Milwaukee's Best Ice | Miller Brewing Co.

awful
Read the review
Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

ABV increased from 5.9 to 6.9 in 2016.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

1.77/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

2.96/5  rDev +29.8%

looks nice, golden appearance leaves a few spots of lace.

grains and sweet corn on the nose, taste is basicaly the same, noticable booze. overall pretty drinkable and tasteless but its still beer :D

3.01/5  rDev +32%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.1/5  rDev +36%

A - really I don't know why I could down grade the appearance, it's clear golden, with a white head that sticks and leaves spotty lacing like lagers are supposed to be
S - corn, corn, corn, light grains, slight peppery bite
T - corn, light grains, slight bite to it, honestly not bad
M - nice and light, alcohol covered, aftertaste is more corn, light grains, slight bitter bite
O - you know there's a reason this is a beer you can find anywhere, it has the light cheap lager thing down, I prefer it and the other old mil's over the other aal's too

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

A chip off the Old Miller block.

Low color, high alcohol, fizzy yellow stuff with a kick. Usually I don't notice alcohol in these ice beers but there seems to be a touch of it here. I can't really say it doesn't also have a slightly different flavor profile than the other ices because I usually drink them so cold any flavor there is iced over. Yes, that was a pun.

This stuff will get you buzzy as a bee.

When you're scrounging the couch cushions for change hoping to find enough for beer this would be a logical choice.

3.26/5  rDev +43%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Note: Higher overall because of its price and alcohol volume

2.29/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.53/5  rDev +11%

I drank this out of a 40 so i could not really see the look, however it looked like it would have a nice head due to its high level of carbonation. It had a very overpowering scent of sweet grains and wheat. The taste has a strong malt flavor, while being very smooth.

2.04/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Bright yellow, 1/2" white head, retention sucks. Lots of boozy alcohol in the aroma, sweet corn, metal.

Taste is hot alcohol, bitterness is substantial actually despite almost no hop flavors. Has lots of flavor, just not the ideal kind. If you're drinking this, you want cheap, alcohol.

2.19/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

3.08/5  rDev +35.1%

This is a bargain when you're poor and need to get a solid buzz 3 times for cheap. It's got a boozy taste and finish given its rather low alcohol which has gone back and forth from 5.5 to 5.9%. Otherwise it's your typical cheap adjunct ice lager.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Terrible.

I don't know how to review a beer, so just take what you want. I'm not going to click the link that says "How to Review a Beer," I'm busy.

This beer is THICK, HEAVY-BODIED, SYRUPY.

Is like CORN. CORN Syrup. Thick like Syrup.

Sickeningly SWEET (I hate it when people say that, but I said it.)

Ever had a SWEET beer? Me either. YUCK. The first time I drank this beer I was already SMASHED, so it went down SOOOO SMOOTH, seriously-- it IS an easy drink if you are BEYOND the realm of TASTE.

But if this is your first drink of the evening, your mouth will have trouble handling it. It is heavy like you would expect a stout to be. It has zero bitterness, which some people may like, but the trade-off is that it is disgustingly SWEET instead.

I have not drank beer in a very, very long time-- and have only recently been trying some random beers-- typically macro brews since they are what's available-- I know it's not REALLY relevant to this review, but it may help anybody else to know that I do NOT like beers such as Natural Light/Ice (too watery/bitter from memory alone), Coors Light (too watery-- no flavor-- disgusting), Keystone Light (water)--- The only macro brews I have had recently that I liked was Budweiser and Bud Light, but even then, I got sick of the taste of both--- the nostalgia wore off quickly and Bud Light has zero body or depth and Bud reg is too CORNY, *almost* sweet as well.

I consider this beer to be somewhere BETWEEN Bud Light and Budweiser, but closest to Budweiser in all aspects-- look, feel, taste, etc--- irritating after a few drinks.

I think I like something that is LIGHTER in body, but has the depth of flavor. Like, I said, I do not know how to review beer-- frankly, I do not know what HOPS taste like alone since there is nothing else I have ever consumed that has contained hops besides beer, so I do not know what "hoppy" means. Nor do I know what "malty" means unless we're talking about London Pub Malt Vinegar that you would have on fish.

For the price, I don't think many would be as picky as I am-- but I'm not just looking to get drunk, I'm looking to enjoy the taste. If you are looking for a college beer (which I'm well beyond at this point in my life) or a beer that's good to funnel/beer bong, then this would be great.

It's so syrupy, it's almost FLAT. Carbonation is hardly noticeable, but it's there. It's just not for me. I only bought it because I seriously thought I was being a LITTLE snobby.

1.81/5  rDev -20.6%

2.59/5  rDev +13.6%

Alcohol is present on the nose as well as the tongue. At 5.9% the booze starts to shine through. We used to sell the hell out of "suitcases" of the stuff. Color is straw. Head retained itself. Smelled of adjuncts and booze. Tasted smooth, but the booze shone through.

1.52/5  rDev -33.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

1.99/5  rDev -12.7%

1.8/5  rDev -21.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

4.09/5  rDev +79.4%

L: fine. yellow. lagerish
S: Your typical skunky but less skunky than typical. smells more alcoholish than skunkyish
T: fine. smooth as silk. teensy weensy notes of both hops and malt on the finish. remarkably satisfying. not to hoppy, not to malty.
F: surprisingly medium bodied.

Snobbers gonna snob. This beer is just right on the low-priced man's tongue and it gets me buzzed quickly because I can down them or just sip them.

2.91/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Sampled back on Monday 10/5/15. Comes in a 12-ounce can. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a vintage "MILLER HIGH LIFE" goblet.

Brew pours a golden straw-yellow in color with a thin white head. Some light spotty lacing was seen when sipped. Aroma is of sweet corn (like many of this brew style does) and grain for the most part. The taste is about the same with some 'alcohol' and some hops also. Drinkable but nothing special. Better than expected for a cheap beer. Lighter bodied with good carbonation.

Milwaukee's Best Ice from Miller Brewing Co.