Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Milwaukee's Best Light | Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002

firstprev| 626-650 | 651-675 | 676-700  | next → last
2.4/5  rDev +33.3%

Economical, readily available, very fizzy, beerish-tasting soda pop. Keep the expectations low and the serving temps even lower. I'm happy just to slake my thirst with ice cold Beast Light on a hot day when a real beer is too "busy". For what it is, it ain't bad and It has a more satisfying flavor than hyped-up Bud, in my opinion. It has no "beechwood aging" or the "finest rice" to nasty it up. It helps that it has no stupid marketing campaign to insult me, either.
Update: This beer has been bumped by Icehouse as my cheap beer-of-choice. For 15 to 20 cents more I can buy a more flavorful 6 or 12 pk of Icehouse in bottles at the grocery store.

Update 11/2005: Uh, there is now an ad campaign for Beast Light. It's kind of entertaining, but it does push a misguided macho agenda, IMO. So, if you live in the universe of this commercial, you'd better have quick reflexes as you pour yourself a Duvel or Chimay at your buddy's Super Bowl party lest you be crushed by a giant can of the Beast for being less than a "real man".

1.47/5  rDev -18.3%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This reminded me of rancid water. I am not kidding. It had a very unsetlling metallic taste that on the finish reminded me of dirty water. This one isn't good. For girl's dorms, soriority house and for old ladies named Mabel.

3.05/5  rDev +69.4%

Ah, Beast light. "Classic Taste at its best"....Not really, but around here it is the cheapest 30 case around, so I have spent more money on this than any other beer. It gets us all as wasted as we want to be for a minimum price. It's extremely carbonated, and has often been known to make people run around naked and pee on things. Not a great beer, but hey, you get what you pay for. Regardless, I am having one right now.

2.08/5  rDev +15.6%

back in my youthful days this was the swill of choice because it was cheap and went down like silk and got us where we wanted to go. of course now, i don't drink it. but i picked up a single to review and can honestly say this one of the few lagers where the light version is much better than the "heavy" version. smells pretty disgusting (adjuncts) but the taste is pretty tame and really doesn't offend too much. pretty watered down but i'd say it's a better light beer than most others.

2.92/5  rDev +62.2%

I find it difficult to say much of substance about Milwaukee's Best Light. Nothing distinguishes it as being terrible or excellent. I suppose that mediocre will do. Rather bubbly at the start, though the head will disappear within a minute or two. Cheap and perfectly suitable for making a lager and lime and a reasonable choice to offer to friends who are not connoisseurs of fine beers.

firstprev| 626-650 | 651-675 | 676-700  | next → last
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.