Milwaukee's Best Light | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

millercoors.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002

4.75/5  rDev +134%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Excellent beer. Very inexpensive. Low calorie

4.74/5  rDev +133.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I recently enjoyed copious amounts of Milwaukee's Best Light with an expiration date of Feb-04-13.

Poured into a pilsner pint glass, nice foamy head.

Smells of rich hops and mahogany, and tastes as smooth as its name. For the price it's the most flavorful light beer a sensible man can buy.

I would much rather choose a Milwaukee's Best Light out of my cooler than a Bud Light.

If you're looking for a cheap beer which and you will be consuming large amounts of said beer, this is the one for you.

4.5/5  rDev +121.7%

4.4/5  rDev +116.7%

Usually drink Miller lite however mowed a neighbors grass and he brought this out and I couldn't tell the difference in it and Miller lite out of a can, bottle Miller lite is a lil smoother. Like the price, no hangover or craps the next day after drinking 12 so all is good!

4.38/5  rDev +115.8%

Have you guys ever seen that movie with the dude who gets all mad and turns into a more jacked up dude that's kinda green? Yea? Well drinking Milwaukee's Best (Beast) is kinda like that but less green. Seriously I've never been to Milwaukee, but if this is what their beer is like it's probably a great place. Smooth, really, really crisp - balanced and well hopped. I'd say the abv is a little low for my purposes but when you're out with the boys it gets the job done. UNLEASH THE BEAST.

3.85/5  rDev +89.7%

My fallback beer. Plenty of taste (I didn't say great taste) at least compared to keystone.

3.75/5  rDev +84.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.64/5  rDev +79.3%

Milwaukee’s Best Light has a very thick, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a good amount of bubbles streaming up. Some lacing is left down the glass, also. The aroma is a surprising floral hop smell, with clean water as well. Taste is sweet, light, watery, grainy, and smooth. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Milwaukee’s Best Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and mild. Overall, this beer stands toe to toe with some of the larger players in the category. For a light beer, it’s a good value.

RJT

3.63/5  rDev +78.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Good cheap swill. I've ingested lots of it, but never stopped to "feel" it, sorry. Almost identical to Miller Lite, fwiw (also made by Miller)

3.63/5  rDev +78.8%

Let me start of by saying this review won't help anybody. The "Beast" is what it is. This isn't the beer you bring to your girlfriends parents house to impress her dad. This beer requires everyone to turn of the beer snob and get blacked out, try to hook-up and then try to piece it all together the next morning. If you have to drink a light beer, this is as good as any. I am a little older and pretty much only drink dank beers now but I am not above drinking Beast in July with my old buddies. Go Flyers

3.5/5  rDev +72.4%

What can I say, for the price, $8/case this is not a bad beer. It tastes best in the summertime after working in the yard but overall it's not as bad as some of the other reviews. The color is a light gold with a mild smell and not much of a head when poured into a glass. I prefer the darker micro brews but when drinking the lighter lower cal beers the biggest difference between the hometown Bud Light and this beer is price, about half as much as Bud Light.

3.5/5  rDev +72.4%

Well this is my standard 30 rack beer. When I go to the store trying to pick up a lot of cheep beer to get drunk with the roomates, if they are out of pabst blue ribbon, this is my second choice. I find it better than busch light and keystone light, and a few other random cheap 30 rack beers.

The appearance, pours that delicious pale yellow color. The head will stick for about a minute and leave some lacing. Not that with a beer like this im expecting a beautiful appearance, you get what you pay for, lol.

Smell, yeah smells like most cheap beers ya know.

taste, has some taste not much really, pleasant for a cheep bear though.

mouthfeel- whatever.

drinkability, I can put away 20 of these in a night.... so thats that.
♦

3.5/5  rDev +72.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

3.44/5  rDev +69.5%

I'm pleasantly surprised!

When I picked up this cheap, bottom-line, economy beer, I was expecting little more than yellow soda water with a buzz. I poured a can into a pint glass, and to my surprise I found myself breathing in some honest-to-goodness grassy, citrussy hops. This hop character extends to the taste, combined with a noticeable taste of carbonation, finishing with the very faintest of grain.

All-in-all, this cheap light beer has some character! Not outstanding by any means, but given the price I'd say this is one the greatest values the beer aisle has to offer.

Citrussy, watery, refreshing, and an absolute bargain. This may be my new go-to summertime brew.

3.44/5  rDev +69.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Mild lager. Decent taste. Has its pros and cons. Overall, not a terrible beer for the money. Got a 12 pack for $6. BA is terrible though. Definitely would want more than a 4.20% All these reviews about it being watery, I can understand seeing as how it's got a "Light" flavor, but it is tolerable.

3.38/5  rDev +66.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Light yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are light adjuncts.Smooth and when ice cold is really a hell of a beer.The perfect summer outing beer.Highly recommended for outdoor activities of all kinds.This is something that I always have and always will purchase.

3.33/5  rDev +64%

Light gold color with quickly disappearing white cap and following lacing.

Aroma carries a sweetish grain scent that is clean without any off putting scents. Smells grainy but nothing artificial.

Taste is clean, straight forward grain and a bit sweet but balanced. I get little sense of hops and the prickle seems to come from carbonation.

Light medium texture.

Nothing more than a value priced light beer but not something to be sneered at, rather approached as a simple, low ABV (4.1%) brew best served cold. Unlike others of this ilk this one doesn't turn nasty as it warms. Much the same flavor actually which speaks to consistency and good quality control.

3.31/5  rDev +63.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I'm not sure where the hate for this beer is coming from. It's a smooth golden lager that looks very appealing in my stein/mug. The head diminished to about a half inch and remains throughout. Mouthfeel is thin, but with a clean finish. Definitely some hop undertones with good carbonation. Just a simple AAL. Nothing to offended by.

3.25/5  rDev +60.1%

3.25/5  rDev +60.1%

Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.