Milwaukee's Best Ice | Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice
2.07/5
Poor
Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

ABV increased from 5.9 to 6.9 in 2016.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

2.46/5  rDev +18.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.5/5  rDev -27.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

1.94/5  rDev -6.3%

2.25/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

4.77/5  rDev +130.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Back to 5.9% from 6.9%?

I've rated this beer based upon the following characteristics:

- Very economical
- Excellent value to consumer
- Miller/Coors production quality controls

I'm soooo disappointed that this has been recently lowered from 6.9% ABV back down to 5.9% ABV. However I will continue to be a fan because of its consumer value and taste.

2.04/5  rDev -1.4%

2.69/5  rDev +30%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a pale golden color with a one finger white head that recedes quickly to nothing.
Smells pepper, and full of yeastiness, not liking this.
Tastes like a typical adjunct lager, except this one is not overbearingly sweet. Typical light yeast, light bread, and notes of grassy hops.
Mouthfeel is thin, with a crisp finish.
Overall, a bit better than average compared to it's competition.

1.12/5  rDev -45.9%

Deep golden coloring with no real aroma or lacing. Fizzes out quite quickly. Very little in the way of flavor. Something more akin to beer-flavored water. I myself am not a fan of Ice beers, so perhaps my opinion is in the wrong section here, but it is upsetting to consider lots of people actually pay good money for this "beer".

2.68/5  rDev +29.5%

2.89/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

1.16/5  rDev -44%

Appearance: Pale golden, with a huge head.

Aroma: Corny, adjunct. Nothing more.

Taste: Watery body here, naturally, and light in flavor as well. Like beer-flavored water, maybe, with a little alcohol burn at the finish, like a shot of vodka in a shite beer. Absolutely awful. Made my tummy hurt, and with that, this is one of the worst beers I’ve ever had.

1.4/5  rDev -32.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Backlog. 12 oz can. This is part 3 in a trilogy. I tried Milwaukee’s Best Light earlier (part 2), which was obviously a masterpiece of shit masquerading as "a light, refreshing lager." Will this one be any better? First thought: Oh boy, do I really want to drink this? I drank a Mil Best Light earlier tonight and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Anything’s better than a light cheapo lager, right? Tentatively...yes. It doesn’t taste like a sparkling water like the Light did--definitely more flavor. Part threes are rarely the best in a trilogy, but this is definitely better than part 2. All in all, it tastes like mass-produced corn water. I need to find out how it all started with part 1, though--the original Milwaukee’s Best. I don’t have one though. How will I ever figure it out?

1.59/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz can given to me by a friend as a joke.....she uses it to keep slugs out of her garden. SERIOUSLY. I hadn't had the Beast in 20 years since college, when a case went for about $7 and was on the same level as Natty Light and Icehouse, which led to painful flatulence (and worse) the next day. I drank the Ice version on a warm Saturday afternoon and sad to say it's still as bad as I remember. Corn mash and metal taste straight from the can. The ABV puts it on the level of malt liquor, probably the right chaser after a shot of Jägermeister.

2.75/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.64/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

3.16/5  rDev +52.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

not bad at all for 97 cents a tallboy! i get a almost roasted/stout taste from this beer. only ice beer ive had that gives me that flavor. might be a go to now. local store has 12-30 packs of this as well

2.51/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.44/5  rDev +17.9%

4.9/5  rDev +136.7%

3.44/5  rDev +66.2%

Look - Clear yellow, two fingers of white head, surprising amount of lacing.

Smell - Light corn, metallic, faint alcohol

Taste - Corn grits, apple like sweetness, clean alcohol throughout

Feel - Not quite medium body , loads of carbonation. Tiny bit of warmth if you pay attention. Goes down like angry water.

Overall - One of the best ice beers in my opinion. Gives a malt liquor vibe while being a few dimes cheaper. Enjoyable.

1.59/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

So I'm on a macro brew kick. I'm not sure why. I tried the MB red last night, and it was surprisingly not terrible. I am so over ice beer but this is what is in my mason jar. Let's do this.

Dark urine color with lots of foamy head that dies slower than I figured. Nose sours as it sits a little. Serious adjunct action.

Taste is pretty bad. Sour and grainy with a booze and metal aftertaste. Yeah, this is pretty bad. I enjoy lots of macro brew in the proper context, but this would be no fun in any situation I've ever been in. So glad I only got one (albeit a 24oz). Pretty damn close to undrinkable.

4.72/5  rDev +128%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Since I discovered it ,it's my go to beer. Not to hoppy ,not to grainy,doesn't taste watered down, and abv perfect. This beer really reminds me of Strohs beer of the 60's( when beer was beer), not the junk big brewers are giving us now. This beer holds it's carbonation a long time in the glass , it doesn't quit it's bubbles in two minutes like most beers today. Dollar for dollar and ounce for ounce, this is the best beer on the market. This is old school good! Go ahead, pay more for something else if it makes you feel good, but this make me feel good.

Milwaukee's Best Ice from Miller Brewing Co.