been drinking this for 10 years or more.Sometimes more than I should, but it's a good buzz. With the alcohol increase, it's even better. Micro beers are overpriced and gross tasting. I'm an old time drinker,(red,white and blue,Colt 45, SML, Schmidts,Sheaffer,Old Milwaukee, damn that one cost me a divorce, oh well. Enjoy!

Milwaukee's Best Ice from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.6% out of 100 with 667 ratings