Miller Genuine Draft | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-12-2002

Ratings: 2,463 |  Reviews: 655

MGD hits the spot. Good at parties. Miller is just good in general. Yeah they are big, but i enjoy miller quite a lot. Rating this against the style, this is good stuff.

I don't get the hateful reviews on this.

This is definitely one of the best macro beers out there.
Very smooth, malty, nicely balanced, with a taste of hops to finish.

I'd say it's nearly on par with Narragansett lager.
I'm giving it 5/5 for what it achieves with the style.

(Nice can too)

I give this high rating because when it comes to MGD you have to compare it with other similar beers such as Budweiser, Heineken, Stella, Labatt Blue and so on. You shouldn't compare it to IPA's or stouts or ales but rather similar commercial beers and for me MGD gets a 5 because it's the most delicious. It is fraught canned and when you poke the tab as it suggests and pour it into a pint glass it just tastes very smooth with a creamy head and very crisp. If i tailgate this is my beer of choice. Although haven't had this beer since Budweiser took over so next time I have it my opinion might change.

4.88/5  rDev +105.9%

4.78/5  rDev +101.7%

4.76/5  rDev +100.8%

Very good overall but with slightly weak smell. Great feel.

4.75/5  rDev +100.4%

4.68/5  rDev +97.5%

4.67/5  rDev +97%

The gold of the american beers, in its bottle of 12 oz, the perfect serving for bbq, buddies meeting, 6 o´clock, etc, its appearance is exceptional, pure nugget, smell so good remain my first draft beer, in mexico, malt and hops really balanced, and the best thing of all its packaging, sorry for my comments on the bottle´s package and presentation, i am a Professional graphic designer.

4.52/5  rDev +90.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I always drank Miller High Life & it wasn't until recently that I started buying MGD. I always thought of it as an old man's beer. Then I found out that it was the same ingredients as High Life, just cold filtered instead of pasteurized, to help give it the draft beer taste. I see a lot of negative reviews but don't really understand them. Yes I know it's not a "craft beer" but I would recommend that you give it a try for yourself rather then read silly reviews.

4.5/5  rDev +89.9%

4.39/5  rDev +85.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This beer has a target of its own.
You can not give this beer an impresion without understanding the purpose of this beer.
When you are thirsty in a hot hot day this beer is the best beer out there. When it is cold and there is snow outside this beer is its worst anemy .

It is all about body and mouth temp .
If you do not understand it you will never know when to buy which beer .
Good Luck .

4.33/5  rDev +82.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.27/5  rDev +80.2%

Although this does seem just the same as alot of other basic full flavored beers, It to me is exceptionaly refreshing. A great taste, an easy smell and a smooth quality. Again everybody has their opinions and own desired taste. For me, this is my comfort beer.

4.26/5  rDev +79.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I really don't understand the bad reviews. This beer is a notch up from High Life, and nothing beats it on a hot summer day. Excellent, honest lager.

4.25/5  rDev +79.3%

Miller Genuine Draft from Miller Brewing Co.