Milwaukee's Best Light | Miller Brewing Co.

Read the review
Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002

Reviews: 165 | Ratings: 666
1.5/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is probably the best light beer I have had, I would normally drink this after I ran out of better beers as my friend used to keep a case in the fridge. There is nothing special here, just a beer to keep a buzz going.

2.48/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

A - clear yellow fizzy beer, white head. Like piss. But exactly what it's supposed to be.
S - big corn, rice, light grains, wheat bread, chemical alcohol smell
T - big corn, rice, light grains, dirt, wheat bread, also very chemical in taste
M - I don't know if I'd call it light, more like plug your nose and chug, alcohol covered, aftertaste is bitter undefined dirt
O - just give me a Milwaukees beast Ice already, this shots no better and likely is much worse. Not worth the 3 dollars a six pack.

1.6/5  rDev -20.8%

This is my 57 year old aunts go to beer. You can catch her at 9 am on Wednesday rolling around in a golf cart with 2 cases ready to tackle the day.

To me it taste like urine.

4.4/5  rDev +117.8%

Usually drink Miller lite however mowed a neighbors grass and he brought this out and I couldn't tell the difference in it and Miller lite out of a can, bottle Miller lite is a lil smoother. Like the price, no hangover or craps the next day after drinking 12 so all is good!

2.44/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: Light golden, with a thick white head. Decent lace, even!

Aroma: Corn, rice malts.

Taste: Mild, corny, another traditional light American lager that doesn’t stand up to the real thing, of course, but isn’t altogether terrible, and pisses all over Bud Light, for what it’s worth!

3.15/5  rDev +55.9%

I grew up on this mess. More flavor than most light beers. Not much else to report. Standard light junk with local love. Lots of carbonation and hints of bittering hops.

2.04/5  rDev +1%

Typical light lager. Not offensive. Pale straw. Head lasted on this one. Taste was hard to pin down because it's either metal can, water, or corn. Metal seemed to win out, it was like an irony kind of taste. Not my cup of tea.

1.85/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Super light yellow pour, looks weak as fuck. Aroma was nothing really, maybe a little bit of the metal can.

Taste, jeez, more like water spilled into a fizzy yellow beer.

Mild sweetness, not bitter, the water dilutes that, almost no hopping. Its cheap at least, but you aren't in flavor country either.

1.59/5  rDev -21.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

This was a staple of my high school days. Cheap and easy to get, looking back, I don't know how I choked this down as much as I did. It tasted like a metal can, literally. Not much can be said other than it tasted as bad coming up as it did going down.

2.1/5  rDev +4%

Bud Light is standard for light lagers, so I will rate the Beast Lite in comparison to BL, a beer I rated at 1.88.

Pale straw color, minimal white head, some faint lacing. Lots of bubbles.

Smells like what it is. It didn't repulse me, but it did have an odd vegetable smell. Corn?

Taste was OK. Slightly better than the smell. I didn't detect any hints of hops.

Too much carbonation. I belched a lot.

This is a fine cheap beer for summertime yard work, the beach, the golf course, changing the oil, fileting fish, etc.

2.77/5  rDev +37.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

16 oz. can - Best by Oct 26 15 stamped on bottom:

Pours clear golden. A white pillow-like head leaves lacing.

The smell is of husk and cooked vegetables.

The taste of light sweetness is balanced by husk. Crisp, clean finish. Not too fizzy.

Good enough to drink quickly. It's cheap and there are worse light beers out there. Rated with cost and style in mind, it's not terrible (but not good either).

3.09/5  rDev +53%

Clear pale straw color with lots of carbonation but almost no head.
Smell is grainy maybe some herbal hop notes.
Taste is cereal grains, some corn sweetness, and a nice lightly bitter finish.
Mouthfeel is watery as is the style. Carbonation is ample. Finish is lightly dry bitter and refreshing.
Overall much better than expected. Great summer beverage for getting motivated to work out doors.

Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this beer's head is 0 fingers thick with no lacing,and a clear golden body.

I smell faint corn and funk notes.

Tastes like pretty much the same elements as described above, but even more faint.

This brew's mouthfeel is clean and smooth.

Overall, I'll give Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co. a solid 3.

3.06/5  rDev +51.5%

Milwaukee's Best Light brewed by Miller Brewing Co.,this brew has an ABV of 4.20% This brew pours out a nice golden amber color, with a small white head. The smell is sweet, with grains and malts. Nothing bad so far, now for the the taste. The taste is mild with flavor, and taste. You pick up on grains and some malts. There is also a watery taste in this brew. Not much in the taste of this brew, but it is ok. There is nothing overpowering about Milwaukee's Best Light, this is a nice drinking light brew. The mouthfeel of Milwaukee's Best Light is smooth and crisp. Nothing bad about this brew. It is what it is a light brew. This is a a brew that would go down nice and smooth on a hot summer day. Overall I'm giving Milwaukee's Best Light a 3.25 out of 5.

1.6/5  rDev -20.8%

L- Pissy clear yellow.

S- Something reminiscent of a lager wafts from the glass. Very light on the aroma.

T- The taste is mostly water, has a grainy quality to it. Bland and uneventful.

F- Fizzy, poundable. Crisp.

O- Blech.

1.04/5  rDev -48.5%

Bought a six pack and went to the beach. Poured on a pilsner glass. Looked like a watery yellow, pretty nasty. Smelled like corn and rice. Taste was the worst. Defenitely worst beer ive had in my life. I could give it a 0 but I cant. Just barely had 1 and gave the rest to some random guy at the beach. DONT DRINK THIS "BEER"

1.7/5  rDev -15.8%

Pours a nice golden color with moderate carbonation and a lace of head. So far so good. Smells like all the other putrid adjunct lagers. Goes down kinda harsh, highly carbonated, dry and a little bitter. One of the worst adjunct lagers let alone light lagers...avoid

4.38/5  rDev +116.8%

Have you guys ever seen that movie with the dude who gets all mad and turns into a more jacked up dude that's kinda green? Yea? Well drinking Milwaukee's Best (Beast) is kinda like that but less green. Seriously I've never been to Milwaukee, but if this is what their beer is like it's probably a great place. Smooth, really, really crisp - balanced and well hopped. I'd say the abv is a little low for my purposes but when you're out with the boys it gets the job done. UNLEASH THE BEAST.

1.86/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

32oz aluminum can with generic label purchased at a gas station in Texas and served into a pilsner glass at low altitude in Austin, Texas. Reviewed live.

Expectations are low given the brewery. Served cold. Side-poured fairly gently as overcarbonation issues are anticipated.

No bubble show forms as it's poured.

HEAD: Four fingers in width. White in colour. Okay thickness. Not much creaminess. Decent frothiness. Retention is above average - about 3 minutes. No lacing sticks to the sides of the glass as the head recedes.

BODY: Clear watery yellow. Dull and bleak. No yeast particulate or hop sediment is visible within. Appears overcarbonated.

It's not a good looking beer by any means, but it's not awful looking either. Certainly average for the style.

AROMA: Pilsner malts, light buttery notes, and generic bland floral hop character. There's some graininess too. Doesn't have the metallic character I was expecting, but there does seem to be far too much sweetness.

It's an unpleasant but inoffensive aroma of average strength.

No yeast character, alcohol, spices, or egregious fof-notes are detectable.

TASTE: Graininess, pilsner malts, insipid floral hop character, a hint of metallic off-character, diacetyl-redolent buttery off-notes, off-putting sweetness, corn, cereals, and assorted off-notes I don't care to bother trying to identify.

No yeast character, pleasant hop notes, spices, or overt alcohol comes through.

Painfully simple. Imbalanced, poorly built, incohesive, and unpleasant. I don't like it much, but it's not the worst light lager I've had.

TEXTURE: Artificial. Metallic. Lightly coarse. Wet. Stale. Light-bodied. Off-puttingly buttery. Unrefreshing.

Not oily, gushed, hot, boozy, astringent, or harsh.

It's a trainwreck of a mouthfeel for a light lager, but it's not unendurable.

OVERALL: I've had worse. I definitely wouldn't pick this up again, and I'd caution others from trying it, but it's not poorly priced per se. I guess.

Low D-

2.11/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear light gold body with slowly rising bubbles. Fizzy white head, surprisingly good lacing.

Aroma: Hints of whatever adjunct is in it, then tons of metal. Most metallic smelling beer I've ever put my nose to.

Taste: The opening teases with light grains, then it jumps off the cliff into the Sea of Metallic Tasting Beer.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Dry.

Overall: A far cry from Milwaukee's Best Premium. A far cry from anything.

3.44/5  rDev +70.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Mild lager. Decent taste. Has its pros and cons. Overall, not a terrible beer for the money. Got a 12 pack for $6. BA is terrible though. Definitely would want more than a 4.20% All these reviews about it being watery, I can understand seeing as how it's got a "Light" flavor, but it is tolerable.

1.26/5  rDev -37.6%

Tastes like water, if that's your kind of thing, go for some MBL. Haven't found many beers this cheap before. Wanted to check the BA rating to see how poorly it ranked and wasn't taken by surprise. Found this for $14 for a 30 rack. Bad, cheap, American Lager.
Probably not the best thing that comes out of Milwaukee, but who's to say?

1.84/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I bought this as an experiment. "How bad can it be?" I asked myself...

The answer: "Pretty bad".

Pretty foul overall. Cheap, but give me Yuengling Premium Light any day...

When a beer isn't even good for simmering brats....

3.44/5  rDev +70.3%

I'm pleasantly surprised!

When I picked up this cheap, bottom-line, economy beer, I was expecting little more than yellow soda water with a buzz. I poured a can into a pint glass, and to my surprise I found myself breathing in some honest-to-goodness grassy, citrussy hops. This hop character extends to the taste, combined with a noticeable taste of carbonation, finishing with the very faintest of grain.

All-in-all, this cheap light beer has some character! Not outstanding by any means, but given the price I'd say this is one the greatest values the beer aisle has to offer.

Citrussy, watery, refreshing, and an absolute bargain. This may be my new go-to summertime brew.

2.18/5  rDev +7.9%

12 ounce can
Served in a pilener glass

A - It is about as light as the color of urine after consuming 6+ of these beers. It is very light in color. It is barely yellow. Two inches of white head split shortly after the pour.

S - It has a sweet grass scent.

T - It tastes like urine after consuming 6+ of these beers. No, I would imagine urine has more flavor. When drinking it is almost devoid of flavor. Of course, I served it ice cold as recommended. I get a weird stale aftertaste.

M - It is watery. Although I feel like I have a coating on my tongue that is providing that horrible aftertaste.

O - It's a shitty light beer that has been in my fridge for three months. It was time to make room for better product. I will drink the other 7 after I am drunk sometime and need a water to sober up.

Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.