Miller High Life Light | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High Life LightMiller High Life Light

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-16-2001

Liked:
2.23/5
Alströms:

It is similar in taste, look & aroma to Bud Light & Coors Light. If you likes those beers, then you will like this one and save money in the process. The price for 30 of these is about the same as for 24 of Bud Light or Coors Light.

4.88/5  rDev +118.8%

Crisp refreshing beer for a nice evening at home or out with friends.

4.75/5  rDev +113%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Hard to find in bottles but this is my favorite light beer. I usually enjoy it in two coozies...one thin bottle coozie placed inside a thick foam can coozie. I also enjoy it out of a mug when I am feeling fancy or watching a baseball game. It's not bad out of a can either. Much easier to find in an 18 pack of cans around me. Also widely available in a 32 oz travel size.
Because this beer is value priced I think most beer drinkers underestimate it. It has a great beer taste without the sweetness of regular high life and most other adjunct lagers. I have some nose-in-the-air friends who will only drink their overpriced bud light but I think they are missing the boat with high life light. It pairs well with almost anything...except jack daniels. Nachos, fries, wings, pizza, taco bell...very versatile beer for any cuisine. The mouthfeel is good and keeps getting better as you drink more. The clear bottle is great for when youre outside because you can easily see if a bug is floating around on the top.
This is truly the champagne of light beers...I think that much is clear.

4.3/5  rDev +92.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I am not a "beer" drinker, but enjoy Miller High Life Light. After my umpteenth kidney stone I decided to try a light beer, and of the several I tried this was my favorite. I tried higher rated beers such as Sam Adams and Guinness and could barely drink them. I found I like cheap domestics...go figure!

Taste is great for a non-beer drinker. Never liked the taste of beer, but being a light beer, it is smooth and easy to drink, and very refreshing. One reason I liked it is there is no aftertaste and tastes fresh! Oh and the carbonation is spot on, certainly the champagne of beers.

It has light straw color and thick head that takes a minute or so to diminish. Very appealing!

I like the smell, smells like beer! I compared it with the other beers I tried, and they all smell the same to me. Obviously I have no idea how to test taste, smell, etc. All I can say, is as a newbie, I like Miller High Life Lite.

For reference I compared Miller High Life to PBR (great, but too many cals), to Coors Light (okay), Miller Lite (did not like it), Bud Lite (okay).

4.25/5  rDev +90.6%

4.2/5  rDev +88.3%

In the cheap beer for summer time chugging category, this is a sure thing. It goes down so smooth, it's scary.

There are no "off" flavors. It's one of the few cheap beers that doesn't give you a gag reflex.

Regular Miller High Life is good too, but the Miller High Life Light is even better for thirst quenching.

I hear that Miller puts something in the beer to keep it from "skunking" up. Still, I have had some in the clear bottles that have slight skunk. So I always go for the cans and pour in a glass.

This is the only cheap light beer worth drinking.

4.08/5  rDev +83%

What do you look for in an american macro lager. You look for something that's crisp, refreshing, smooth, and mildly bitter. Check check check check. This beer is what one would look for in a light lager. Has a faint smell, but at least i smell something. I can't smell anything in a lot of light lagers. Great head retention and a nice pale yellow. Taste is remarkably smooth. Mouthfeel is amazing just so well carbonated its crazy. I could pound these all night.
So what if it's not some bitter harsh beer that you have to acquire a taste for over time. This beer is what it is. It wasn't made to be anything else. It was made to have low calories and still be refreshing with not too much of a watered down taste. That's exactly what it is. Don't let your arrogance get in the way of having a beer you can just pound down and be refreshed by.

Good job Miller High Life Light

4.06/5  rDev +82.1%

Appearance: Gold in color, white head. Obviously a light beer due to its transparency.

Taste: Not a bitter beer, some sweetness in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Feels like water, no real volume to the beer

Drinkability: Superb, drinking this fast or slow is easy as anything

Overall I enjoy this beer, while it is not the best tasting, when comparing it to other similarly priced beers, it excels. Bang for buck, this is my light beer of choice. Especially if you are in college and tired of Natty, or Milwaukee's Best, or Keystone, this is your saving grace.

Lots of haters on this one bringing the score down. However, I'm a firm believer in rating things based on what they are. I appreciate a great craft beer, and have often been called a beer snob. But this is not a craft beer. Therefore, it should not be rated like a craft beer.

So, of all the cheap beers out there (including MGD, Bud, Coors, High Life, Pabst, etc., etc., etc.), High Life and High Life Light are my go-tos. They have more flavor than most, go down smooth, and taste reasonably good (and refreshing) when really cold.

At room temperature, I'll pass. But throw one in the freezer for awhile, and you will take out a decent tasting beer for those weeks when money's tight. Founders it ain't. But it is one of the better BudMilloors products.

I think High Life original is possibly my favorite American Lager. Thought this would just be a watered-down version of that.
It is not. Man I don't want to admit it, but I like this as much as my beloved High Life.
Or do I?
I cannot make up my mind. I do not want to like this as well, but...
Light beer has never been my favorite style, but this may be my favorite of them all.
@$.50 a can this is a bargain. And I like finding good bargains.

3.99/5  rDev +78.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

3.92/5  rDev +75.8%

What can I say, this beer gets a lot of bad reviews, but I was impressed. Kinda of a drinkable, cornish flavor. Went down smooth. Like I said, hints of corn all over it, almost too much, but besides that, a really decent beer. I would reccomend this beer to the people that are curious to try new beers, but to a veteran, this beer could be bad.

3.91/5  rDev +75.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

This an above average Light American beer. For taste, it may be the best tasting macrobrew Light American lager because the beer taste is there. Miller and Bud Light have almost no taste. Coors is sweet, but not a lot of beer taste. I think Miller High Lifw Light is a quality beer, and maybe best in its category.

3.85/5  rDev +72.6%

It is what it is and that's a light beer, probably the best for the money. Miller got it right for this one. It's got a sweet taste with the perfect amount carbonation. Very refreshing even when at room temperature but much better cold (obviously).

3.76/5  rDev +68.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

decide to try a case of highlife light since a rarely drink light beers.
pours a light golden color , the head stays for a good bit. crisp taste and very drinkable ( good beer for a hot summer day after mowing the lawn.
i am usually a bit hesitant towards light/ lite beer ,but so far in my adventure in the world of beer i find this to be a good example of light beer.

Miller High Life Light from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.1% out of 100 with 733 ratings