Milwaukee's Best Light

Reviews: 183 | Ratings: 713 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by Dogstickfetch:
1.25/5  rDev -27.3%

1.75/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Bought a 15-pack cans $9.49 Don Quijote
Light malt smell
Clear light golden color
Light mouthfeel
Medium carbonation
Slightly sweet light malt flavor
Overall what you would expect from a cheap light beer. Not much taste, but you could easily drink a lot of them.

3.33/5  rDev +93.6%

Light gold color with quickly disappearing white cap and following lacing.

Aroma carries a sweetish grain scent that is clean without any off putting scents. Smells grainy but nothing artificial.

Taste is clean, straight forward grain and a bit sweet but balanced. I get little sense of hops and the prickle seems to come from carbonation.

Light medium texture.

Nothing more than a value priced light beer but not something to be sneered at, rather approached as a simple, low ABV (4.1%) brew best served cold. Unlike others of this ilk this one doesn't turn nasty as it warms. Much the same flavor actually which speaks to consistency and good quality control.

4.74/5  rDev +175.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I recently enjoyed copious amounts of Milwaukee's Best Light with an expiration date of Feb-04-13.

Poured into a pilsner pint glass, nice foamy head.

Smells of rich hops and mahogany, and tastes as smooth as its name. For the price it's the most flavorful light beer a sensible man can buy.

I would much rather choose a Milwaukee's Best Light out of my cooler than a Bud Light.

If you're looking for a cheap beer which and you will be consuming large amounts of said beer, this is the one for you.

1.23/5  rDev -28.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Backlog. 12 oz can. An ode to Milwaukee’s Best LIght: oh, how voluminous sunrays penetrate your brilliant golden hues; how your sparkling halo revives my senses, makes my nostrils come alive, my eyes bulge out with spastic wonder, and my tongue salivate with delicious boquets of heavenly goodness; how I would love to swim in thee, how I would love to have your sparklling attributes flowing through my veins rather than the blood which does instead; what more can I say about your beautiful head, which doth removeth itself from my cup as surely as the sun removes itself from the sky as the gloaming descends every night upon your copper vats? How can I describe thee to mere mortals when it’s the waters flowing from Mount Olympus from which thee originates? **** Okay, that was some bad poetry. If Shakespeare is Chimay, my poem up there is Milwaukee’s Best LIght. It’s watery, it reeks, and it’s one of the worst beers I’ve ever tried--but wait til tomorrow when I review Olde English!!!

3.44/5  rDev +100%

I'm pleasantly surprised!

When I picked up this cheap, bottom-line, economy beer, I was expecting little more than yellow soda water with a buzz. I poured a can into a pint glass, and to my surprise I found myself breathing in some honest-to-goodness grassy, citrussy hops. This hop character extends to the taste, combined with a noticeable taste of carbonation, finishing with the very faintest of grain.

All-in-all, this cheap light beer has some character! Not outstanding by any means, but given the price I'd say this is one the greatest values the beer aisle has to offer.

Citrussy, watery, refreshing, and an absolute bargain. This may be my new go-to summertime brew.

1.67/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

This generic American beer by Miller is terrible!! And this is coming from a Natty Light fan! I decided to give this beer a try as it's in the same price range as Natural Light... and it SUCKED!!! I got a 24 pack box of cans as I didn't have a whole lot of money but wanted a couple days worth of beer, big mistake!! This beer is SWILL! It tastes like beer flavored water! Even for a cheap beer I was expecting better. The buzz even after 4-5 beers was really weak! I will never again buy this brand of beer EVER!

1.2/5  rDev -30.2%

A can poured into a pint glass. Why the hell did I drink this piece of crap.

Crystal clear, very light golden piss color. There is no head to speak of. Nothing appealing to this beer by the looks.

Nothing in the nose except... nothing. Even if I strain my nostrils into trying to find something to smell I wouldn't find anything.

Now believe it or not but Best Light has a very diactyle taste to it. Lousy beer taste none the less but still it has a sweet taste. It has no other taste to it... no malts... no hops... and no finish. This beer is so damn light I don't know what they were thinking.

I would never drink this beer again. The only reason why I have to is because my roommate looked at my profile on this site and saw that I haven't review Milwaukee's Best Light. There is a reason why I waited almost 2 years to drink this beer. It's shit. One of the shittest out there.

2.04/5  rDev +18.6%

1.25/5  rDev -27.3%

2.19/5  rDev +27.3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

1.5/5  rDev -12.8%

1.75/5  rDev +1.7%

3.5/5  rDev +103.5%

Well this is my standard 30 rack beer. When I go to the store trying to pick up a lot of cheep beer to get drunk with the roomates, if they are out of pabst blue ribbon, this is my second choice. I find it better than busch light and keystone light, and a few other random cheap 30 rack beers.

The appearance, pours that delicious pale yellow color. The head will stick for about a minute and leave some lacing. Not that with a beer like this im expecting a beautiful appearance, you get what you pay for, lol.

Smell, yeah smells like most cheap beers ya know.

taste, has some taste not much really, pleasant for a cheep bear though.

mouthfeel- whatever.

drinkability, I can put away 20 of these in a night.... so thats that.
♦

2.25/5  rDev +30.8%

3.15/5  rDev +83.1%

I grew up on this mess. More flavor than most light beers. Not much else to report. Standard light junk with local love. Lots of carbonation and hints of bittering hops.

1.5/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.53/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 12 oz can with no freshness date.

Appearance: Very clean watery look to it with a pale yellow hue and thin white lacing that doesn’t last to long.

Smell: A cereal smell to it with very little hops or malts; I also noted hints of corn and artificial starches.

Taste: Little malt flavor with grains and a abundant amount of fillers such as vegetables and corn starch.

Mouth-Feel: A very light bodied feel with crispiness and a finish that is bone dry.

Drink-Ability: One of those cheap beers that has no purpose except to get you Crunk.

2.28/5  rDev +32.6%

So he goes for another mixed sixer of the best of the worst from the grocery store this weekend. I grabbed six more "gems" and did my best to get them all down. served cold and poured into a pint glass, this one was consumed on 08/22/2010.

it really does amaze me how many of these are just sitting in the singles section of my local groceries. since i started this a couple weeks ago, I have managed to tacked more then 3/4 of the list without trying, amazing.

another rather average pour with a light golden amber with tons of white foam that came up and over the tops of the glass and faded out rather quickly but kept a ton of carbonation with it throughout.

light, mild grains and a touch of corn are really the only things that i am picking up in here at all. clean, clear, and watery taste leaves nothing on the palate and not even the slightest bit of hops in here at all..

overall another that i would never go near again.

Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 46 out of 100 with 713 ratings