Milwaukee's Best Light | Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002

View: Beers
firstprev| 626-650 | 651-675 | 676-700  | next → last
2.22/5  rDev +23.3%

My uncle invited my wife and I over for a barbeque and he had 3 choices of beer, (bud, Mil Best Ice, and Mil Best Light) Since I wanted to expand my pallete of beers tasted I went for the Milwaukee's Best Light. The apperance was light straw yellow and had a little fizzle for a head but not much. The smell was of light grain and corn. The taste while very watered down, wasn't putrid or sickening, but about what I expected. Felt flat but very refreshing in the mouth, drikable on a hot day like this one, it also went good washing down a few brats.

1.33/5  rDev -26.1%

beast light from the bottle...I had this the other night at a friends house...and it was very bad! Especially compared to the Brooklyn, BCS I was drinking the rest of the night. This poured out an ugly, fizzy, clearish yellow colour with a little spritzy head. I have to give it another point on appearance, just because I actually poured it into a glass. The aromas were of stale bread, and nasty old vintage seltzer water. The taste was a bit better than the canned version of this, but it was still really nasty. This stuff has such a thin mouthfeel, it;s like drinking nothing at all...and the drinkability: non-existant.
Very bad, even for a mass produced light lager...stay way! and jeez, if you really have to drink this, at least pour it into a glass!

1.98/5  rDev +10%

I have probably had 100's of cans of this stuff in my lifetime, but don't cry for me. It is yellow and plain looking, with a white head. Taste is very weak, with no flavors except for corn, skunk, and cereal. It is cheap and plentiful, and it served it's purpose.

1.55/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Very clear light gold color, looked flat,few bubbles no head,a little whiff of malt and hop at the beginning, turned to a sour corn smell quickly.Thin adjunct malt taste,just a hint of sweetness all which evaporate quickly. Gave it a couple points because it had no aftertaste rather than a bad aftertaste. it sure says a lot about this nation that this beer is so popular

1.77/5  rDev -1.7%

I'm going to break convention, and review this beer even though I have been to this site more than once. (shuddup man, BEAST rulez! I give it a 5.0 ! ) Take note, I am currently a college senior and I have been waltzing in craft brew wonderland for nearly a year. I now routinely buy $30 cases of interesting micros and actually find it painful to consume this and other $8/ case $35/ keg beers with my drunken cohorts on the weekends. Anyways, Beast is nothing special. Pours a very thin white head off the kegerator in my living room. Roomates insit upon it, even though I have swindled an occasional keg of Boston Ale or other closeout special in there. Light yellow color, stale grain nose, abdundant carbonation. Not as watery as other super cheap macro lights and certainly drinkable when served cold. Allow it to warm on a table while playing drinking games, and it becomes 'open your gullet and suck' drinkable. What can one say? There's a market for this beer, and it is enjoyed by many. I wish I could enlighten some of these folks and show them the pleasures of a weizenbock or an imperial stout, but alas, beer appreciation is something that one arrives at on his own accord. Cheers to all, and enjoy your drink, whethter it be a plastic cup of Beast light or a goblet of Westvleteren 12.

1.53/5  rDev -15%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Once in a while a random can of cheap beer appears in my fridge, whose origns remain unknown. This can of Beast Light is an example of such. It poured a bright, clean pale yellow. The small head fizzled away in no time. Very bubbly. A harsh, rather astringent smell of stale hops was present. The taste was of weak weak hops, and a hint of watered-down malt base. The beer finished rather dry, with no aftertaste, which was a bit of a relief. I can only imagine what the aftertaste might have been. Mouthfeel was a bit like club soda...the artificial carbonation was on prominent display. This beer's great for college parties and keggers, and I suppose it's one of the least terrible macro light beers. But I wouldn't recommend it if you like to enjoy what you drink.

2.91/5  rDev +61.7%

Presentation: 12 oz sliver, white and blue can with no freshness date.

Appearance: Perfect ultra-filtered clarity in an extremely pale yellow brew, the white lace clings to the glass for a bit.

Smell: Odd twang from the cereal grains and minute use of hops. Smells of cooked corn grits.

Taste: Very light bodied with an upfront and quick crispness that is aimed to quench. Little malt flavour, its hard to find. Cereal grains are more abundant with a cooked veggie flavour. Mild yet growing astringency, hops are faint and difficult to pinpoint. Odd feeling in the mouth as it dry and leaves a grain husk that is bone dry.

Notes: At $7.99 a 30 pack what do you expect, cured my thrist on a hot day but then I had to switch to an other beer.

2.58/5  rDev +43.3%

Pours a true, light gold color, and maintaines a thin lacy coating of head (better than most beers i have sampled in its class).

Smell is nothing spectacular, but pretty clean.

Mouthfeel is decent for a light beer of its class. I am drinking it rather warm though.

Taste is nothing special but decent for the price. If you are into this kind of stuff, i suggest it. It is affordible and drinkible - a recipie for disaster!

2.3/5  rDev +27.8%

you can drink it, and people do cuz they can afford it. it is better than coors and anh-busch shit, but it is still cheap american light beer. you can put them down for a night, but i'd highly recommend to have a few good beers first

2.05/5  rDev +13.9%

This stuff is a lot better than regular Beast. It's a lot less harsh i.e. it doesn't have that poisonous metal taste to it that regular Beast has. Its a cheap beer and it does taste that way.

Beast Light pours a straw color that is lighter than regular Milwaukee's Best. It actually formed a decent head, but it not surprisingly disappeared rather quick. For a light beer, the smell is actually stronger than its standard counterpart. Light adjunct grain smell with some alcohol, and a tiny bit of a soapy smell. Mouthfeel? Watery. For the taste, it started off a little bitter on the tip of the tongue, and some light grain tastes followed that. Elsewhere, it was as watery as you would expect a light beer to be. Very little aftertaste save for some light grain/adjuncts. No alcoholic warmth, either.

The stuff is drinkable and can be refreshing I suppose, but there are better light beers out there (if you have to drink a light). I'm a college guy, and even I won't make a regular habit out of this stuff.

1.34/5  rDev -25.6%

This beer is one of those that need to be avoided at all costs, all the time (as does regular Best). Why drink it? ItÂ’s cheap? So what! Pour a little bit of rubbing alcohol into a class of cold water and abracadabra: Milwaukee's Best Light!

Two Thumbs down!!

2.4/5  rDev +33.3%

Economical, readily available, very fizzy, beerish-tasting soda pop. Keep the expectations low and the serving temps even lower. I'm happy just to slake my thirst with ice cold Beast Light on a hot day when a real beer is too "busy". For what it is, it ain't bad and It has a more satisfying flavor than hyped-up Bud, in my opinion. It has no "beechwood aging" or the "finest rice" to nasty it up. It helps that it has no stupid marketing campaign to insult me, either.
Update: This beer has been bumped by Icehouse as my cheap beer-of-choice. For 15 to 20 cents more I can buy a more flavorful 6 or 12 pk of Icehouse in bottles at the grocery store.

Update 11/2005: Uh, there is now an ad campaign for Beast Light. It's kind of entertaining, but it does push a misguided macho agenda, IMO. So, if you live in the universe of this commercial, you'd better have quick reflexes as you pour yourself a Duvel or Chimay at your buddy's Super Bowl party lest you be crushed by a giant can of the Beast for being less than a "real man".

1.47/5  rDev -18.3%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This reminded me of rancid water. I am not kidding. It had a very unsetlling metallic taste that on the finish reminded me of dirty water. This one isn't good. For girl's dorms, soriority house and for old ladies named Mabel.

3.05/5  rDev +69.4%

Ah, Beast light. "Classic Taste at its best"....Not really, but around here it is the cheapest 30 case around, so I have spent more money on this than any other beer. It gets us all as wasted as we want to be for a minimum price. It's extremely carbonated, and has often been known to make people run around naked and pee on things. Not a great beer, but hey, you get what you pay for. Regardless, I am having one right now.

2.08/5  rDev +15.6%

back in my youthful days this was the swill of choice because it was cheap and went down like silk and got us where we wanted to go. of course now, i don't drink it. but i picked up a single to review and can honestly say this one of the few lagers where the light version is much better than the "heavy" version. smells pretty disgusting (adjuncts) but the taste is pretty tame and really doesn't offend too much. pretty watered down but i'd say it's a better light beer than most others.

2.92/5  rDev +62.2%

I find it difficult to say much of substance about Milwaukee's Best Light. Nothing distinguishes it as being terrible or excellent. I suppose that mediocre will do. Rather bubbly at the start, though the head will disappear within a minute or two. Cheap and perfectly suitable for making a lager and lime and a reasonable choice to offer to friends who are not connoisseurs of fine beers.

firstprev| 626-650 | 651-675 | 676-700  | next → last
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.