Miller Genuine Draft | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

1.5/5  rDev -36.7%

1.25/5  rDev -47.3%

1.5/5  rDev -36.7%

3.21/5  rDev +35.4%

I read somewhere once that MGD is made from the same recipe as High Life except that it's cold filtered. I begin to notice the resemblance when I keep that in mind while drinking MGD. It's pretty fizzy, much like High Life but not to the "champagne" level. The flavor is very close too, except something is a little off because of the different brewing method.

When I was a wee lad, MGD was my go to beer simply because it was easy to order in bars/clubs and was decently strong. I've moved on (in my own way), but occasionally I get a taste for this. I also made many micheladas with this back in the day too. It's really good for that.

This wasn't meant to be a review from a beer aficionado. Just a guy who likes to get tipsy.

3.33/5  rDev +40.5%

One of the new beers in my local Albert Heijn supermarket. Clear glass bottle, with a twist-to-open crown cap. 330 ml of golden yellow beer, alcohol by volume stands at 4,7%. Produced and bottled in Europe, God knows where, under licence from MillerBrewing Company. I like the label, with the eagle flying holding some barleys with its claws. Ingredients include "selected cereal grains" and "hop products".
As I said, golden yellow colour, with one finger of head, kind of soapy in texture, quickly losing half of its height but keeping the remaining half finger for quite long. Lots of bubbles finding their way to the top.
Smell is very faint, some malts mostly and I think I smell rice. Does it contain rice? I don't know, maybe rice is one of the selected cereal grains the label mentioned. Well, at least it doesn't have the annoying corn smell.
Wow, fantastic taste! At the supermarket stands a label next to the bottle, recommending drinking it straight from the bottle. Allow me to disagree with that, I had a couple of sips and although the great taste is still there, is not so strong as when drinking it from a glass. Hmm, the more I drink it, the more conviced I am it contains some rice. So be it, they managed to give this beer a great taste.
On the body is as thin as someone would expect from a beer coming into a clear glass bottle. Very light carbonation, but it's so drinkable.
Overall, I found this one to be a great beer. Too bad it costs 1,50 a bottle here. When I can afford this price for a bottle of lager at home, this would be among my preferences.

2.5/5  rDev +5.5%

Miller Genuine Draft from Miller Brewing Co.